Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Purely Robotic" track

I wanted to see what I could do with a purely Generative approach.

Robots:
1. 4 Riffers
2. @Ki's Streambyter Script

Synths:
2. Noise
3. Ruismaker Noir
4. Future Drummer
5. Viking Synth
6. Animoog

https://soundcloud.com/user-403688328/purely-robotic-seriously

Comments

• Sounds lively :)

Did you try to add a RozetaLFO with S/H wave, fast tempo sending CC1 in range 0-127 ? to the SB script ? That would randomly change the articulation/strumming of the chords generated.

• @_ki said:
    Sounds lively :)

Did you try to add a RozetaLFO with S/H wave, fast tempo sending CC1 in range 0-127 ? to the SB script ? That would randomly change the articulation/strumming of the chords generated.

Sorry. I missed that detail about what the LFO contributes.
    I'll give it a shot.

• I can smell a human hand in there

• @supadom said:
    I can smell a human hand in there

I'll fess up... I did hit the "Generate" button on Riffer a few times
    and change the sub-divisions of the notes (1/8th, quarter, 16th, etc) by hand. Now that I know I can I'll tweak the arppegiation
    controls in Rozetta LFO that @_Ki configured in his StreamByter Script but no notes were played on any pads or keyboards in the making of that track. So, I consider it Robot Music of the lowest order. I'm not proud but I needed the job to put myself out of work.

• This is a very clever way for you to get folks to listen to your music, McD. You are a devious cyborg. However, I enjoyed it and kept imagining you doing a voiceover about coding for Streambyter. That would be soooo cool. Please consider.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I kept imagining you doing a voiceover about coding for Streambyter.

Using a vocoder for a Robotic voice FX? I have a couple of those
    apps around here somewhere. Dervoco was free and Virsyn had a sale and ...

Open the iPad bay doors HAL.
    "I'm sorry I can't do that Dave."