Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

mitosynth.... more than meets the eye

Wow, I didn't realize how deep this synth could go!
Shout out to @Spidericemidas for showing me how amazing this synth is and some guidance on creating patches.

If you haven't considered this synth deff think about it!

You can make some really amazing evolving patches with samples from your fav synths/field recordings, wave forms, anything you can think of...

It's all about the wave chamber!!

It is not auv3 but I don't care rn cuz is that amazing, and it's universal! I do hope the dev has plans to keep this synth up and running for a long time!

Mitosynth by Wooji Juice Ltd

Read this from their website, and deff read the manual it'll help you a lot!

https://www.wooji-juice.com/products/mitosynth/in-depth

Comments

• good point in time to remind on Mitosynth - it covers quite some of the terrain the Synclavier claimed as it's very own domain.
    The programming approach is very different, but not the result on output. Imho.

• @reasOne Oh yer!! Mitosynth is still an awesome app, especially for huge evolving pads, soundscaping and cinematic stuff.
    Being able to import your own audio for blending into the sounds, gives possibilities limited only by your imagination for sound design. Importing natural sounds from field recordings, gives things a really unique organic vibe. I’m loving it!!
    I’ll be dropping a mystical meditative bank of presets for it soon! ✌️😉

• Great layout for iPhone too.

• @Spidericemidas said:

Takes a deep breath, puts self on pause.... :)

• edited January 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Spidericemidas said:

Takes a deep breath, puts self on pause.... :)

Woah! This is amazing news! Maybe we should let Wooji juice man know huch much we world appreciate an AU overhaul! Mito is Mighty! With Magellan and Animoog still one of the best oldie but Goldie 💪🏼

• This was the first synth I got that made me say whoa on iOS (I hadn't bought Animoog yet). Around 2014 or so, I'd say. Gonna fire it up for the first time in a while thanks to this thread.

• Would definitely love to see Mito get some AUv3 love.

• I've heard a little sneak peak of the sound bank he's creating and I gotta tell you, we are blessed to get to these patches!!! They really show off the power and flexibility of mitosynth and a peek into a great sound designer's mind! Hehe...absolutely can't wait, it's inspired me to create a bank to share as well 📡

• edited January 2019

I am going to email the dev today and tell him how much I enjoy this creation and ask about future plans! Hoping to hear good news!!!!

Deff @oat_phipps it gives you that woah when you dive in, I take the presets that it came with and I found a great pack online, and then swap the samples of those presets out with my own, the effects chain and modulation of the presets on my own sounds makes it fast to get going and shows me how other people use the morph power to create

but it is really fun to start from init and just see what happens 🔮

• @reasOne said:
    I've heard a little sneak peak of the sound bank he's creating and I gotta tell you, we are blessed to get to these patches!!! They really show off the power and flexibility of mitosynth and a peek into a great sound designer's mind! Hehe...absolutely can't wait, it's inspired me to create a bank to share as well 📡

Haha, cheers! Putting a lot into this one! Hope you’ll be dropping a bank for it soon too! Mito definitely deserves more attention.

• @Tarekith said:
    Great layout for iPhone too.

Deff! For an iPhone app it is really nice to navigate, especially on the xs max

• edited January 2019

The previous oldie app Grain Science is great too. Letting peeps know since we’re getting all nostalgic. :)
    Also for the phone.

• @audiblevideo said:
    The previous oldie app Grain Science is great too. Letting peeps know since we’re getting all nostalgic. :)
    Also for the phone.

Love Grain Science too! Good call!

• Probably my most used synth.
    It definitely needs more love from others.

• @reasOne said:

Agreed. Mito gives me the control to get exactly what I had in mind for a sound, but also it’s so flexible and user friendly for having those “eureka!” moments of happy accidents.

• @audiblevideo said:
    Also for the phone.

Appsolutely!

• One of the last apps on my 2 year old wishlist, along with Nave and Samplr.
    Apparently, all 3 of these apps are old, not updated recently, but work fine still.
    Now I just need mo’ money.

• @CracklePot said:
    One of the last apps on my 2 year old wishlist, along with Nave and Samplr.
    Apparently, all 3 of these apps are old, not updated recently, but work fine still.
    Now I just need mo’ money.

Man those are all must haves....
    Grab mitosynth first tho, you can really get wild with it, samplr is a fav but I'd grab mitosynth first honestly

• @Spidericemidas said:

@reasOne said:

Agreed. Mito gives me the control to get exactly what I had in mind for a sound, but also it’s so flexible and user friendly for having those “eureka!” moments of happy accidents.

Eureka moments all day!

• @Spidericemidas said:

@reasOne said:
    I've heard a little sneak peak of the sound bank he's creating and I gotta tell you, we are blessed to get to these patches!!! They really show off the power and flexibility of mitosynth and a peek into a great sound designer's mind! Hehe...absolutely can't wait, it's inspired me to create a bank to share as well 📡

Haha, cheers! Putting a lot into this one! Hope you’ll be dropping a bank for it soon too! Mito definitely deserves more attention.

We are deeply blessed to have such knob-magicians and sound designers like @Spidericemidas in our community! And i would call and shout out for Brice and redskylullaby also! (I probably have forgotten many, Boy I wish I could turn the knobs that way!!!)

Thank you Spider-Man!!! We deeply appreciate your love!

I will send my call to the dev

• My top five favorite. Love this thing.

• @david_2017 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@reasOne said:

We are deeply blessed to have such knob-magicians and sound designers like @Spidericemidas in our community! And i would call and shout out for Brice and redskylullaby also! (I probably have forgotten many, Boy I wish I could turn the knobs that way!!!)

Yes we are!!
    I would love to see everyone that has time create a couple patches for this synth! Resurrect it and let it's power be seen!!
    I'll deff be dropping some patches with you guys

• @Morgman73 said:
    My top five favorite. Love this thing.

Although I just got it, I deff rate it top 10 !

• @david_2017 said:

@brice @RedSkyLullaby @reasOne Absolutely! Brice and RedSky are a total inspiration to me. Cheers!

• @reasOne said:

I would love to see everyone that has time create a couple patches for this synth! Resurrect it and let it's power be seen!!

It would be awesome if we could have a Forum sound design fest for Mitosynth! Would love to hear what other users are doing with it.

• It never made click for me but I highly enjoyed the sounds others came up with 👊🏼😎

• @Spidericemidas said:

@reasOne said:

It would be awesome if we could have a Forum sound design fest for Mitosynth! Would love to hear what other users are doing with it.

Oh deff! Maybe @Fruitbat1919 would be down to soundfest this !

• @david_2017 said:
    It never made click for me but I highly enjoyed the sounds others came up with 👊🏼😎

I was really confused by it, but actually it's quit simple at its core to grasp how it works! You can go deep or touch the surface and get killer sounds both ways, u know I'll help you if you got any questions

• @reasOne said:

@david_2017 said:
    It never made click for me but I highly enjoyed the sounds others came up with 👊🏼😎

I was really confused by it, but actually it's quit simple at its core to grasp how it works! You can go deep or touch the surface and get killer sounds both ways, u know I'll help you if you got any questions

Yeah, initially I had to do something I don’t usually have to do, and that was to consult the user manual. Lol. But it’s a well written and friendly manual, and you don’t have to read too far into it to grasp the basic operations to get started, and these will give you interesting and amazing results right away, and inspire you to dig further into it.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@reasOne said:

@david_2017 said:

Yeah, initially I had to do something I don’t usually have to do, and that was to consult the user manual. Lol. But it’s a well written and friendly manual, and you don’t have to read too far into it to grasp the basic operations to get started, and these will give you interesting and amazing results right away, and inspire you to dig further into it.

Ya their manual is really well written and kinda funny at some points! They did a great job keeping my interest and explaining how it works, ... But without your help I don't think I would have fully understood what to do! So much thanks for that!