Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Open heart surgery

edited January 2019 in Other

This was me Jan 11. Don’t panic, it wasn’t emergency surgery . It was an elective procedure, a septal myectomy to correct a faulty heart valve flap. I live in NYC so I had the best Surgeoun on the planet. 15-20 years ago this procedure didn’t exist . The procedure was 100% successful..I didn’t even post this on Facebook or any other form of social media.. So what’s my point in posting it here? This:
This first thing I did upon opening my eyes was kiss my lovely wife.. Now here comes the embarrassing part.Guess what the second thing I did was?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LIgOLMN50cDzcp9AIIB12fVw8dJfCFY4/view?usp=drivesdk

Comments

• BTW if you get overly tired after you eat it’s prob not your stomach but your heart. Just sayin’

• Wow! I hope you’re recovering well.

Let me see... Was the second thing you did to visit this forum to see what had been going on in the iOS music world? Because that’s what I would do; and probably before I kissed my wife.

• You picked up your iPad and did a modern remake of "Everything is alive" from Bill Frisell :smiley:
    I wish all the best to you and your family, and a great recovery.
    Just thinking about this kind of surgery makes me shiver already :o

• Good to hear your heart surgery went successfully. Wishing you all the best on your way to a full and quick recovery.

• edited January 2019

Wishing you a quick and speedy recovery. Good to hear that heart surgery doesn't restrict the use of your fingers :)

• Thanks at @Beathoven got it right . Second thing I did was check this place in my iPhone as soon as I could . Soonafter . I’m 100 fine, love and apps to all.
    Ha ha @rs2000 that’s hilarious..

• I didn’t see a lightning connector.... I had prostate surgery recently... not quite the glamor shot like yours, however. Yes there might be a lotto things wrong with civilization, but modern surgery is not one of them. How did you like oblivion? I loved it
    ( in retrospect). Speedy recovery!

• The marvels of modern medicine ... I wish you a swift recovery.

• Blimey - wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Glad it all went well and good to have you back :smile:

• Get well and have a healthy year! for real

• @TheVimFuego : What you said. Amazing what they can do now

• Glad all is well!! I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

• Elective surgeries are the best surgeries! All the best and Gorn speed to you!

• @Telstar5 said:
    BTW if you get overly tired after you eat it’s prob not your stomach but your heart. Just sayin’

wait! tell me more about this “feeling overly tired after eating” I’ve always had that, especially after lunch.. isn’t it relatively normal? are there any other symptoms to look out for?
    any road, hope the hose-octopus comes off soon.. my father had a heart transplant... bravest thing he ever did..

• Glad all went well dear friend!

• Jeez that looks nearly as complicated as my hardware midi cabling. Glad it went well ;)

• @RockySmalls said:

@Telstar5 said:
    BTW if you get overly tired after you eat it’s prob not your stomach but your heart. Just sayin’

wait! tell me more about this “feeling overly tired after eating” I’ve always had that, especially after lunch..

This :o

• @RockySmalls said:

@Telstar5 said:

wait! tell me more about this “feeling overly tired after eating” I’ve always had that, especially after lunch.. isn’t it relatively normal? are there any other symptoms to look out for?
    any road, hope the hose-octopus comes off soon.. my father had a heart transplant... bravest thing he ever did..

In my case it was a food allergy, but if your dad needed a heart transplant you might want to look into it.

• Best wishes for yor recovery 👍🏻

• @aaronpc said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Telstar5 said:

In my case it was a food allergy, but if your dad needed a heart transplant you might want to look into it.

It was a long and sad story for him.. and nothing specifically hereditary there...
    but, of course, that doesn’t let me entirely off the hook!!
    allergy to which foodstuffs?

• @Telstar5 May you have a speedy recovery. And since you’ll be resting make sure the nurses wheel in a few amps and pedals so you can continue playing music from the iPad. I hear music speeds up recovery 😬🙏🏼

• Carbs- over processed wheat, corn and potatoes, in that order of impact. I stopped falling asleep after dinner the day I started cutting them out and eating more veggies.

And congrats, @Telstar5. No idea what the second thing is you did, but enjoy that second wind that heart surgery patients usually get post-op.

• Get well soon !

• Thats pure love to people who loves to make music on iOS :) :D

Keep alive man and let us here your first track after surgery! Might be a psychadelic piece of art.

PS. It reminds me of myself after work. First thing I do is to look up if it is any new threads on the forum. Second thing is to TRY making music..

• Glad to hear that everything is going well! Speedy recovery!

• It always amazes me how we have the ability to recover like we do. Good luck brother. Do what your doctor tells you and take rehab seriously!

• @aaronpc said:
    Carbs- over processed wheat, corn and potatoes, in that order of impact. I stopped falling asleep after dinner the day I started cutting them out and eating more veggies.

And congrats, @Telstar5. No idea what the second thing is you did, but enjoy that second wind that heart surgery patients usually get post-op.

yes, it could be a ‘wheat’ thing.. there is a tendency to ‘Sandwich’ it up at lunch along with a bag of crisps .. evening time is more rice, vegetables, tofu etc.. so not as numbing maybe?
    though i also have a suspicion it could be a sensitivity to afternoon coffee and it sending my heart rate up?? its all a bit trial and error on what to cut out up to now..
    @Telstar5 .. nothing like bed confinement to make you appreciate EVEN MORE the joy of ipad music making.. enjoy.. and I wish you a complication free recuperation..

• Sending my best wishes for your recovery @Telstar5 !
    Take rest, think positive and keep up enjoying your life! 👍

Many greetings from Germany!

• glad to hear you are healing well :)