Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

APHELIAN is finally out!!

1101112131416»

Comments

• I agree.
    I wouldn’t mind being able to chord
    change or even use keys with it but
    the thing I do like is that we have to treat it
    as an instrument in itself then it opens up as
    a performance tool rather than as a sound generator.

• Just rediscovering Aphelian. Wondering if I can ask for some help from one of you familiar with it? Ive played around with this a decent amount in the past but always standalone. My first time really loading into AUM to sequence 3rd party AUs. As far as I can tell so far, it’s only able to do one midi sequence (one shape/pattern) per instance when running in AUV3 mode (as opposed to how you can run 4 different shapes/instruments in standalone mode).

This is fine, I thought, it will be less cluttered and I’ll just run multiple instances of Aphelian but... when I set up the second midi processor channel in AUM, route it to a separate synth channel, no sound. I figured it was just me being a bonehead and goofing up the midi routing but when I open that second instance of Aphelian, it doesn’t appear to be playing at all. I click play in the master AUM transport and the first instance starts playing and it’s working great. Second instance, the indicator that shows where you’re at as far as the notes playing on your pattern as it rotates around (on the shape) - that isn’t moving.

From what I think I (barely) understand of AUV3, this doesn’t make much sense. I wouldn’t think they’d have a reason (or possibly even a way) to keep more than one instance from running in AUV3 mode. Also, just really seems like the type of app you’d want to run multiple instances of, especially with only one midi sequencer per instance when in AUV mode,

So we are back to the bonehead hypothesis again and operator error.

Any tips appreciated. Can post screen shots if it will help.

Happy Thanksgiving fellas and gals! May your turkeys be golden and your gratitude bright! 🌽🥐🦃

• I will say the standalone has greater functionality over the auv, I’ve really only used it in standalone the auv is an arppegiator only if I recall , which is great but the full app is better and can run 4 instruments, more if you share a midi out channel with multiple instruments

• Thanks reasOne. I got it to work in AUM just a moment ago. I think it was just a glitch as I didn’t do anything different. Going to check it out in standalone mode again. We need more creative midi sequencers like this!

• edited November 2020

@Obo Aphelion can SEQ or ARP in AU, but I think it has several issues in AU, including some display issues.

I just tried two SEQ instances in apeMatrix and only one of them started, verified by looking at the built-in MIDI monitor.

It's worth reporting to the dev.

• @mojozart said:
    @Obo Aphelion can SEQ or ARP in AU, but I think it has several issues in AU, including some display issues.

I just tried two SEQ instances in apeMatrix, and only one of them started, verified by looking at the built-in MIDI monitor.

It's worth reporting to the dev.

Good call, will do.

On that note, Ape matrix has been sounding like crap since this last iOS update (my fault for updating too soon, I knew it would be buggy)

Have others noticed apps popping cracking ans just sounding bad since this very last big update with the whole m1 chip (drawing a blank on the name iOS 14 maybe?)