Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Free Presets for Alchemy (good)

Comments

• Do these work with Alchemy mobile, or just Alchemy?

• Yes, they work in Alchemy Mobile.

• Really? How cool is that, I did not think they would so did not bother but now I will. Alchemy is one of my favorite apps. Thanks a lot for the heads up.

• Thanks for letting me know @mgmg4871! :-)

• How would I go about importing them to Alchemy Mobile? I used Safari to get them into winzip. Do I copy and paste or what?

• Good question! :-)

• Open iTunes and select your device
    Click the Apps page
    Highlight Alchemy Mobile in the File Sharing list
    Drag the Camel Sounds file to the document sharing panel
    Open the bank select screen in Alchemy Mobile
    Select 'Add custom presets' from the bottom of the menu
    Select the Camel Sounds file
    The contents of the file will be extracted. Once complete the sound library will be available from the bank select screen.

• Thanks! :-) I was wondering how to do this too, since I've never done it. :-)

• I'm assuming this can only be done with the Pro version of Alchemy Mobile? I'm not seeing the 'add custom presets' option in the free version.

• Hmm. I can only get this to work with the Teksonic patches. Alchemy Mobile extracts and moves the others, but they can't be found anywhere in the patch list.

• I could only find the technosonic sound bank in Alchemy Mobile after loading from iTunes. The other two showed as downloading but I can not find them in the App? Anyone else managed to get them into their library?

• I just saw you post tentillum. I am having the same problem.

• Got the other patches to work by extracting them in the Finder and copying the folders manually into Alchemy Mobile using iFunBox.

• What do u mean by the finder?

• The native file management program on Apple laptops and desktops.

• You can also add the patches through the Alchemy app itself. Go to add custom sounds under the sound libraries menu and enter the URL/website where the patches are hosted. Alchemy will download and unzip them and you should be all set. Unfortunately this option is also only working for the Teksonic patches at http://rekkerd.org/bin/presets/Teksonik_Alchemy_FX.zip Also when I load these this way the remix pads do nothing and the sounds can't be altered. Is this true when you load any custom sounds into the app and is this true as well when you load the sounds via the iTunes method???

• The Teksonik patches don't seem to have remix options associated with the pads; the Yuroun and Dr. Tim patches do.

• edited December 2013

Not a very useful download unfortunately. Only the teksonik works and not very well. I hope that camel comes out with more pacs soon, theirs work and I found them very useful unlike these.

• Is there a way to remove unwanted banks from Alchemy?

• Pull your finger to the left over it!

• Thanks Kloon.

• Well, that was a big load of smoke up my arse then.

• edited December 2013

The Yuroun and Dr. Tim downloads seem to have a quirky folder structure that's preventing them from installing properly in Alchemy Mobile. I've reorganized them and uploaded the folders to Dropbox. Try these:

Yuroun Pads https://www.dropbox.com/s/56hiidlrlsmfjlt/Yuroun_Pads.zip

Dr. Tim Waters https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysb459onwrf4jst/Dr_Tim_Waters.zip

If you still have problems, fire up iFunBox, navigate to:

Alchemy > Library > Private Documents > Alchemy > Presets

…and drop the folders in there. Open Alchemy Mobile and you should see the preset collections listed at the bottom of your library list.

I like 'em, the Dr. Tim collection especially.

EDIT: File names renamed to remove spaces.

• edited December 2013

^Tried your Dr. Tim Waters link in Alchemy, it failed to download then crashed Alchemy every time I tried to delete it from the list.....had to delete the app and reinstall.

Not sure if this is the reason, but you shouldn't have spaces in URLs.

• Damn. So sorry. I've edited the file names in case that was the issue.

• That's alright just wanted to share that. Don't have time to test again right now. Thanks for doing this!

• @tentillum , nope...still crashes for me. Downloads half way and then stops with an error about unable to download and when I try to delete it from inside alchemy , it crashes.
    Must be the path ?

• Thanks for the feedback, folks. Not sure why the direct installation isn't working. If possible, can you try the second approach?—download and unzip outside of Alchemy, then use iFunBox to install the folders. If that also causes a crash (it shouldn't) then it's easy enough to go back in via iFunBox and delete the folders, no need to reinstall Alchemy.

Sorry for the headache :(

• edited December 2013

Same problem here like SidewaysGrin. Got DrTW and Teksonik do show up. But Yuroun stays invisible. The folder with the presets is there. Copied with iFunBox. No idea what is wrong with those.

Solution: Alchemy wants a double folder structure for the presets. So I just created inside the Yoroun Folder a new folder and put the presets there. Works.

• Finally got it working : Had to extract folders and make sure there is a "Preset" sub folder under the main folder. The Preset folder will have all the files in it.

Also managed to make the free sample pack from the insanely great Luftrum work in the same fashion :-)
    http://www.luftrum.com/alchemy/luftrum4.zip

Download on PC , extract and then move the files into a "Preset" folder and the use iFunBox to move the folder to Alchemy