Multi-out? Is it possible?

Hello guys.. I recently purchased Audiobus 3. I have this idea in mind if is it possible my input is sampletank and my output will be two? One is the headphone and the othernone is the usb out? Is that possible? TIA

Comments

  • @Pijeme said:
    Hello guys.. I recently purchased Audiobus 3. I have this idea in mind if is it possible my input is sampletank and my output will be two? One is the headphone and the othernone is the usb out? Is that possible? TIA

    Yes, it is! Turn on "Multiroute Audio" in AB3 settings to enable built in headphone out + usb audio interface out.

  • Better yet IMHO.

    Korg's MIDIplug provides audio out in 1/4" phono LINE OUTS to get to a PA or external Mixer and a headphone jack with a volume knob.

    The signal says digital up to the MIDIplug and it sound better than Apples internal D-to-A chip. It also offers 5-PIn MIDI IN (only IN and no OUT). This is important if you use MIDI external controllers. No MIDI out however. There are also other Audio Interface products that do this and give you a volume knob and avoid the noisy internal headphone jack completely when you want to route to something else and hear on headphones.

  • I don’t think it is possible, even using the multi-route option.
    You can only pick one output per Audio lane.
    It can be either Headphone or USB, but not both on the the same Audio lane.

    And you can’t bring in Sampletank on more than one Audio lane input. Even AU instances can only be on one Audio lane at a time.

  • @CracklePot said:
    I don’t think it is possible, even using the multi-route option.
    You can only pick one output per Audio lane.
    It can be either Headphone or USB, but not both on the the same Audio lane.

    And you can’t bring in Sampletank on more than one Audio lane input. Even AU instances can only be on one Audio lane at a time.

    Yep, you're right! My bad...

  • @recccp said:

    @CracklePot said:
    I don’t think it is possible, even using the multi-route option.
    You can only pick one output per Audio lane.
    It can be either Headphone or USB, but not both on the the same Audio lane.

    And you can’t bring in Sampletank on more than one Audio lane input. Even AU instances can only be on one Audio lane at a time.

    Yep, you're right! My bad...

    You should be able to use the apeSoft Mixbus to send to multiple outputs. I’ve not tried this but don’t see why you can’t...

  • edited January 17

    I wonder if something like that is possible at all in iOS.
    Whenever I connect a USB audio interface, in whatever app I've tried the headphones out is replaced by the USB audio output. Same with a headset connected via Bluetooth.

    @dwarman had posted this back in 2014:

    Auria has a special Interface mode (on general page) with Multi-mode selection that enables the headphone jack when a USB interface is connected. They say though that some other Apps may have a problem if that mode is enabled. Not sure of other Apps would have to set that mode too to get what you want.

    @Michael wrote in July 2018 (relating to AB 3.1):

    And if you've got a USB audio interface, you'll be happy to hear you can now use Audiobus to send audio out to any output channels, including simultaneously sending to the built-in headphone port if you turn on Multiroute Audio in settings.

    But I have yet to find an app (not Auria) that can actually make use of this.

    Edit: What is possible in AB3 is routing two different sources to
    A: Headphones output and
    B: A connected audio interface.

    So basically what @CracklePot already said.

Sign In or Register to comment.