Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Experimental Track "Can Robots Play Metal?"

edited January 2019 in Creations

I've been pushing my personal envelope for programming generators to make music and still feel like I made something that I could call "mine". It's hard.

This track uses:
2 Rozetta Cells driving 2 copies a a StreamByter script @_Ki wrote that plays power chords

The synths targeted are:

Ruismaker Noir for the rather tepid drummer track. I think I need Lumbeat Rock Drummer to get the genre right

BS-16i "OverDrive Guitar"

Zeeon

And "me" using Geoshred to play a guitar solo that's almost exclusively using the pitch bender since GeoShred's preset pitch bends to something close to 2 octaves. So small movements can play scales.

The FX applied are:

SquashIt
Degrader
ApeFilter
FAC Transient (used on most tracks to try and make it more Cha-runchy.
Limiter (to increase the volume)
Altiverb on the system mix to try and put the band in a big arena

It feels like me somewhat because I programmed the Rozetta Cells for the chord roots and selected the chords (just root-fifth-root = power chords) in a StreamByter by @_Ki.

https://soundcloud.com/user-403688328/chrunching-boulders

Comments

• Great title, McD. You are really turning into a howler. You are truly a slave driver.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Great title, McD. You are really turning into a howler. You are truly a slave driver.

I think the answer to the Musical Question "Can Robots Play Metal?" is a resounding "01001110 01101111" (ASCI), "47 6F" (HEX) and (wait for it).... "No".

But I did learn how to generate noise and strip off excess reverb.
    I think side-channel compression might make it more punchy.
    But it's just ersatz metal... like a Nintendo playing jazz.

Fred Anton Corvest's FAC Transient is an amazing tool to make something punchy but I just don't have any sample that sound like a great metal guitar rig. AudioLayer could help if I make take some clips from a Metal band. Maybe the glitching style the @bedheadproducer demo'ed would kick some metal ass when using shitty samples. Not sure... anyway the PowerChord Script is ready to drive a better sampled guitar. Maybe 4Pockets Shredder can generate some truly Crunching Power Chords from some noise.

It was a late night experiment and it sounds pretty bad in the light of day.

GeoShred is a monster sound engine... but I could find a kick ass metal guitar there either. But it does have a lot of Presets to evaluate.

I'm almost out of SoundCloud space so this one will be the first to go along with a lot of experiments that fell flat.

• I like the Stravinsky like rythm

• @Kühl said:
    I like the Stravinsky like rhythm

A true hero of mine. I used to listen to Le Sacre du Printemp (The Rite of Spring) over and over while commuting to college to study music. I''m sure it shaped my aesthetic as a sublime example of musical beauty. That solo bassoon opening...

Thanks for making the effort to comment. I wanted something a bit more epic but didn't get there. The operator crashed on this one.

• @McDtracy said:

@Kühl said:
    I like the Stravinsky like rhythm

A true hero of mine. I used to listen to Le Sacre du Printemp (The Rite of Spring) over and over while commuting to college to study music. I''m sure it shaped my aesthetic as a sublime example of musical beauty. That solo bassoon opening...

Thanks for making the effort to comment. I wanted something a bit more epic but didn't get there. The operator crashed on this one.

Have you seen this:

It’s a gem :)

• Nichinsky, man behind the ballet, became mad after ww1... he was at an asylum, but there are living film of him from about world war2 or something. He was Nureyev's idol, and the ballet with the Faun is pure Nichinsky.

• @Kühl said:
    Vaslav Nijinsky (for the US) , man behind the ballet

For me the Ballet aspect was not a important. I was raised on the Beatles and RnR but this music spoke to me. I bought score and intended to study how he made some of the sounds I was hearing but honestly I didn't do the work. The fact that many instruments in the score are playing in transposed keys makes it
    too complex. I was primarily a drummer and not proficient in quickly deciphering nomenclature but I kept that score around and would "watch it" every once in a while. I probably haven't listened to it in 10 years.