Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What about Impc pro 2 keeps it from being a real contender?

Well you all see the title, what is it to you that keeps it from being one of the premiere apps for IOS music production?

I mean it carries the mpc name after all so you figure it would be one of the leaders of the pack but it just does not seem to be the case, why is that in your opinion?

Comments

• @MarkySo said:
    Well you all see the title, what is it to you that keeps it from being one of the premiere apps for IOS music production?

I mean it carries the mpc name after all so you figure it would be one of the leaders of the pack but it just does not seem to be the case, why is that in your opinion?

It’s a bit of abandoned ware app. No AU effect support and still has some bugs.

• Its been a total let down bugs etc sounds double up when triggering pads in record , stereo to mono in sample edit only works for mono left, Fix track works after several attempts - for me forced to abandon ...

• Also no proper Envelope dials and only Attack & Decay available in Poly mode and lastly they removed the locate cursors in the Transport panel- Why Only Retronyms knows - its 2019 they lost the plot

• @stormbeats said:
    Also no proper Envelope dials and only Attack & Decay available in Poly mode and lastly they removed the locate cursors in the Transport panel- Why Only Retronyms knows - its 2019 they lost the plot

I cand figure out any other reasons why retronyms does what they do again and again with their apps, other than that they just want to make maximum profit with least amount of work, not caring about their products or customers much, as that is out from profits. They only react with some crappy bandaid that doesent fix all the problems and even that comes usually after its way too late. Or then akai tells them that the app needs to be crap, so that it doesent take away sales from mpc, but i kinda doubt that

• I’ve found that it just crashes a lot; at least half the tracks I have in both iMPC 1 & 2 are auto-saved versions, because it crashed when I was in the middle of something. It’s a shame, because when I get going with it, the app has a decent workflow.

@stormbeats said:
    they removed the locate cursors in the Transport panel- Why Only Retronyms knows - its 2019 they lost the plot

Haven’t played with it for a bit, so perhaps it’ll be obvious when I open it next, but who with the what now?

• @ToMess said:

@stormbeats said:
    Also no proper Envelope dials and only Attack & Decay available in Poly mode and lastly they removed the locate cursors in the Transport panel- Why Only Retronyms knows - its 2019 they lost the plot

I cand figure out any other reasons why retronyms does what they do again and again with their apps, other than that they just want to make maximum profit with least amount of work, not caring about their products or customers much, as that is out from profits. They only react with some crappy bandaid that doesent fix all the problems and even that comes usually after its way too late. Or then akai tells them that the app needs to be crap, so that it doesent take away sales from mpc, but i kinda doubt that

Yep. Exactly this!

• I actually like the app and would have kept using it. The reason I don’t is that it is unstable. I’ve had far too many crashes to continue using it. The frustration from using it is higher than the pleasure I gain from using it.

• No MIDI out for external hardware, I could forgive the max 44.1k 16 bit audio if it had the MIDI out.

• @ToMess said:

@stormbeats said:

@Retronyms @ToMess yes I agree And at least give us a “crap” version of mpc that actually works People have paid their wages - total con

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I just licensed up for MPC2.3 this weekend, and I can’t see how Retronyms takes a MIDI powerhouse and wrings their app out of it. Maybe they put all of their focus on the sample side of it, it does offer some unique features in that regard, but without stability and solid MIDI what’s the point. The unresponsive grid was the last straw for me.

• edited January 2019

Also has no Document Picker/Open In
    & 16bit files only

• @ashen_hand said:
    I just licensed up for MPC2.3 this weekend, and I can’t see how Retronyms takes a MIDI powerhouse and wrings their app out of it. Maybe they put all of their focus on the sample side of it, it does offer some unique features in that regard, but without stability and solid MIDI what’s the point. The unresponsive grid was the last straw for me.

Yep

• Bugs bugs bugs and bugs. Can’t tell you how many projects I’ve started which no longer open. 🤬

I love the idea of the app but i can’t trust it with any meaningful work. It’s cool to play with it but not rely on for “real work”.

It’s unfortunate cause there’s a lot to like with the app. Just wish they could fix the whole AU host problem it seems to have.

• @stormbeats said:
    & 16bit files only

But you can drop files in the iMPC Pro 2 folder using the Files.app ;)

• Not to sound like a broken record but, yeah, it's the bugs.

• @d4d0ug said:
    Audiocopy. I’m not a fan.

Yeah man, they need to stop playing and let us use Audiobus with it but I do think you can use it as a plugin with certain apps. I know with Impc Pro I can use it as a plugin in Beatmaker 3 and record it into Bm3 as well.

@stormbeats said:
    & 16bit files only

That's a great point on the no open in feature, that would be dope but they make us use audio copy.

@Jumpercollins said:

@MarkySo said:

It’s a bit of abandoned ware app. No AU effect support and still has some bugs.

Yeah man, I sometimes wonder if Akai put less funding into the impc pro apps. You can tell they put a whole lot into the mpc x and live as those are beast but with impc pro they make it seem like a toy they just develop things for from time to time when it could be way better off.

• @robertreynolds said:
    Works for me.

Really? You get great work done in it. i was thinking about getting impc pro 2 but after hearing about all the bugs in it I'm not sure I can buy it just yet.

@stormbeats said:
    Its been a total let down bugs etc sounds double up when triggering pads in record , stereo to mono in sample edit only works for mono left, Fix track works after several attempts - for me forced to abandon ...

Do they still have the bug where wave forms end up look weird withing the app or did they fix that finally?

@Longskatedeath said:
    I’ve found that it just crashes a lot; at least half the tracks I have in both iMPC 1 & 2 are auto-saved versions, because it crashed when I was in the middle of something. It’s a shame, because when I get going with it, the app has a decent workflow.

@stormbeats said:
    they removed the locate cursors in the Transport panel- Why Only Retronyms knows - its 2019 they lost the plot

Haven’t played with it for a bit, so perhaps it’ll be obvious when I open it next, but who with the what now?

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I actually like the app and would have kept using it. The reason I don’t is that it is unstable. I’ve had far too many crashes to continue using it. The frustration from using it is higher than the pleasure I gain from using it.

@echoopera said:
    Bugs bugs bugs and bugs. Can’t tell you how many projects I’ve started which no longer open. 🤬

I love the idea of the app but i can’t trust it with any meaningful work. It’s cool to play with it but not rely on for “real work”.

It’s unfortunate cause there’s a lot to like with the app. Just wish they could fix the whole AU host problem it seems to have.

Sorry to hear all this. @Retronyms Please pay attention to this thread and please make proper improvements. As cool as your apps seems features wise their is tons of room for improvement and way too many bugs.

• edited January 2019

I have no idea how so many people are able to make music/publish music made with the impc, this is just one of the well known artist who used it recently to make this album, but on their Soundcloud there are so many people releasing music with the app, I think more than any other including bm3 it just amazes me. I wish my output with this app was as prolific as all of those people but alas I guess it's just not meant to be. The impc release community is just huge I have no idea how they do it.

• edited January 2019

Hey! A huge MPCPro 2 update is coming your way. The mix-to-mono bug is now fixed (that one took more sleuthing than we expected, so apologies on the delay!), that nasty doubling-up bug is fixed, general stability fixes, all the features and bugfixes that happened during the iPhone dev cycle will be in the iPad one, and lots more. And there's simple Files support :) Now you'll be able to move sounds and projects around without involving your computer.

@echoopera can you give us more detail on a project that won't open any longer? If you could archive one of them and send it to [email protected] along with your OS version and model number we'll take a look.

• Hi retro, what about the Freezing do to the Flux fx bug, has that been fixed and also is there any more news in getting that feature to have the option of being on a per track basis or global depending on the users needs?

• @kobamoto said:
    Hi retro, what about the Freezing do to the Flux fx bug, has that been fixed and also is there any more news in getting that feature to have the option of being on a per track basis or global depending on the users needs?

I don't think the flux freeze bugfix is in this build, unfortunately, if it's the one I'm aware of (is it when overdubbing flux over already-recorded flux messages?). I just checked up on the status of it: There was a fix in 2017 for that one, but it seems it can still happen-- but only when overdubbing. The workaround is to erase your existing flux link recording on the current sequence before recording a new one (hold erase -> erase flux link). I'm going to go bump it up to the highest priority for the next build. Sorry 'bout that!

I did log a feature request for a per-track flux effect, but there are probably other feature requests that will be addressed first.

• @Samu said:

@stormbeats said:
    & 16bit files only

But you can drop files in the iMPC Pro 2 folder using the Files.app ;)

@Samu this is true but for sampling off the fly at quick random bursts of creative energy and when wanting to add different samples and experiment quickly I find Open in better.Plus when files app does its Content Not Available stuff it becomes more bugs creating a nest :-)

• edited January 2019

I had to do it - very much in line with this post ..come on Retronyms impc pro2 has so much good about it just get rid of the bugs They itch !!

• @stormbeats said:

I had to do it - very much in line with this post ..come on Retronyms impc pro2 has so much good about it just get rid of the bugs They itch !!

Don't know maybe 'It's Tricky' to fix it ;)

• @Retronyms as you will have guessed and gathered from this passionate but unscientific sampling it is the bugs that are bedeviling us, so really good to hear some fixes are in the pipe. Looking forward.

• @Retronyms said:

@kobamoto said:
    Hi retro, what about the Freezing do to the Flux fx bug, has that been fixed and also is there any more news in getting that feature to have the option of being on a per track basis or global depending on the users needs?

I don't think the flux freeze bugfix is in this build, unfortunately, if it's the one I'm aware of (is it when overdubbing flux over already-recorded flux messages?). I just checked up on the status of it: There was a fix in 2017 for that one, but it seems it can still happen-- but only when overdubbing. The workaround is to erase your existing flux link recording on the current sequence before recording a new one (hold erase -> erase flux link). I'm going to go bump it up to the highest priority for the next build. Sorry 'bout that!

I did log a feature request for a per-track flux effect, but there are probably other feature requests that will be addressed first.

ok thanks for making this a priority as it's important.

• @Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

Don't know maybe 'It's Tricky' to fix it ;)

:-) oldschool Better not be tricky they really should have sorted these issues before releasing app and gaining revenue for a broken product

• How do people feel about this app now? The bit I don’t understand is the fact that there’s a separate much cheaper iPhone app. What’s the iPad app got that the iPhone app doesn’t?

They’re both on crazy sale atm.