Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ipad Stereo Out

Hey,

I'm using the Ipad stereo out from my ipad into the built line in of my macbook pro. I'd like to know at what sample and bit rate is the ipad sending audio at from the stereo out. Anyone knows this ? Can only seem to find about USB + CCK audio rates.

PS: And just by curiosity, how come my macbook pro's line in, can record in stereo ?

Happy holiday season!

Comments

• Umm, it's audio? Stereo out to line in is analogue, not digital.

• @Iamsaitam iOS devices record mono through the head phone jack because there is only one conductor for recording signals into the device. If you want to record a stereo signal, you will need a USB interface using a CCK through the 30 pin connector or lightening connector for newer devices.

The signals out through the head phone jack are in stereo because there are two conductors for output through the headphone jacks.

The incoming and outgoing signals from the headphone jacks are all analog and are converted into digital signals with analog to digital converters.

The USB interface signals coming in and out are digital with the analog to digital conversion taking place in the interface and/or within the device.

Other options for recording output would be Bluetooth or wifi (e.g. routing sound to an Apple TV connected to other recording equipment).

• MBP Line In is in fact stereo. More, it is also a optical S/PDIF input (as is Line Out) if you use mini-TOS cables or adapters at the MBP end. Even more, the line out in optical mode can convey bitstream 5.1 audio from a DVD to your home theater amp.

• Thanks a bunch! Serious a/d confusion on my part! Got more than needed :)