Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

One Finger Orchestra using a Streambyter script for the Chords

2»

Comments

• Holy. Cow. This kind of just blew my mind! :lol: (Well done!!)

I'm actually an avid fan of music theory especially harmony, and, well, I've been going a little nuts with MIDI this year... There's no fighting it. It will be my destiny to create something truly sick with StreamByter someday... Welp, that settles it then. Time to join the SB forum and learn the language.

• @cnsg_music said:
    Holy. Cow. This kind of just blew my mind! :lol: (Well done!!)

I'm actually an avid fan of music theory especially harmony, and, well, I've been going a little nuts with MIDI this year... There's no fighting it. It will be my destiny to create something truly sick with StreamByter someday... Welp, that settles it then. Time to join the SB forum and learn the language.

It was thrilling when it started to accept single notes and produce chords. And humbling when _Ki and Nic produced versions with about 10% of the typing that did exactly the same thing. But my approach is to make something simple and iterate adding extra features.

My first SB script was intended to reverse the polarity on a keyboards non-standard sustain pedal.

The hard part is remembering that Channels, CC's, Notes and such are all written in Hexdecimal.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F

And StreamByter makes you constantly convert Decimal numbers to Hex values. Midi Channel 1 is Hex 0... another silly computer-ism. The first element of any array is the "zero-ith" slot.

I got an iRig Blueboard it can send Program Change numbers. Soft Drummer wants to see PC=13 but the Blueboard Controller app doesn't start counting at Zero. Its starts at 1 so PC=13 to Soft Drummer is PC=14 to the Blueboard App.

If we start a small group of newbies we can advance together towards competancy by looking at each others code. So, Ki and Nic can spend more time without having to teach everyone the Basics of Computer Science.

I'm sure most here could care less and won't want to soend hours to get something to do what so Apps already do but if you like puzzles. These are real brain teasers and for me helps keep the brain active if not fully functional.

• edited January 2019

EDIT: I posted on the wrong thread.