Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wilsonic update - export scales to Synth One & D1

Just saw this update drop today, and it is super sweet. I have one question:

Once I've exported a scale to D1, how do I change D1's keyboard back to standard 12-tone tuning?

Super cool to see this feature, however. I've been wanting the tuning from Synth One to be added to D1 so this is fantastic.

Comments

• Hi Davey,

I will work with the AudioKit team to add a reset button to D1. Right now your best bet is to TuneUp 12ET using Synth One or Wilsonic. We'll try to release a version with reset as soon as possible.

• also, please see another thread in this forum for a discussion about TuneUp:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/30708/microtonal-nerd-alert?

• Thanks @Daveypoo

Marcus and I will work together to add a scale "reset" button to the next D1 update. 👍

• Cool - I love the ability to export scales, and I found that closing out D1 and restarting it seemed to do the trick, but having direct access inside D1 would solve this once and for all.

Thanks, boys - loving this!

• "my 2019 resolution is to create a #microtonal musical revolution!" - Marcus Hobbs on twitter.

I didn't think I'd enjoy this until I tried it. I assumed it would make my keyboard skills irrelevant but it has actually made me (faux) multi-cultural without mw doing any work at all.

AudioKit is going to spawn a wealth of microtonal tools.

Once they get a stable AUv3 framework look out.

• @McDtracy said:
    "my 2019 resolution is to create a #microtonal musical revolution!" - Marcus Hobbs on twitter.

I didn't think I'd enjoy this until I tried it. I assumed it would make my keyboard skills irrelevant but it has actually made me (faux) multi-cultural without mw doing any work at all.

I've not fully dived into D1 for that exact reason - waiting for full AUv3.

• @Daveypoo said:

@McDtracy said:
    "my 2019 resolution is to create a #microtonal musical revolution!" - Marcus Hobbs on twitter.

Standing here on the corner and waiting with my syringe full of NS2 I am going to pile on at every opportunity. Early and often and yes please, please...

• @Daveypoo said:

@McDtracy said:

Don't wait. There's a lot to do to get ready for the inevitable. It will just be an update (I expect). Not that I would begrudge Matt asking for additional income. You really need to hear these world scales and see how they handle they keyboard for input.

Of course, if your living in NS2 then I get it. So, many apps and so little time. No wasted cycles.

• Oh, I OWN it, just haven't spent as much time with it as I will inevitably down the road. 😉

• I have about 40 Apps that I "just haven't spent as much time with it as I will inevitably down the road." 😉 But (so far) flat tires, detours, car re-possessions, alien abductions... you know life gets in the way.

I really need to buy something. Bored.

• edited January 2019

I've been experimenting with these crazy tunings. They're fun and interesting, but what can I DO with them other than name drop them and act arty because I 'use' them. I'm only being half-facetious, because it is a new world to me but not necessarily a pleasing one.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I've been experimenting with these crazy tunings. They're fun and interesting, but what can I DO with them other than name drop them and act arty because I 'use' them. I'm only being half-facetious, because it is a new world to me but not necessarily a pleasing one.

I think you want to use one to convey a simple message:

"I don't think we're in Kansas anymore Toto."

Play step wise scales and you'll sound exotic.
    Maybe driven by PolyHarp which lets you strum the scales like an auto-harp.

Just my 2 cents... different is good.