Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What's your worst iOS 2018 app purchase?

Comments

• I’ve never understood why people get in such a lather when someone else doesn’t like something they do. It’s almost like they’re so insecure in their own opinions they need to force everyone else to think the same of something...................

I’m really happy for people to absolutely hate things I love and vice versa, in fact I find it really funny and can empathize with their vexation even if not it’s target. It’s put me in trouble in the past because most people are seemingly unable to sustain autonomous feelings on things. You just have to have a healthy starting disrespect for other people’s taste and opinions :D :D

• @Sygma said:

@dendy said:

I expressed my negative experience with BM3 - as a paying customer i have full rights to say that BM3 was big dissapointment for me - especially when i'm asking about opinion about this app. I don't think there is anything wrong about it.

I think this is the main reason why Turnatbalist is so agressive towards you : he is most obviously the 5pinlink from BM3 forum, and he just can't accept contradiction.

I doubt it. 5pin has been quite mellow lately - and I think he’s named after Obi Wan Kenobi’s clone-wars era droid these days.

• edited January 2019

@dendy said:
    @lovadamusic @Sygma

thanks for kind words guys ! I'm doing my best to help people, it's nice to hear it it appreciated :)

@dendy Dude dont worry - Iam a Bm3 user and you have never offended me - you have always been helpful Some dudes on here are acting childish - thanks for all the information about Ns2 - cool :-)

Everyone relax its a new year The forum is Virtual :-)

• @TheMediocritist said:
    Riffer.

Because it turns out randomness ain’t musical. Probably should have figured that out before purchase, but people said such nice things about it.

I’ll still say nice things about it. One of my favourite apps of 2018. Stable as a rock, great UI and I find the results perfectly usable.

• @dendy said:

@Lady_App_titude said:
    For me, the Ravenscroft 275 was a huge bummer buy. Probably the most expensive app I’ve ever bought for, but my humble iPad Air 1 just can’t handle it. I eventually deleted it to free up space.

that is strange, it works without issues on my Air 1

Have you tried it with Studiomux or IDAM?

Other mega pianos, like the 2GB Ivory piano for Module, work fine for me, so I thought I’d be good.

But the combination of Ravenscroft + audio/MIDI over USB (Studiomux, etc) was some ugly crash-n-freeze weirdness the likes of which I’ve never seen. Maybe I gave up too soon, maybe I should try again, now that I just did the iOS 12.1.1 update, but the memory of the experience first time still evokes images of trauma. :# :)

• edited January 2019

Ah Studiomix - actually i remember such issues with many apps when i tried it ..

I use Ravenscroft just as AU inside Nanostudio, works like a charm... But of course just single instance, cannot afford more on old Air1 :-)

btw i have latest iOS.

• @dendy said:
    @lovadamusic @Sygma

thanks for kind words guys ! I'm doing my best to help people, it's nice to hear it it appreciated :)

Just wondering if you were doing your best to help people with all the posts you deleted off Facebook where you were calling people all sorts of names and being abusive, then deleting them immediately, your status on Facebook immediately rose to lendendary over those.

Dont try and act all innocent here, everybody outside of this forum has seen the real you.

Matt apologised to people personally in emails too, not just some post on the forum, the fact he had to do that is shameful.

• edited January 2019

@stormbeats said:
    The forum is Virtual :-)

Golden truth ! :)

@Turntablist
    everybody outside of this forum has seen the real you.

Yeah, people know me on all kind of forums because i use everywhere same name. That's not your case, Winston a.k.a. 5pinlink, isn't it ? :lol:

• @dendy said:

@stormbeats said:
    The forum is Virtual :-)

Golden truth ! :)

@Turntablist
    everybody outside of this forum has seen the real you.

Yeah, people know me on all kind of forums because i use everywhere same name. That's not your case, Winston a.k.a. 5pinlink, isn't it ? :lol:

Ad Hominem.
    Your typical stance, attack the person, ignore the message, well done for showing your true colors again.

• Peace to you too ;)

• Oooh that got juicy for a second!

• @wingwizard said:
    I’ve never understood why people get in such a lather when someone else doesn’t like something they do. It’s almost like they’re so insecure in their own opinions they need to force everyone else to think the same of something...................

I’m really happy for people to absolutely hate things I love and vice versa, in fact I find it really funny and can empathize with their vexation even if not it’s target. It’s put me in trouble in the past because most people are seemingly unable to sustain autonomous feelings on things. You just have to have a healthy starting disrespect for other people’s taste and opinions :D :D

It's not that. Simply threads like this seem to splatter negativity all over without being particularly constructive.

An email to app's support often brings more than venting in the 'worst app' section.

While we're at it:

I hate NeoSoul keys studio cause it makes the old skinny NeoSoul keys app sound shite. Can't believe I used to salivate all over it and scared what feelings the next iteration will bring :s

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@dendy said:

@Lady_App_titude said:
    For me, the Ravenscroft 275 was a huge bummer buy. Probably the most expensive app I’ve ever bought for, but my humble iPad Air 1 just can’t handle it. I eventually deleted it to free up space.

that is strange, it works without issues on my Air 1

Have you tried it with Studiomux or IDAM?

Other mega pianos, like the 2GB Ivory piano for Module, work fine for me, so I thought I’d be good.

But the combination of Ravenscroft + audio/MIDI over USB (Studiomux, etc) was some ugly crash-n-freeze weirdness the likes of which I’ve never seen. Maybe I gave up too soon, maybe I should try again, now that I just did the iOS 12.1.1 update, but the memory of the experience first time still evokes images of trauma. :# :)

Module is far more of a versatile and stable app for sure. It ran perfectly on a mini 2 for me. Meanwhile on an iPad Pro 2017 the Ravenscoft can glitch occasionally. Not enough to make it unbearable but it’s certainly more delicate, perhaps more so if playing fast and with other synths and fx running in tandem , I’ve only used it as a practice instrument. Obviously updating will improve performance. You can try turning off the reverb too as it sounds fine, better IMO, without it. Good luck.

• @MonzoPro said:

@TheMediocritist said:
    Riffer.

Because it turns out randomness ain’t musical. Probably should have figured that out before purchase, but people said such nice things about it.

I’ll still say nice things about it. One of my favourite apps of 2018. Stable as a rock, great UI and I find the results perfectly usable.

I have to agree with you, Mr. Pro.
    I have gotten a lot of good results from Riffer. No regrets.

• @TheMediocritist said:
    Riffer.

So interesting. Riffer was in my top 3 for 2018 for exactly the reason you said it was disappointing. I find it to be more musical than the other currently available generative apps. Guess this is what makes the world go round!

• Quatromod. It’s not the worst plugin in the world but it's really underwhelming from a dev with an amazing track record.

• @TheMediocritist said:
    Riffer.

I can help save you from your disappointment with Riffer.
    1. Try inserting in Audiobus MF Scales and tinker around with the notes that get filtered or don’t. I did the same kind of thing in AUM with Roseta Scalar by using one of the three buttons Quantitize Up Down or Reject but with less satisfying results.
    2. Just draw with you finger. Seriously just wiggle it around within a narrower range than the octave provided for a more flowing melody line.
    (I with Riffer had an option to constrain notes to less than an octave)

• @supadom said:

@wingwizard said:
    I’ve never understood why people get in such a lather when someone else doesn’t like something they do. It’s almost like they’re so insecure in their own opinions they need to force everyone else to think the same of something...................

It's not that. Simply threads like this seem to splatter negativity all over without being particularly constructive.

An email to app's support often brings more than venting in the 'worst app' section.

While we're at it:

I hate NeoSoul keys studio cause it makes the old skinny NeoSoul keys app sound shite. Can't believe I used to salivate all over it and scared what feelings the next iteration will bring :s

These threads that focus on the negative can be useful ...and funny. For example, I didn't buy those SampleTank sounds, and now I'm glad I didn't. Who's to say for sure, but played through a blackbird's rectum can't be good, can it? :)

• wimwim
    edited January 2019

@brambos said:

@Sygma said:

@dendy said:

I expressed my negative experience with BM3 - as a paying customer i have full rights to say that BM3 was big dissapointment for me - especially when i'm asking about opinion about this app. I don't think there is anything wrong about it.

I think this is the main reason why Turnatbalist is so agressive towards you : he is most obviously the 5pinlink from BM3 forum, and he just can't accept contradiction.

I doubt it. 5pin has been quite mellow lately - and I think he’s named after Obi Wan Kenobi’s clone-wars era droid these days.

Besides, 5pinlink has his own account here, and shows up here from time to time.

• @wim said:

@brambos said:

@Sygma said:

@dendy said:

Besides, 5pinlink has his own account here, and shows up here from time to time.

That’s not true. His account has been banned in August 2017. Then Samplemunch account was created in August 2017 and banned in May 2018. Then Turntablist account was created in June 2018

• edited January 2019

@supadom said:

@wingwizard said:

While we're at it:

But the aim of a thread and a forum is not just to be constructive. It’s for people to communicate and express themselves and have fun. I agree if you want a solution to some problem in an app that hasn’t been ongoing it’s good to email the dev. But this is one thread. And if you don’t like it you don’t have to read it - I don’t with ones I dislike, but I don’t thiink they have no right to exist due to this.

Really disliking something and venting or joking about it is fun, and is a solution itself. It kind of reminds me of when a friend of mine fell out with this guy. The guy called him up and said ‘we have to resolve this somehow’. My friend was like...’resolve what? I don’t like you. That is the resolution’. :D

In life in general people take things way too seriously, get hyper defensive and weird and start clinging to their tenuous allegiances and misplaced reverences. We live in an age of hyper offence over everything that correlates to the luxury of the offended. I have found this forum to be a lot better than most though. It’s what I lie about the iPad musician group on fb. Most people there have a healthy disrespect for apple despite loving their iPads. It’s only now and then the few drones among devs and civs have a denial tantrum when someone has an issue with Apple and it has no medium on which to resonate. Ululate. Pullulate. Populateeeeeee

• edited January 2019

@wingwizard said:

@supadom said:

@wingwizard said:

While we're at it:

But the aim of a thread and a forum is not just to be constructive. It’s for people to communicate and express themselves and have fun. I agree if you want a solution to some problem in an app that hasn’t been ongoing it’s good to email the dev. But this is one thread. And if you don’t like it you don’t have to read it - I don’t with ones I dislike, but I don’t thiink they have no right to exist due to this.

Really disliking something and venting or joking about it is fun, and is a solution itself. It kind of reminds me of when a friend of mine fell out with this guy. The guy called him up and said ‘we have to resolve this somehow’. My friend was like...’resolve what? I don’t like you. That is the resolution’. :D

In life in general people take things way too seriously, get hyper defensive and weird and start clinging to their tenuous allegiances and misplaced reverences. We live in an age of hyper offence over everything that correlates to the luxury of the offended. I have found this forum to be a lot better than most though. It’s what I lie about the iPad musician group on fb. Most people there have a healthy disrespect for apple despite loving their iPads. It’s only now and then the few drones among devs and civs have a denial tantrum when someone has an issue with Apple and it has no medium on which to resonate. Ululate. Pullulate. Populateeeeeee

I didn’t say I don’t like the thread. I’m only saying that in the 5 odd years on the forum similar threads end with folks spluttering shit on each other...which IS what I don’t like. To which you can reply ‘if you don’t like that then don’t read it’ etc, etc.

Let’s say I speak from experience but not ready to have an argument over it. ;)

• edited January 2019

Boys will be boys. I see it in myself. Much more interesting to me that this thread has devolved into criticism of each other than simply worst apps of a gone year, But even the worst confrontations here are pretty mild, don't you think? That the accused often have supporters shows the subjectivity of us all. We bring our baggage along wherever we go. Some members astutely avoid any confrontations. My hat is off to them. They are forum masters, but there is fun to be had and we can thank the contentious for that. Guys like Dawdles contributed lots of knowledge in 2018. Even tho we got into it I wouldn't mind seeing him back.

As a leader of the once free world recently said, "It's just words". That is especially true here and, unlike the actions of that leader, never takes the food off anyone's tables. And we don't have to read this crap ( including mine) if it bothers us. But most of us do read it because we like the game.

Sartre said "Hell is other people" . To most everyone else Sartre was that hell. An avowed anti Semite with some nifty ideas. Now certainly I have offended someone. I am unapologetic 😈

• edited January 2019

@Sygma said:

@wim said:

@brambos said:

@Sygma said:

@dendy said:

That’s not true. His account has been banned in August 2017. Then Samplemunch account was created in August 2017 and banned in May 2018. Then Turntablist account was created in June 2018

Wow 😂😂😂😂 somebody's either a big 5pin fan or his biggest hater to be able to track these accounts like that and make those assumptions. He goes by 5pinlink everywhere except FB where he uses his real name.
    In my opinion as someone who's in contact with him often I can tell you that this guy is knowlegeable and very helpful. He comes off a certain way becuase he's passionate. He Doesn't go on the offensive unless he's attacked first or gave you several warnings. I wouldn't give the amount of warnings he gives before he goes off. 5pinlink is misunderstood and I've told him that several times. I'm glad his the intua's forum moderator no better person for the job.
    And yes @brambos is right he's been very mellow lately. A little too mellow for my taste 😂😂😂😂😂

• edited January 2019

• >

Sartre said "Hell is other people" . To most everyone else Sartre was that hell. An avowed anti Semite with some nifty ideas. Now certainly I have offended someone. I am unapologetic 😈

Can you throw a little light on this for us? A reference, perhaps? Thanks very much in advance - it’s something I wasn’t aware of. I only knew that Sartre had written against anti-semitism.

• “It’s what I lie about the iPad musician group on fb. Most people there have a healthy disrespect for apple despite loving their iPads. It’s only now and then the few drones among devs and civs have a denial tantrum when someone has an issue with Apple and it has no medium on which to resonate. Ululate. Pullulate. Populateeeeeee

Does someone representing Apple ever make an appearance over there? @wingwizard

• edited January 2019

@supadom said:

@wingwizard said:

@supadom said:

@wingwizard said:

While we're at it:

I didn’t say I don’t like the thread. I’m only saying that in the 5 odd years on the forum similar threads end with folks spluttering shit on each other...which IS what I don’t like. To which you can reply ‘if you don’t like that then don’t read it’ etc, etc.

Let’s say I speak from experience but not ready to have an argument over it. ;)

Oh, I wasn’t arguing either, just putting across my point of view on the worth of these threads when it’s only the odd one. Sorry, if tone wasn’t clear.

I think anyone who has has been on forums over the years has the same experience, so I relate there. You know... whatever the subject is, whatever the forum, you scroll down from the first post to the last because you know what started innocently will end up in the inevitable progression through mild flaming, trilby memes and pc master race to politics, something about Brexit/Donald trump, a few offended sjws, a few offended anti sjws, someone unironically saying anyone who uses the term sjw unironically is Hitler and me left wondering whether the OP ever found out if you can plug a midi cable into his adapter.

It’s like when your older meets an iteration of your younger self and winces. At least there’s the wince though. Some people don’t change.

I guess I just live in this idealistic fantasy world where we can all live out our lives in peaceful and harmonious hatred of everything.

• edited January 2019

@Ben
    Does someone representing Apple ever make an appearance over there?

Does someone representing Apple ever make an appearance over anywhere except of their keynotes ? :lol:

I think in terms of business and most important turnover (which is obviously only one important thing in Cook's vision of Apple), music apps community do have for Apple near to zero importance :(