Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

One Of Our Own Has Passed, This Is Very Sad News

13»

Comments

• Toz seemed like a great guy. Sad to hear that he passed. It really hits home that we’re on borrowed time here. All my best to his family and friends.

• I hope you are somewhere working on that opus Toz. :heart:

• @LinearLineman said:
    Beautiful music. Loved his name. My teacher, Connie, before she did it herself, called it "stepping off the planet" Just stepping off.

• Damn. Crazy to feel sad for someone who passed when all you knew were the words they typed. I had no direct interaction with the man, but was so aware of his presence here. If he’s somewhere else I hope it’s better.

• I'm so sorry to hear it. :cry: My condolences mate.

• Like that first sawtooth Synth Jan w the piano. Nice stuff.. RIP Toz

• my condolences

• I didn’t know him personally but I feel he was a lovely guy.
    RIP @TozBourne

OM Shanti 🙏

• My thoughts are with his friends and family. Good guy and musician. Rest In Peace.

• I’m too new to the forum to have met him unfortunately, as I’m sure I would have loved the guy. He seemed like such a decent soul and incredibly gifted person from what I’ve seen. Love his music—really hits home.
    My condolences to his family, friends, loved ones.

• R.I.P. Toz. While I didn't really know you that well you shall be missed.

• This is a bit off topic, but I don't think Toz would mind. I participate on the PianoWorld forum and recently read a post about the death of a member's wife. There was a general expression of condolence and loss with genuine warmth and concern... but, unfortunately ( from my pov) wrapped in the trappings of a rather formal approach ( as in saying the right stuff) andconstricted by societal dictates .

What feels so different here is that it feels so much more real, uncloaked, fresh, unbound, original, loving, laden with possibility, truly compassionate. Even though the central point is remembering and grieving for the loss of a friend and fellow artist, we do what a functional family does when experiencing loss. Somehow we feel closer to each other. This seems rather impossible in a virtual setting, yet I feel it and I imagine so do many others. This is the difference between this community and a place like PW. I am not putting that forum down. It is the standard of polite interaction and suits the needs of thousands. But for me, someone rather isolated in a foreign country, to feel truly what a family is with you all, is nothing short of miraculous. Toz was a part of that family, and though he is like a third cousin for me, still, through all of you and this forum, I feel connected to him. Amazing. Thank you.

Btw, @Lady_App_titude ... I love you!

• I read many of his posts, and Toz always came through as positive and generous. Apparently, through the toughest of times. My condolences to his family and his many friends.

• @LinearLineman said:

What feels so different here is that it feels so much more real, uncloaked, fresh, unbound, original, loving, laden with possibility, truly compassionate. Even though the central point is remembering and grieving for the loss of a friend and fellow artist, we do what a functional family does when experiencing loss. Somehow we feel closer to each other. This seems rather impossible in a virtual setting, yet I feel it and I imagine so do many others. This is the difference between this community and a place like PW. I am not putting that forum down. It is the standard of polite interaction and suits the needs of thousands. But for me, someone rather isolated in a foreign country, to feel truly what a family is with you all, is nothing short of miraculous. Toz was a part of that family, and though he is like a third cousin for me, still, through all of you and this forum, I feel connected to him. Amazing. Thank you.

Btw, @Lady_App_titude ... I love you!

(Blush)

This is the third person I’ve lost in just the first weeks of 2019 (two on another forum I follow). All three were vivacious, creative individuals with a clever sense of humor, and all of them younger than me, I believe. At a certain point, it’s all borrowed time, my friends. Carpe, etc. while ye may.

• @Daveypoo said:
    Thanks, Doug.

For those who never got to meet or interact with Toz directly, here's a tour of his home studio he did in May of last year. Safe journeys, Toz - it was nice to spend a few more minutes with you today to say goodbye.

Thanks for posting Davey.

Toz comes across as an instantly likeable guy in his video.

Sad news. :(

• Fly free man !
    Peace !

• I'm sorry to hear about this, I hope his family and friends find peace in this time.

• Toz dropped the body and has gone home. Free at last.
    But I gotta say: Fuck Cancer

• Damn, sad news indeed

• Just saw this on Facebook - thought I'd share some photos of Toz here.

Man - he looks like a blast to hang out with. Wish I could've shared a beer with you, sir.

https://www.facebook.com/mortgagexpert1/posts/10215688450676678

• edited January 2019

Oh god. I haven’t been on the AB forum hardly at all the past two years, but Toz and I always kept in semi-regular touch ever since our “SynthMaster Love” project. He told me when he was first diagnosed, and we stayed in touch throughout his illness. I feared the worst when my last two texts to him went unanswered. I told my wife last night, “I should check the AB forums - maybe there’s been an update on his condition there.”

I did not want to find this thread, although I appreciate Doug letting everyone know and seeing all the kind words posted here.

Our last exchange was when his Texans played my Colts in the playoffs, January 5th. This is a gut punch. Just the nicest guy, always fun to talk to, and both a musician and music fan through and through. He really tried to maintain a positive outlook, even when he was in rehab, before he got to go home. I have a few of his albums. I’m rambling because I just found this out.

@TozBourne - miss you, brother 💔

• I didn’t know him personnaly but I wanted to express my deepest condolences to you and his family.Thank you for his bandcamp and YouTube Channel, I will listen to his work.

• I've always thought about someone listening to my music in the future when I'm gone and it comforted me somehow.

I'm very sorry to hear. Rest in peace

• edited February 2019

YOU JUST NEVER KNOW......this is last email he sent me...........................

Fri, Jan 4, 12:38 PM

to me

Hi again.

Yes, I have messed around with various bits of new music composition recently. I got a few new apps via Black Friday, mostly effects, so playing with this is fun, but I have stared some actual songs...not sure if I get far with anything but playing around and starting things is good fo me anyway. I mostly been in GarageBand, and Cubasis.

I’ve got older stuff to work on too...including a symphonic type of piece....been off and on that for a long time now but I’m not giving up on it.

What about You? What else you got going on? I saw you got a new piece of kit!

Later on
    Toz

Me commenting for thread.

Damn. Life is odd.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    YOU JUST NEVER KNOW......this is last email he sent me...........................

Fri, Jan 4, 12:38 PM

to me

Hi again.

Yes, I have messed around with various bits of new music composition recently. I got a few new apps via Black Friday, mostly effects, so playing with this is fun, but I have stared some actual songs...not sure if I get far with anything but playing around and starting things is good fo me anyway. I mostly been in GarageBand, and Cubasis.

I’ve got older stuff to work on too...including a symphonic type of piece....been off and on that for a long time now but I’m not giving up on it.

What about You? What else you got going on? I saw you got a new piece of kit!

Later on
    Toz

Me commenting for thread.

Damn. Life is odd.

Memento mori....