Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DAW for audio recording/editing, which can be midi slaved(or syncs to BSP in other ways)?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2019

@AndyPlankton said:

@rs2000 said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Loopy and Gadget are the only MIDI Slave enabled recorders I think....
    Out of interest, why do you need to slave to MIDI clock rather than have the DAW as the master clock ? BSP should start playing when it receives the clock from the DAW so no need to try and press play in both ?

It totally depends on your setup. When I work with hardware, I'm naturally using the hardware transport controls so the iOS apps will have to follow.
    If you want your DAW to be the master and BSP the slave, that's fine, you can do it with any DAW supporting MIDI Clock send (except Cubasis, it currently has a bug that makes it send the wrong MIDI Clock messages, Steinberg already know about it).

@mistercharlie said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Loopy and Gadget are the only MIDI Slave enabled recorders I think....
    Out of interest, why do you need to slave to MIDI clock rather than have the DAW as the master clock ? BSP should start playing when it receives the clock from the DAW so no need to try and press play in both ?

For me I’m using an octatrack as master, so I want to use its controls.

Yeah I get why some of us want it to slave, I wan tto slave so I can control tempo and transport from Circuit, I was asking @ToMess as they may not be fussy as to which way round it is :)

Cubasis clock issue is only when looping in Cubasis, if you play linear in Cubasis (and let the hardware loop) then there is no problem.

Oh syncing the daw is a must for me. Daw is just something that ill keep aside until i have sorta made some sketches about the composition, then when i have my eurorack set up and notes arranged to BSP and all that, i can start to record shorter or longer parts to a daw. Like for example first make a intro. Then stop rec, put the pointer where i want to continue recording, arm rec and push play on BSP and rec again until i want to stop. Or make mpore of these type of parts and then cut and arrange them on daw.

Auria started working for me and seems like a perfect solution :)