Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Like Bram's Kosmonaut, but want it in hardware form?

Check this out:

Except for his Chorus & Hass effect, this thing seems like a near perfect copy of @brambos Koz... It's even green!

Comments

• edited January 2019

Just listened to some demos......it’s luuuuuuuuussssssshhhhhh. Wouldn’t expect anything less from Strymon. Now about the price.......$399

• @waynerowand said:
    Just listened to some demos......it’s luuuuuuuuussssssshhhhhh. Wouldn’t expect anything less from Strymon. Now about the price.......$399

Yeaaaa... Let's see a brand new iPad or one pedal... But...

It's not just the iPad...

It's
    1. an iPad
    2. a midi foot controller
    3. an audio interface
    4. maybe a mixer
    5. shit-loads of wasted time trying to get it to all work, only to have all the settings and mappings get f'ed up because Steve Job's ghost doesn't approve of what you're trying to do, etc...

Sadly that's why I keep spending too much money on hardware... After two years of trying to go the "cheap" route on iPad, Ive decided my time is worth more. :)

• edited January 2019

Heisenberg echo effect!!

• edited January 2019

Thinking of all the amazing textures @waynerowand could get out of this beast. I wouldn't mind having one and few more from strymon. This would put my dl4 to a well deserved retirement.

• @JanKun I’m drooling over it! Actually looking at picking up the Boss dd500 and rv500....they seem to hold their own against the Strymon and Eventide offerings for a whole lot less cash. Anyone have any experience with them?

• @waynerowand said:
    @JanKun I’m drooling over it! Actually looking at picking up the Boss dd500 and rv500....they seem to hold their own against the Strymon and Eventide offerings for a whole lot less cash. Anyone have any experience with them?

Ha! Funny you should ask. I have the DD500 that I'll prob. sell if the SOS function of this thing works how I want it to.

The DD500 is pretty amazing, and it's like Mariana Trench deep, but that makes it kinda like a VST in a box. Most of the "good stuff" is buried in multiple menus. Granted, they did a good job organizing it, and it give it a crap-load of powwa. You could easily spend several hours tweaking params on the thing to get the EXACT delay you have in your mind. But who is really going to tweak all those EQ settings on multiple instances of a multi-tap delay?

"Hey man, you been working on that song I heard a demo of?"
    "Yea..."
    "Can I hear it?"
    "I'm not quite done."
    "How much you got done?"
    "I've still trying to tweak the low freq cutoff on head 3's feedback path"
    "But it's been like a week!"

The deal breaker for me on the DD500 is that even though pretty much everything on it can be mapped to midi CC's, for some reason NONE of the loop functions can apparently be mapped to midi of ext control pedals. I need my "pedals" on a stand/desk so I can twiddle 'em so I need to be able to do pedal functions with an external switch...

The Volante seems to have most of the stuff you'd want to do on the fly, even head panning, etc. all pretty quickly from a very shallow interface. Makes it more immediate. I need to see the manual when they finally release it to make sure that the more "looper-ish" stuff can be done over midi or their 3 button switch.

• @MonkeyDrummer Thanks! You’ve confirmed what I’ve been hearing elsewhere. Did you get faster the better you knew it? Looking at what’s on my desk, I really love knob per function stuff.

• @waynerowand said:
    @MonkeyDrummer Thanks! You’ve confirmed what I’ve been hearing elsewhere. Did you get faster the better you knew it? Looking at what’s on my desk, I really love knob per function stuff.

Kinda like a girl... I got to know her enough to know that, while it was fun for a while, she wasn't a keeper. :)

But if you're a tweaker, you can totally map a lot of the deeper stuff to an immense amount of midi controls. So if you have something like BCR or FaderFox, you could pretty much turn it into a REALLY large knob per function. But then again, you can do that with VST's as well...

And that's my slope...

I can totally build a controller for this. i just need to run it through a bunch of midi processing stuff... Wait, if i'm doing that, why don't i just use my DAW and VST's? :)

Hell you can get a copy of BitWig for the price of this pedal I think...

• The last time I bought an expensive pedal was a DD500. I regret it so much. I'm much happier with a used DD-6. The menu-diving is just too much, and the patch navigation is clunky. It sounds very good, but it's hardware limitations make it unusable for me.

• @Janosax said:
    Heisenberg echo effect!!

They even got Walter White to do the demo!

• @richardyot said:

@Janosax said:
    Heisenberg echo effect!!

They even got Walter White to do the demo!

ha ha ha !

• edited January 2019

well designed unit and interface :+1:
    looks like Strymon has established their own brand and gets along without referring to famous gear of the past

• Looks like they ported their Eurorack module, only with fewer features.