Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mass hack attack on german politicians

2»

Comments

• Last news from science: Everything that exists is fields. Like the electromagnetic field, the Higgs field...
    So it makes no point to talk about us animals having a meaning of life. We’re made of stardust.
    I share the same atoms as a stone, but I’m alive. I find nothing strange in that. And I love my neighbor without needing a god as a reason for my love. It’s a chemical process in my brain which does me good.
    I could have chosen to be evil. But my brain is more likely to do good deeds than bad. I’m a lucky animal to be born this way. Arf! Arf! Oooooooooooo 🐺 🌓

• edited January 2019

@J33Z said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@J33Z said:

@Max23 said:
    cough, well that was mean, looks like you dont understand existentialism

i> @J33Z said:

That you are both, mindless and desperate ;)

I didnt mean to insult you, and if i did, i beg your pardon. English is not my mothers tongue. The word mindless isnt exactly the same as the word geistlos, which was on my mind. It may translate to shallow or vacuous.

Lol. Loads better...

Well, it is shallow, to say the reason for your existence is that your parents had sex, dont you think? Beside that, that wasnt really my question. I asked why he should exist, when he knows that he is going to die. What would be the meaning of his life? To pass on his genome? Every one of us will be forgotten in a few decades. We do not live on in our children. There is no solace to be found in that. If that would be enough for you, you really are mindless. Maybe happy for a time, but only when you are lucky enough not to lose your loved ones or your own health. The question why we should exist can only be answered by an absolute power that wants us to exist. And to say that religious people are nuts is shallow at best.

People aren’t nuts because they’re religious. That’s putting the cart before the horse...
    Anyway, I believe religion is one of the forbidden topics here, so I’ll leave it at that...

• edited January 2019

@Kühl said:
    Last news from science: Everything that exists is fields. Like the electromagnetic field, the Higgs field...
    So it makes no point to talk about us animals having a meaning of life. We’re made of stardust.
    I share the same atoms as a stone, but I’m alive. I find nothing strange in that. And I love my neighbor without needing a god as a reason for my love. It’s a chemical process in my brain which does me good.
    I could have chosen to be evil. But my brain is more likely to do good deeds than bad. I’m a lucky animal to be born this way. Arf! Arf! Oooooooooooo 🐺 🌓

If it werent for the idea of god, all that would be very strange to me, and quite absurd at that. I do not mean to say that we exist because a god created the universe and all in it, or even in a perfect state. Its not perfect. I am not a creationist. I cannot tell why the universe came into existence or if. That cannot and should not be answered by religion, but by science. There are theories like the quantum vacuum theory, which suggests, that the universe could have come into existence multiple times. Multiverses. An ongoing process.
    But think about that. What if you were born in your neighboors house, who is a rapist or just a violent guy. It would not be your choice, that you would become a kind and loving person. Take a look around, im sure you will find lots of examples. A lot of people had less luck with their parents.

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@J33Z said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@J33Z said:

@Max23 said:

i> @J33Z said:

I didnt mean to insult you, and if i did, i beg your pardon. English is not my mothers tongue. The word mindless isnt exactly the same as the word geistlos, which was on my mind. It may translate to shallow or vacuous.

Lol. Loads better...

Well, it is shallow, to say the reason for your existence is that your parents had sex, dont you think? Beside that, that wasnt really my question. I asked why he should exist, when he knows that he is going to die. What would be the meaning of his life? To pass on his genome? Every one of us will be forgotten in a few decades. We do not live on in our children. There is no solace to be found in that. If that would be enough for you, you really are mindless. Maybe happy for a time, but only when you are lucky enough not to lose your loved ones or your own health. The question why we should exist can only be answered by an absolute power that wants us to exist. And to say that religious people are nuts is shallow at best.

People aren’t nuts because they’re religious. That’s putting the cart before the horse...
    Anyway, I believe religion is one of the forbidden topics here, so I’ll leave it at that...

Its shallow no matter which way you put it. And to overlook my other statements with the excuse that there‘s no freedom of speech here is like the dogmatic beliefs of religiously motivated groups or other power structures, that forbid you under the threat of punishment by whomever to do this and that. Its weak.
    But it really is off topic in this thread, so whoever wants to go on with this discussion should open a new one.

• edited January 2019

Here is a great poem by Goethe, in which he revolts against those power structures. With this we can tie in with the topic that AndyPlankton startet (english translation below):

Prometheus

Bedecke deinen Himmel, Zeus,
    Mit Wolkendunst,
    Und übe, dem Knaben gleich,
    Der Disteln köpft,
    An Eichen dich und Bergeshöhn;
    Musst mir meine Erde
    Doch lassen stehn
    Und meine Hütte, die du nicht gebaut,
    Und meinen Herd,
    Um dessen Glut
    Du mich beneidest.

Ich kenne nichts Ärmeres
    Unter der Sonn' als euch, Götter!
    Ihr nähret kümmerlich
    Von Opfersteuern
    Und Gebetshauch
    Eure Majestät,
    Und darbtet, wären
    Nicht Kinder und Bettler
    Hoffnungsvolle Toren.

Da ich ein Kind war,
    Nicht wusste, wo aus noch ein,
    Kehrt' ich mein verirrtes Auge
    Zur Sonne, als wenn drüber wär'
    Ein Ohr, zu hören meine Klage,
    Ein Herz, wie mein's,
    Sich des Bedrängten zu erbarmen.

Wer half mir
    Wider der Titanen Übermut?
    Wer rettete vom Tode mich,
    Von Sklaverei?
    Hast du nicht alles selbst vollendet,
    Heilig glühend Herz?
    Und glühtest jung und gut,
    Betrogen, Rettungsdank
    Dem Schlafenden da droben?

Ich dich ehren? Wofür?
    Hast du die Schmerzen gelindert
    Je des Beladenen?
    Hast du die Tränen gestillet
    Je des Geängsteten?
    Hat nicht mich zum Manne geschmiedet
    Die allmächtige Zeit
    Und das ewige Schicksal,
    Meine Herrn und deine?

Wähntest du etwa,
    Ich sollte das Leben hassen,
    In Wüsten fliehen,
    Weil nicht alle
    Blütenträume reiften?

Hier sitz' ich, forme Menschen
    Nach meinem Bilde,
    Ein Geschlecht, das mir gleich sei,
    Zu leiden, zu weinen,
    Zu genießen und zu freuen sich,
    Und dein nicht zu achten,
    Wie ich!

Prometheus

Cover thy spacious heavens, Zeus,
    With clouds of mist,
    And like the boy who lops
    The thistles' heads,
    Disport with oaks and mountain-peaks;
    Yet thou must leave
    My earth still standing;
    My cottage, too, which was not raised by thee;
    Leave me my hearth,
    Whose kindly glow
    By thee is envied.

I know nought poorer
    Under the sun, than ye gods!
    Ye nourish painfully,
    With sacrifices
    And votive prayers,
    Your majesty;
    Ye would e'en starve,
    If children and beggars
    Were not trusting fools.

While yet a child,
    And ignorant of life,
    I turned my wandering gaze
    Up toward the sun, as if with him
    There were an ear to hear my wailings,
    A heart, like mine,
    To feel compassion for distress.

Who helped me
    Against the Titans' insolence?
    Who rescued me from certain death,
    From slavery?
    Didst thou not do all this thyself,
    My sacred glowing heart?
    And glowedst, young and good,
    Deceived with grateful thanks
    To yonder slumbering one?

I honour thee, and why?
    Hast thou e'er lightened the sorrows
    Of the heavy laden?
    Hast thou e'er dried up the tears
    Of the anguish-stricken?
    Was I not fashioned to be a man
    By omnipotent Time,
    And by eternal Fate,
    Masters of me and thee?

Didst thou e'er fancy
    That life I should learn to hate,
    And fly to deserts,
    Because not all
    My blossoming dreams grew ripe?

Here sit I, forming mortals
    After my image;
    A race resembling me,
    To suffer, to weep,
    To enjoy, to be glad,
    And thee to scorn,
    As I!

• Great song. Soothing tune and meaningful lyrics

@simonnowis said:

• @J33Z said:

Its shallow no matter which way you put it. And to overlook my other statements with the excuse that there‘s no freedom of speech here is like the dogmatic beliefs of religiously motivated groups or other power structures, that forbid you under the threat of punishment by whomever to do this and that. Its weak.

I overlooked your other statements because I’m not very interested in having the conversation, certainly not enough to ignore the wishes of the guys who set up the forum. You’re welcome to your views, as are the others who commented, I’m just not under any obligation to discuss them in depth. That’s choice, not dogma.

• @J33Z thanx for Goethe in his original language, I needed that.
    Strange to think of the oak he used to sit under (or was that Schiller?)
    It became the center of a Concentration Camp. Was it Buchenwald?
    It doesn’t matter... it’s just the irony of shifting generations

• @J33Z :) it always Lightens me when it comes around by "chance"

and thanks for the Leonard Cohen link - not one of his i knew well :)

• edited January 2019

@Kühl I didnt know that story. I looked it up and its true. Goethe used to visit the Ettersberg often. The prisoners of Buchenwald used to call the oak Goethe-Oak. It was damaged during the bombardements in 1944. Whats left today is only the stump.

• edited January 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2019

@Max23 said:

@J33Z said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@J33Z said:

@Max23 said:

i> @J33Z said:

Lol. Loads better...

meaning of life?
    thats the wrong question, there is no answer to that, so its what ever you want it to be, I guess.
    nebenbei diese geistlose person spricht fließend deutsch
    I never said anything about children. I don't have any. And I dont want that. But I am Child of my parents, doesn't look superficial to me.
    ich bin schwul, guten morgen. ;)

Yes, thats it. What you want it to be.
    Guten Morgen :smile:

• @J33Z said:
    @Kühl I didnt know that story. I looked it up and its true. Goethe used to visit the Ettersberg often. The prisoners of Buchenwald used to call the oak Goethe-Oak. It was damaged during the bombardements in 1944. Whats left today is only the stump.

Thanks for looking it up. I wasn’t sure where I had it from, I just have a very sticky brain that’s pestering me with remembering much too many details. It’s a very compelling story. It has many layers of irony imo

• @Max23 said:

@J33Z said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@J33Z said:

@Max23 said:

i> @J33Z said:

Lol. Loads better...

meaning of life?
    thats the wrong question, there is no answer to that, so its what ever you want it to be, I guess.
    nebenbei diese geistlose person spricht fließend deutsch
    I never said anything about children. I don't have any. And I dont want that. But I am Child of my parents, doesn't look superficial to me.
    ich bin schwul, guten morgen. ;)

Hugs 🤗 Max und guten Abend ;)

• I want to share with you a lecture, which was held at the ETH Zürich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology). Its about fear and anxiety and connects with what @kobamoto already said about the insecurities of humans.