Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Korg Volca - Modular & Drum

Comments

• Holy "Wait, these are both real???l" Batman!

• pretty cool actually. Drum looks great. wonder if the price point is the same.

• I really miss their product videos with that Japanese whiz guy. I'm sorry his name escapes me, but you all know who I'm talking about.

And the Modular is quite enticing if the price points hold.

• Prices:

Drum $169.99 USD
    Modular $199.99 USD

• @oat_phipps ‘Tats’, being the lead designer on the products he was demoing made it super cool, unfortunately he left Korg: http://cdm.link/2017/02/visionary-tatsuya-takahashi-leaving-korg-huge-legacy/

• I love that modular. Interesting how they took a page from Makenoise's graphic design book. And then the literal reference to the Wogglebug. I wonder if they actually had someone from MN working with them on the team.

• Wow I was so wrong believing it would be fake. Than the Minilogue/prologue crossover probably is true as well. Incredible, especially the modular.

• I want to like it but wish it was East Coast

• @brambos said:
    I love that modular. Interesting how they took a page from Makenoise's graphic design book. And then the literal reference to the Wogglebug. I wonder if they actually had someone from MN working with them on the team.

Could be that Korg had help from Grant Richter, who apparently named his 'Buchla-influenced' Wiard module after the Oz character 'Woggle Bug'. I hope Korg didn't just borrow the term.
    http://www.wiard.com/modular/300series/wogglebug/index.htm

But for $200, it looks really good. It basically doubles the 0-Coast's core modules and doesn't lose any inputs or outputs (like for the wavefolder)... Someone will make a 3.5mm patchbay for Eurorack soon.

Something more East-Coast for similiar money:
    https://www.sound-machines.it/product/ns1nanosynth/

• @brambos said:
    I love that modular. Interesting how they took a page from Makenoise's graphic design book. And then the literal reference to the Wogglebug. I wonder if they actually had someone from MN working with them on the team.

Kinda funny but I checked the video for the Volca Drum and though...
    ...hey that's almost like 6 instances of Ruismaker Noir and the other one reminds me of Ripplemaker :D

• @Samu said:

@brambos said:

...hey that's almost like 6 instances of Ruismaker Noir and the other one reminds me of Ripplemaker :D

Yeah that was my first thought too :D

• @SheffieldBleep said:
    I want to like it but wish it was East Coast

not sure if we can call it "true west coast" either, lpg and random generator aint enough to call it like that

• @Samu said:

@brambos said:

+1

That they borrowed some ideas from Bram Bos was my initial thought as well.

• That Modular is definitely appealing :)

• @Qmishery said:

@SheffieldBleep said:
    I want to like it but wish it was East Coast

not sure if we can call it "true west coast" either, lpg and random generator aint enough to call it like that

It has a Wavefolder in a complex style oscillator, its definitely a additive synth so its as West Coast as you can get.

Im over the moon this is real. Serious GAS right now, its going to be so fun to patch with my Softpop and 0-Coast!

• Anybody got a release date on these? I finally have something I can put my Guitar Center credit towards. It's just been sitting around for a year+

• I have a feeling this guy is just naturally spaced out and stoned. I wish I could be like that. F'in hippies

• edited January 2019

Oh, and the drum sounds too digital and techno-ey for me, but it IS quite a cool gadget. It's a shame the original beats had such a shitty snare

• I think actually the star of the show will be the new Monologue XD. Nice upgrades worth saving up for.

• What's the best way to route the audio from these into a desktop DAW, especially with the 1/8th mini jack headphone output?

• I've been hoping this modular was for real. And now that it is I'm a bit worried that it'll be a serious gateway to modular synthesis. My wife would kill me ...

• @kinkujin said:
    I've been hoping this modular was for real. And now that it is I'm a bit worried that it'll be a serious gateway to modular synthesis. My wife would kill me ...

Do it!

• @mistercharlie said:

@kinkujin said:
    I've been hoping this modular was for real. And now that it is I'm a bit worried that it'll be a serious gateway to modular synthesis. My wife would kill me ...

Do it!

But Honey, MisterCharlie said to do it!!!

• I have been tempted by many Volcas before (Even more so the FM and Sample ones)
    But I was able to deny it. Now these two are must haves :smile: :open_mouth:

• @kinkujin said:

@mistercharlie said:

@kinkujin said:

Do it!

Mine moans about the growing space I use up with my 'wires'...everything is a wire LOL....But Dear, this is so tiny think of all the space you will get back! :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@kinkujin said:

@mistercharlie said:

@kinkujin said:

Do it!

Mine moans about the growing space I use up with my 'wires'...everything is a wire LOL....But Dear, this is so tiny think of all the space you will get back! :D

Your synths are wires? hehehe I love that. Honey, I got a new 'wire' !!!!

• edited January 2019

Cool! McModular.... in Happy Meals for a limited time! 🤡

Bringing synths to the masses. (9-volt)Power to the people! (right on).

@AndyPlankton said:

Reminds me of that movie: “I Scream Of Wires”. 🤩