ToneBridge app tips

edited January 9 in App Tips and Tricks

So, I’m trying very hard to like this app because I like the sound. I mean, it is limited as far as effects are concerned but I find the overall sound pretty decent.

I can’t say the same about the interface. Whether I create a new pedalboard or favourite something I’ve just created I cannot easily find it afterwards. Especially when I open the app as an AU. I couldn’t find presets in AU mode but I found the create your own preset button only that it is at the bottom of the search list and it is impossible to press it as it springs back down! What a mess. Is it me or the Machine is more crazy?!

Any TB experts out there? Tutorial videos?

Comments

  • Mmm, it's pretty empty in here.

    Does it really mean that the only AUV3 guitar effect app on ios has no core of avid and knowledgeable users?

  • @supadom said:
    Mmm, it's pretty empty in here.

    Does it really mean that the only AUV3 guitar effect app on ios has no core of avid and knowledgeable users?

    It's a bit like GarageBand. A great free option that most of us here just don't use. It's often better to just start with one question rather than ask for videos which are easy to find if they exist and hard if they don't.

    Do you seek a particular use case? Many here like to answer questions and will just test your use case and reply but to ask for
    "search" advice doesn't get many excited.

  • Hi, Tonebridge is essentially and app called AmpKit +. It was the first amp sim I ever bought and remains one of the best sounding there is with only Bias Fx and Bias Amp a close second with Tone stack a tie for second. I lobe and still use Ampkit but it is uttrely unsupported. For some reason I don’t mind the fact that something I paid quite a lot for is now free. The single biggest obstcle as an AUv3 is the interface. It is intended to be used with the online service that secured the rights to it. If using it in Stagelight getting to your patches is almost impossible and you can’t change up pedla on the fly. The best you can do is get your basic amp sound and use effects in Stagelight.

    Tonebridge and ampkit are stereo effects and you can string a ton of pedals together in Ampkit.

    Here’s a video I did to point out a possible bug in Stgelight with Tonebridge.

  • edited January 9

    @McDtracy said:

    @supadom said:
    Mmm, it's pretty empty in here.

    Does it really mean that the only AUV3 guitar effect app on ios has no core of avid and knowledgeable users?

    It's a bit like GarageBand. A great free option that most of us here just don't use. It's often better to just start with one question rather than ask for videos which are easy to find if they exist and hard if they don't.

    Do you seek a particular use case? Many here like to answer questions and will just test your use case and reply but to ask for
    "search" advice doesn't get many excited.

    Thanks captain, a long time forum veteran here. Appreciate your response though.

    The app sounds good to my ears it’s just it is a bit rough around the edges, especially within an AU host like AUM or AB.

    My precise, and only question is in the OP: I cannot find the way to save the presets I’ve saved in standalone in the AUV3 version. So I’m trying to ascertain whether there actually IS a way of saving them.

    I have a feeling you might be wrong thinking that not many of ‘you here’ use this app.

    May I ask what is the worthy guitar app you are using?

  • Thanks @AmpApps

    Ampkit use to be my first ‘proper’ iOS guitar app. I’ve used it a lot until ToneStack came out.

    I’m making some effort researching it because I’m trying to replace most of my IAA apps with AUV3 equivalents but looks like I might have to watch this space until either TB folks improve preset handling or some other developer jumps on the wagon.

    Thanks for the answer. I’ll check out the video.

  • Ok, I admit this app forces me to get all wonky, but I have a way to sort of easily find tones and create presets in AUM. It seems to work OK in apeMatrix, but in AB3 there are no presets for some strange reason. You have to make presets in each host, too. They don’t see the presets from the other hosts.

    So, what I do is open the standalone version, then I browse and load any preset, favorite, or element of a pedal board that I want to use in the AU version.
    Close once you are done rounding up all the tones you want to use (just by browsing and loading them, one after the other).
    Now, open the AU version, and hit the search button. All of the tones you just browsed should be near the top of the history. You have to load one at a time, then save the preset in the hosts interface.

    Redundantly lame, but eh, it works.

  • I found that ToneBridge patches that are stereo in the standalone version are mono when used as an AUv3. Cubasis and Auria.

  • @CracklePot said:
    Ok, I admit this app forces me to get all wonky, but I have a way to sort of easily find tones and create presets in AUM. It seems to work OK in apeMatrix, but in AB3 there are no presets for some strange reason. You have to make presets in each host, too. They don’t see the presets from the other hosts.

    So, what I do is open the standalone version, then I browse and load any preset, favorite, or element of a pedal board that I want to use in the AU version.
    Close once you are done rounding up all the tones you want to use (just by browsing and loading them, one after the other).
    Now, open the AU version, and hit the search button. All of the tones you just browsed should be near the top of the history. You have to load one at a time, then save the preset in the hosts interface.

    Redundantly lame, but eh, it works.

    Yes, audiobus is still to get user presets. When it does it will complete my personal wish list.

    Neat, exactly what I was looking for. I'll try it later. Thanks @CraclePot

  • @bigcatrik said:
    I found that ToneBridge patches that are stereo in the standalone version are mono when used as an AUv3. Cubasis and Auria.

    I don't use either but could it be that the track you're on is mono?

  • @CracklePot I’ve just tried it but the AUV doesn’t retain the other effects, just the amp and speaker emulation as far as I can tell. When I open the ‘recent’ with spring reverb the reverb is not there. Does it work for you?

  • See... Tonebridge was bought by the Ultimate Guitar Tabs folks so getting it changed might take a while. So it’s a free app that drives you crazy. Go figure. I’m buying so many great AU FX apps that I might forgo the use of an Amp Sim but my fav is Tone Stack.

    I go guitar crazy every few years and I max’ed out Tone Stack and was using those FX until I stocked up on all the great sale FX to cover most areas of FX and now FX are becoming dynamic auto-knob twisters beyond what a pedal might offer for sound design.

    REAMP into a great IR Reverb will probably cover my needs but I have a lot to play with.
    JamUp Pro is also great tone for my tastes. I tired of AmpliTube’s sound.

    I’m glad you got some feedback to your question.

  • edited January 9

    @McDtracy said:
    See...So it’s a free app that drives you crazy. Go figure.

    I don’t see how it is unreasonable to expect any app to work or have a fairly straight forward, useable interface. In fact I think it is suicidal for a company to put out a product (free or otherwise) that drives people nuts. It is wasted development time and wasted company image building opportunity if people get frustrated by their product and start seeing the brand as flaky as a result.

    I grant you that there is a possibility that I’m the only one having issues with it.

    I’ve been using TS for a while now and really appreciate having so much under one hood. The route of using different separate AU apps to build a guitar patch wouldn’t work for me as I need to switch presets at a press of a button and still don’t trust App’s stability to continuously switch the preset for the whole aum session. Call me paranoid. ;)

  • @supadom said:
    @CracklePot I’ve just tried it but the AUV doesn’t retain the other effects, just the amp and speaker emulation as far as I can tell. When I open the ‘recent’ with spring reverb the reverb is not there. Does it work for you?

    You have to build the preset from scratch in the workshop, in the standalone. I couldn’t figure out how to start from an existing preset, but it is pretty easy to remember which components make it up and load those in, swapping out any components you wanted to change. Then just match the settings as best you can. Save this new, custom preset with a unique name.
    If you browse your custom presets in the workshop, they will appear in the history list when you use the search function in the AU, like the regular presets in their catalog, or your favorites and pedalboards.

  • edited January 9

    @supadom said:

    @bigcatrik said:
    I found that ToneBridge patches that are stereo in the standalone version are mono when used as an AUv3. Cubasis and Auria.

    I don't use either but could it be that the track you're on is mono?

    The signal from Tonebridge is mono in Auria on a stereo or mono audio track. Cubasis just has one type of audio track. I like the "make stereo" options in Auria, though, so it may have become a moot issue (for me, at least; it really should work).

Sign In or Register to comment.