Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthJacker

15678911»

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:
    @coniferprod : i am trying to do a bring your own file where I rendered audio on my desktop from the MIDI file from synthjacker -- and it crashes about 2 seconds into slicing (before any files are saved).

Just saw your e-mail with the log, thanks for reaching out. I'll look into it soon. I may need to ask you for some more info, and possibly request for the original file, if necessary. The first thing that comes to mind is storage space (or the lack of it) -- are you running low? Slicing a big file like that is going to take up a lot of temporary storage. Anyway, I'll try to replicate your scenario and see if I can find out what is wrong.

• @coniferprod said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @coniferprod : i am trying to do a bring your own file where I rendered audio on my desktop from the MIDI file from synthjacker -- and it crashes about 2 seconds into slicing (before any files are saved).

Just saw your e-mail with the log, thanks for reaching out. I'll look into it soon. I may need to ask you for some more info, and possibly request for the original file, if necessary. The first thing that comes to mind is storage space (or the lack of it) -- are you running low? Slicing a big file like that is going to take up a lot of temporary storage. Anyway, I'll try to replicate your scenario and see if I can find out what is wrong.

Thx for looking into it. I have about 3 gig of free space free.

• @espiegel123 said:

OK, with a 630 MB original file it could turn into a storage issue, because there are many intermediate steps (slice, trim, normalize, convert), and each of them creates a temporary work file.

Would it be possible to try with a smaller file, say under 100 MB, and see if that works OK? That might help isolate the problem. For example, you could split your original note range into smaller ranges and create separate MIDI files and sequences for them, then try to bring them into BYOAF one by one.

• @coniferprod said:

@espiegel123 said:

OK, with a 630 MB original file it could turn into a storage issue, because there are many intermediate steps (slice, trim, normalize, convert), and each of them creates a temporary work file.

Would it be possible to try with a smaller file, say under 100 MB, and see if that works OK? That might help isolate the problem. For example, you could split your original note range into smaller ranges and create separate MIDI files and sequences for them, then try to bring them into BYOAF one by one.

I’ll look into. FWIW, I didn’t select the normalize option. What is curious is that it dies before a single slice has been created.

• edited November 2020

Once again it's Jack Friday! SynthJacker is 50% off on the AppStore until the end of November. Auto-sample your hardware synths and instrument Audio Units and use the results in any DAW or sampler.

• @espiegel123 said:

@coniferprod said:

@espiegel123 said:

I’ll look into. FWIW, I didn’t select the normalize option. What is curious is that it dies before a single slice has been created.

I have turned trimming off and have 4 gig free space but haven’t had a chance to redo the instrument by breaking it up. What options require the fewest number of extra files...normalize off, trim off, what file format? My original is .wav

• The native format is CAF (Core Audio Format), all others require a conversion step. So the minimum number of operations is achieved by Trim=None, Normalize=Off, and Format=CAF.

Sorry for the inconvenience! I haven’t had the chance to dive into the problem properly.

• IS THERE A WAY TO AUTOSAMPLE AN EXTERNAL PIANO INSTRUMENT FOR WHEN THE SUSTAIN PEDAL IS DEPRESSED ? NOT ONLY THE MIDI NOTE ON/OFF WOULD NEED TO BE TRANSMITTED BUT ALSO SUSTAIN PEDAL ON/OFF... I'M HOPING TO CREATE A SEPARATE LAYER IN AUDIOLAYER THAT WOULD ACTIVATE WHEN THE SUSTAIN PEDAL IS USED... TO CAPTURE THE FULL SOUND OF THE PIANO (RESONANCE).

• @pjchandonnet said:
    IS THERE A WAY TO AUTOSAMPLE AN EXTERNAL PIANO INSTRUMENT FOR WHEN THE SUSTAIN PEDAL IS DEPRESSED ? NOT ONLY THE MIDI NOTE ON/OFF WOULD NEED TO BE TRANSMITTED BUT ALSO SUSTAIN PEDAL ON/OFF... I'M HOPING TO CREATE A SEPARATE LAYER IN AUDIOLAYER THAT WOULD ACTIVATE WHEN THE SUSTAIN PEDAL IS USED... TO CAPTURE THE FULL SOUND OF THE PIANO (RESONANCE).

Here’s a hack.

Send a CC 64 less than 63 and the target will hold the pedal down until a CC great than 64 arrives.

If you want to do this I can provide methods to send the CC’s as needed. To sync with synthjacker a Mozaic script with a timer know would be required to sync pedal events.

I suspect @coniferprod coukd add this feature and sell 5 more copies.

• @McD said:

@pjchandonnet said:
    IS THERE A WAY TO AUTOSAMPLE AN EXTERNAL PIANO INSTRUMENT FOR WHEN THE SUSTAIN PEDAL IS DEPRESSED ? NOT ONLY THE MIDI NOTE ON/OFF WOULD NEED TO BE TRANSMITTED BUT ALSO SUSTAIN PEDAL ON/OFF... I'M HOPING TO CREATE A SEPARATE LAYER IN AUDIOLAYER THAT WOULD ACTIVATE WHEN THE SUSTAIN PEDAL IS USED... TO CAPTURE THE FULL SOUND OF THE PIANO (RESONANCE).

Here’s a hack.

Send a CC 64 less than 63 and the target will hold the pedal down until a CC great than 64 arrives.

If you want to do this I can provide methods to send the CC’s as needed. To sync with synthjacker a Mozaic script with a timer know would be required to sync pedal events.

I suspect @coniferprod coukd add this feature and sell 5 more copies.

Thanks... I'm thinking to get synthjacker to create a midi sequence file and then add the cc64 messages... surprised no autosampler has this capability built-in.

• @pjchandonnet : if you are using audiolayer, you might want to suggest to @virsyn that he add sustain pedal as an option to its auto-sampler.