Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yamaha Synth Book (AN2015, AN1x, AN200)

Is it just me or does this synth engine sound better than some of the new analog being released?

What a great free app!

Comments

• Forgot about this one, went to reinstall but I still had it. I think there was another oddball Yamaha app I deleted because it only had a few sounds.

• edited January 2019

I was going crazy trying to find it and it's iPhone only so the iPad wouldn't show it existed. Free and Yamaha got my attention.

The Yamaha WaveRunner App isn't AUv3, IAA or AB3 compliant.
    But it does seat 2 and get accelerate rapidly.

Crazy huh?

• :D

Wouldn't mind a waverunner.

Too bad this app doesn't send MIDI out, I find the ARP and chord pads to be a lot of fun.

As for the sound, I think Jakob's face says it all:

• I LOVE that mod-ball thing. It's a lot like the mod setup in LaunchKey app... No idea why more synth apps, other than two withered old abandoned, apps don't use it?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    I LOVE that mod-ball thing. It's a lot like the mod setup in LaunchKey app... No idea why more synth apps, other than two withered old abandoned, apps don't use it?

Aparillo has a nice version of it, more advanced I think but I haven’t used either much.

• It’s incredible!

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    It’s incredible!

Always was a good bit of stuff :)

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    It’s incredible!

Ha! So good.

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    I LOVE that mod-ball thing. It's a lot like the mod setup in LaunchKey app... No idea why more synth apps, other than two withered old abandoned, apps don't use it?

Yeah it's very cool. It took me a while to realise that reset button was there, but damn you can do some crazy stuff and safely return back to the OG patch.

• edited January 2019

I remember drooling over the AN1x back in the day. Never bought one in the end, but I wouldn't mind these in music-app form - released from their weird containers - to satisfy my nostalgiosity.

• @brambos said:
    I remember drooling over the AN1x back in the day. Never bought one in the end, but I wouldn't mind these in music-app form - released from their weird containers - to satisfy my nostalgiosity.

I drooled at the AN1x too until Yamaha dropped the PLG-150AN plug-in synth for the SW1000XG :)
    If I was to be able to utilise it today I would have to get a Windows XP Box with PCI slots...

Hopefully Yamaha will some day realise they can re-monetise their old DSP code on iOS...

• Their patience is short... I've had a DX200 groovebox featuring the PLG-150 DX board.
    Another version featuring the PLG 150 existed, and both were dropped rather quick.
    As a DX fan I was quite annoyed by the programming of the thing, but at least I could sell it later for more than I paid for it o:)

But this freebie is a nice hands on audio book through their sound history.

• I had an An1x and it provided the lead sounds for pretty much all of my hardware studio productions back then. It was incredible.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Lady_App_titude said:
    It’s incredible!

Always was a good bit of stuff :)

Thanks, Johnny Goodyear! Still one of my favorite projects of I’ve done on the iPad —and I actually did use the Synth Book app for key parts of it!

• @BroCoast said:

@Lady_App_titude said:
    It’s incredible!

Ha! So good.

Thx, BroCoast!

• edited January 2019

Thanks for the nod on this one, I love that sound.
    Speaking of mod balls... @MonkeyDrummer @BroCoast if you haven’t tried it, the Waverazor soft synth has 2 mod balls and a waveform slicer (not iOS, free version available) https://www.tracktion.com/products/waverazor

• It feels like Yamaha could make this a true classic by allowing us to assign parameters to the orb and control the range.

Sounds superb and the chord pads are very playable so can't complain but I would be happy to spend €30 on an expanded version.

• The glaring elephant-in-the-synth problem with Synth Book is the “Book” part of it. I’d wager that most people are like me and have never even looked at anything but the Synth side of it.

I’d be more than willing to pay an IAP or whatever to decouple the Synth from the superfluous, bloatware “Book” part. But these is the strange mone-times we inhabit.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    The glaring elephant-in-the-synth problem with Synth Book is the “Book” part of it. I’d wager that most people are like me and have never even looked at anything but the Synth side of it.

I’d be more than willing to pay an IAP or whatever to decouple the Synth from the superfluous, bloatware “Book” part. But these is the strange mone-times we inhabit.

Amen to that sister.