Rozeta projects across hosts question...

Something I've been pondering - it's an issue that comes up frequently:

I have many Rozeta Bassline and Cells projects in AUM that I would like to open in other hosts. Surprise - the presets in AUM and Apematrix aren't available in other hosts.

I wish Brambos would create some kind of folder for these that could be opened irrespective of the host (like the ones he has for Ripplemaker and others) - I guess this would be a feature request. If there is some workaround for this, please let me know.

Failing that, has anyone here been able to record the midi from Rozeta Bassline or Cells while in AUM? I know that I can do this in AB3, but because the AUM presets aren't available in AB3 (or seem not to be) this does not address this issue. Any setup suggestions that might address this problem?

Last, I know that @midiSequencer is about to roll out a midi recorder of some kind. Would this be able to record midi from an AUM source like Rozeta Bassline or Cells? This would take care of this, I think.

Comments

  • @brambos - wondering about your thoughts on this.

  • edited January 11

    Yes the midi recorder will record (all midi channels in fact so it can be many midi streams) midi for you - I'm on target to launch this month

  • @midiSequencer said:
    Yes the midi recorder will record (all midi channels in fact so it can be many midi streams) midi for you - I'm on target to launch this month

    Yay!

  • @midiSequencer said:
    Yes the midi recorder will record (all midi channels in fact so it can be many midi streams) midi for you - I'm on target to launch this month

    @midisequencer - This is great. More than great, actually. It solves many, many problems when generating work in AUM, ApeMatrix and Audiobus3 and trying to get it into a DAW like NS2. May I assume that we will be able to export the midi that is recorded? Or, if not, can we save the midi in a folder that we can use in any platform?

  • @ALB said:

    @midiSequencer said:
    Yes the midi recorder will record (all midi channels in fact so it can be many midi streams) midi for you - I'm on target to launch this month

    @midisequencer - This is great. More than great, actually. It solves many, many problems when generating work in AUM, ApeMatrix and Audiobus3 and trying to get it into a DAW like NS2. May I assume that we will be able to export the midi that is recorded? Or, if not, can we save the midi in a folder that we can use in any platform?

    Yar. Pretty sure it saves the recorded MIDI to the Files.app. Public apology: I'm on the beta for this little marvel but haven't found a solid stretch to give it a real go! If it's buggy at launch, now you know who to blame.

    When I do find a stretch, capturing AUM<->Rozeta jams and then importing that MIDI into NS2 will be high on my to-try list. Will report back.

  • For now, if you use something like MIDIFlow or StreamByter to create a custom virtual port, you can point AUM hosted Rozeta machines directly at NanoStudio and capture the MIDI to tracks.

    You have to create your own virtual port because neither AUM nor NS2 publish their own virtual ports. Not sure about ApeMatrix or other DAWs.

    Actually, doesn't the latest AB publish a virtual port or is that still in beta? If so, could also host Rozeta plugs there and set AB's virtual port as the input for NS2.

  • @syrupcore said:
    For now, if you use something like MIDIFlow or StreamByter to create a custom virtual port, you can point AUM hosted Rozeta machines directly at NanoStudio and capture the MIDI to tracks.

    You have to create your own virtual port because neither AUM nor NS2 publish their own virtual ports. Not sure about ApeMatrix or other DAWs.

    Actually, doesn't the latest AB publish a virtual port or is that still in beta? If so, could also host Rozeta plugs there and set AB's virtual port as the input for NS2.

    Thanks for this. As I understand it, Rozeta with AB can transmit to NS2, but you can’t use the presets from AUM in AB, so if you have AUM projects, then you would have to manually recreate that in AB. Does that make sense? Sorry for all the acronyms...

  • @ALB said:

    @syrupcore said:
    For now, if you use something like MIDIFlow or StreamByter to create a custom virtual port, you can point AUM hosted Rozeta machines directly at NanoStudio and capture the MIDI to tracks.

    You have to create your own virtual port because neither AUM nor NS2 publish their own virtual ports. Not sure about ApeMatrix or other DAWs.

    Actually, doesn't the latest AB publish a virtual port or is that still in beta? If so, could also host Rozeta plugs there and set AB's virtual port as the input for NS2.

    Thanks for this. As I understand it, Rozeta with AB can transmit to NS2, but you can’t use the presets from AUM in AB, so if you have AUM projects, then you would have to manually recreate that in AB. Does that make sense? Sorry for all the acronyms...

    Correct. Unless you can point AUM MIDI outputs to AB MIDI Inputs? If so, you could simply use AB as a MIDI router. Not in front of my iPad at the moment.

  • ALBALB
    edited January 11

    I will try to set up the virtual port as you have mentioned. Not sure how to do that but will investigate. Thanks!

  • @1nsomniak said:

    Exactly!

    Still no luck setting up AUM as a midi sender to AB3. This Is user error, no doubt.

Sign In or Register to comment.