Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EZAudioCut(MT)-Audio Editor from li longgang

Comments

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    I've been on an ios hunt as of late for something similar to now defunct Peak on a computer. ...
    Sorry for the off-topic guys.

Count me in... looking for at least a somewhat similiar 'follow-up'.
    To me it's a total mystery that none of the IOS developers borroughed on Peaks conceptual design, considering most of them (might) have some Mac background.
    The company is out of business, but you still can buy an unsupported version of Peak - due to never ending requests.

• @ruomu said:
    I am the developer of EZAudioCut(MT).

Welcome and thanks for sharing more info about your app.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    How is this the same and different from ferrite? I’m curious.

according to screenshot you can have several 'projects' open in graphic mode, while in Ferrite you have to import them by file name selection.
    Not shure about file hierarchy, which is flat in Ferrite and becomes annoying with increasing number of projects.
    EZAudioCut draws automation into the waveform, Ferrite has a curve track for each automated parameter. But it cannot show/hide selectively, either all or no automation is visible.
    Ferrite supports region markers, but those can be entered only during recording, not when editing the audio.
    It's still the most capable in IOS for cut/edit tasks and some of it's 'flaws' can be worked around with few efforts.
    (f.e. it doesn't loop, but can jump back to previous region starts on a tap, or you can use the playhead marker line to adjust a part of track 4 to a certain point on track 1, etc)

• Here share 5 Appstore redemption code.
    You can download it for free.

6F4A9M3MTL7J
    J3ME46LYN374
    YHHRHPL77T4H
    LEP9JT37R94Y
    YTKALKL77449

• Nice! Got YTKALKL77449

Many thanks!! Will give it a good run through.

• I got 6F4A9M3MTL7J
    Thanks!

• A great iOS standalone wave editor doesn't need to be limited to just one: I'd love to hear from any iPad users of both how EZAudioCut(MT) compares to TwistedWave in use.

• I’m currently a twisted wave user and will let you know what I find.

• @1nsomniak said:
    I’m currently a twisted wave user and will let you know what I find.

Excellent.

• @ruomu said:
    Here share 5 Appstore redemption code.

6F4A9M3MTL7J
    J3ME46LYN374
    YHHRHPL77T4H
    LEP9JT37R94Y
    YTKALKL77449

that was very generous.. unfortunately it didn’t give the europeans a chance, they were all tucked up in bed :)

• @RockySmalls said:

@ruomu said:
    Here share 5 Appstore redemption code.

6F4A9M3MTL7J
    J3ME46LYN374
    YHHRHPL77T4H
    LEP9JT37R94Y
    YTKALKL77449

that was very generous.. unfortunately it didn’t give the europeans a chance, they were all tucked up in bed :)

Likewise :(

• What’s the verdict, is this the audio editor we have all been waiting for?

• Screenshots and Appstore description allow only guessing about hidden gems.
    What's presented is more or less bread and butter stuff that's already covered elsewhere.
    High precision editing is mentioned, but nowhere shown.
    It may import/export multiple files (if that's meant by 'chains') as a convenience feature and there's an audio from video extraction function.
    No indication for markers, guides, region lists etc.

• edited January 2019

@Proppa said:
    A great iOS standalone wave editor doesn't need to be limited to just one: I'd love to hear from any iPad users of both how EZAudioCut(MT) compares to TwistedWave in use.

I use TwistedWave regularly for anything that requires precise waveform editing and level control - the meters are top notch and the display zoom is second to none under IOS.
    Even if it's single track only, the thing is so instantanous that I often send from Audioshare, edit and send back.

Needs a tiny bit of practice to handle the zoom in/out by swipe up/down.
    If the finger is left of the playhead, the waveform is enlarged to the right.
    With swiping finger right of the playhead enlarging goes to the left, so in each case the playhead position remains visible.
    (it's the closest thing to my preferred 'click - mousewheel up/down' action on desktop where the playhead positon stays centered on screen while zooming)

If you start dragging from playhead to select, the region gets extra areas at the bottom borders from which to expand/shrink the current selection.
    Swipe up/down zooming is available simultanously.
    The edit operations are really (!) smart, imho a must-have even if it's not your main arrangement tool.

• five more.

44XHMNWHRL3J
    M9AXKM4RE6NP
    RYK4FW6Y9HAM
    JLR4JPKKJWAM
    ANNYM9F4AWLT

• Thank you, I got 44XHMNWHRL3J 😊👍

• @Telefunky said:
    Screenshots and Appstore description allow only guessing about hidden gems.
    What's presented is more or less bread and butter stuff that's already covered elsewhere.
    High precision editing is mentioned, but nowhere shown.
    It may import/export multiple files (if that's meant by 'chains') as a convenience feature and there's an audio from video extraction function.
    No indication for markers, guides, region lists etc.

In the current version, there is no point feature yet. Because it is a universal design for iPhone and iOS, it strives to be streamlined. In the multi-track mode, there is no selection range, and there are functions such as selection range and volume point adjustment in the single track. The multitrack mode is primarily based on the arrangement of the audio. The single-track mode is designed for more precise single-block editing, and can be used for audio editing of audio within range.

• JLR4JPKKJWAM
    got that one... many thanks @Ruomu will give it a run through and get back to you, I like the concept a lot..
    & thanks to Mr Plankton for giving me the heads up..

• Damnit!
    Too slow, again!
    :D

• @Telefunky said:

@Proppa said:
    A great iOS standalone wave editor doesn't need to be limited to just one: I'd love to hear from any iPad users of both how EZAudioCut(MT) compares to TwistedWave in use.

I use TwistedWave regularly for anything that requires precise waveform editing and level control - the meters are top notch and the display zoom is second to none under IOS.
    Even if it's single track only, the thing is so instantanous that I often send from Audioshare, edit and send back.

Needs a tiny bit of practice to handle the zoom in/out by swipe up/down.
    If the finger is left of the playhead, the waveform is enlarged to the right.
    With swiping finger right of the playhead enlarging goes to the left, so in each case the playhead position remains visible.
    (it's the closest thing to my preferred 'click - mousewheel up/down' action on desktop where the playhead positon stays centered on screen while zooming)

If you start dragging from playhead to select, the region gets extra areas at the bottom borders from which to expand/shrink the current selection.
    Swipe up/down zooming is available simultanously.
    The edit operations are really (!) smart, imho a must-have even if it's not your main arrangement tool.

Thanks @Telefunky and just to be sure: you're speaking about TwistedWave above, right?
    I appreciate the use description and also use (and love) TwistedWave while also being interested in an additional wave editor as the slightest of UI differences can mean the world in practice.

If EZAudioCut can zoom as finely as TwistedWave and offers anything additional I think it'd earn a place on my (and many) iPads.

• Yes, it was about particular strong points of TwistedWave.
    Which imho features the leading edge in graphic waveform handling, a highly optimized piece of custom code.
    All other IOS audio editors I know either loose the zero line in high zoom (Auria, Audio Evolution), or they cheat and simply stop zooming before that point is reached.
    Such high display resolution isn't necessarily required - it's much more important that touch response is smooth, yet not too sensitive.
    There are significant variations between different apps (not restricted to audio editors).

But it would be nice if @ruomu provided some more details about the operation of his app.
    As already mentioned possible advantages aren't clear from the appstore description.

• Seriously considering getting the 'non multi-track' version (EZAudioCut - Audio Editor $2.99 one).

I'm kinda annoyed that every time I edit audio in TwistedWave it creates a 'project' and the audio needs to be exported out same deal with Hokusai.

I could live with the editing capabilities of AudioCopy.app but it doesn't edit 'stereo' and is 'locked' to 44.1 16-bit.
    (If/when it gets Files.app support and expanded rate/depth and stereo support it will be a serious contender).

This EZAudioCut thing seems be more suited for quick open, edit & save operations without leaving 'slack' behind once the file is closed/exported?

I have my eyes on yet another editor (Lexis Audio Editor) which is 'free' with IAP for MP3 export but is limited to 44.1K 16-Bit.

So my few questions to @roumu are...

• What sample-rates are supported?
    • What bit-depths are support?(16,24 & 32?).
    • Does the Non Multi-Track version support Stereo files?
    • Does the 'recorder' support input selection when using interfaces that have more inputs?
    • Can the incoming audio be monitored during recording?
    • What kind if 'ruler & grid' options are available? (Time, Samples, Bar/Beat Divisions with an option to 'snap' the selection? This would require manual entry of length and BPM but still).

Thanks in advance :)

• A few other 'question' that struck me were...

Does EZAudioCut allow us to use/set 'markers' or 'loop points'?

This could be handy for setting loop points for instrument samples together with bpm and other meta-data.
    (Some apps use 'markers' as 'slice' points so it's another plus if there is such a feature).

Also is there any kind of 'zero snap'? If there is can it optionally be turned off for true sample-accurate editing?
    Is it possible to 'draw' on the wave-form? (to manually remove clicks etc.).

• @Samu said:

• Does the 'recorder' support input selection when using interfaces that have more inputs?
    • What kind if 'ruler & grid' options are available? (Time, Samples, Bar/Beat Divisions with an option to 'snap' the selection? This would require manual entry of length and BPM but still).

I'm also interested in each of these questions as well as the point about 'zero snap' and the ability to turn it off (this is a problem in the iOS version of TwistedWave).

Thanks in advance @ruomu

• @yaknepper said:
    What’s the verdict, is this the audio editor we have all been waiting for?

Yeah, we know at least 10 forum members have this now. How about a review?

• @Telefunky said:
    Yes, it was about particular strong points of TwistedWave.
    Which imho features the leading edge in graphic waveform handling, a highly optimized piece of custom code.
    All other IOS audio editors I know either loose the zero line in high zoom (Auria, Audio Evolution), or they cheat and simply stop zooming before that point is reached.
    Such high display resolution isn't necessarily required - it's much more important that touch response is smooth, yet not too sensitive.
    There are significant variations between different apps (not restricted to audio editors).

But it would be nice if @ruomu provided some more details about the operation of his app.
    As already mentioned possible advantages aren't clear from the appstore description.

The curremt version ,EZAudioCut can Zoom to a point representing a sample of around 26ms.

• @Samu said:
    Seriously considering getting the 'non multi-track' version (EZAudioCut - Audio Editor $2.99 one).

I'm kinda annoyed that every time I edit audio in TwistedWave it creates a 'project' and the audio needs to be exported out same deal with Hokusai.

I could live with the editing capabilities of AudioCopy.app but it doesn't edit 'stereo' and is 'locked' to 44.1 16-bit.
    (If/when it gets Files.app support and expanded rate/depth and stereo support it will be a serious contender).

This EZAudioCut thing seems be more suited for quick open, edit & save operations without leaving 'slack' behind once the file is closed/exported?

I have my eyes on yet another editor (Lexis Audio Editor) which is 'free' with IAP for MP3 export but is limited to 44.1K 16-Bit.

So my few questions to @roumu are...

Thanks in advance :)

1) Current it only support 44.1k hz 16bit.
    2) All files are treated as stereo, and if it is a mono file, the default analog stereo processing.
    3) It 's the same with Multi-Track version.
    4) Multi-Track version can monitoring whiling recording.(Must use a headset, speaker will cause self-excitation).
    5) Current it only have the time scale. Current version snap to the cursor and the clip begin and end(can not set).

• @Samu said:
    A few other 'question' that struck me were...

Does EZAudioCut allow us to use/set 'markers' or 'loop points'?

This could be handy for setting loop points for instrument samples together with bpm and other meta-data.
    (Some apps use 'markers' as 'slice' points so it's another plus if there is such a feature).

Also is there any kind of 'zero snap'? If there is can it optionally be turned off for true sample-accurate editing?
    Is it possible to 'draw' on the wave-form? (to manually remove clicks etc.).

1)Sorry, Current cannot set the markers and loop point.
    2)What do you mean is the rhythm point (strong and weak beat) mark as a loop?
    3)Current EZAudioCut only Zoom to 1152 sample per pix , If it is higher, it must be saved as wav when it is exported.(Can be scaled to the sample level, but based on the compression format is not very meaningful, so did not do, and need to be processed into a wav file, it will take up more disk space)