Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What's your worst iOS 2018 app purchase?

Comments

• I'm not sure, so I'll just thank all the worst iOS 2018 apps for providing a focus for pent up bitterness and hostility. As an outlet, let's also give AB Forum credit for being here.

• @sysexual said:
    Korg Electribe Wave. by far.

Haha that was my best purchase. By far.

• @LeeB said:

@oat_phipps said:

@LeeB said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Turntablist said:
    Nanostudio 2, because it dragged me in to reading NS2 threads (yes i know it’s my own fault) and the pure BS spouted by the beta testers actually put me off using the software (again, yes i know, my fault)

Haha amen to that. I took one trip to the forum when I had some early questions and quickly realized my experience would be ruined if I kept reading.

Why?

Most of the years-long beta testers were wayyyy too defensive about its shortcomings or lack of features. It's a weird little cult between them and the rabid users. I really like the app itself though.

I was one of the testers and I never had a bad word with anyone.
    Some of the moans on the forum at the start were from people just there to cause trouble. They stand out like a sore thum and eventually go away. That was why it got a bit niggly on there, but it has settled now.
    It’s one thing to have feature requests, but a certain minority blasting the app for not having something, when it was quite clear from the off that it wasn’t planned for the first releaseis is a bit off if you ask me.
    That’s what probably caused a bit of the defensiveness from some of the regulars.

Anyway, happy music making 👍🏼

Seriously, one of the testers was going all over the place to different forums and chats to blast every other app, that was before the release too, so lets not pretend it was “Those pesky paying customers”
    Sidenote, I have nothing but huge regard for Matt, genuine gentleman, Blip testers I would be happy to neverhear from again.

• @Turntablist said:

@LeeB said:

@oat_phipps said:

@LeeB said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Turntablist said:
    Nanostudio 2, because it dragged me in to reading NS2 threads (yes i know it’s my own fault) and the pure BS spouted by the beta testers actually put me off using the software (again, yes i know, my fault)

Haha amen to that. I took one trip to the forum when I had some early questions and quickly realized my experience would be ruined if I kept reading.

Why?

Most of the years-long beta testers were wayyyy too defensive about its shortcomings or lack of features. It's a weird little cult between them and the rabid users. I really like the app itself though.

Some of the moans on the forum at the start were from people just there to cause trouble. They stand out like a sore thum and eventually go away. That was why it got a bit niggly on there, but it has settled now.
    It’s one thing to have feature requests, but a certain minority blasting the app for not having something, when it was quite clear from the off that it wasn’t planned for the first releaseis is a bit off if you ask me.
    That’s what probably caused a bit of the defensiveness from some of the regulars.

Seriously, one of the testers was going all over the place to different forums and chats to blast every other app, that was before the release too, so lets not pretend it was “Those pesky paying customers”
    Sidenote, I have nothing but huge regard for Matt, genuine gentleman, Blip testers I would be happy to neverhear from again.

🙄

• The worse app I bought in 2018 was MPC pro2 for iPhone.
    I knew it wasn’t going to be good, I don’t even know why I did it....

• djay Pro. Literally a week after I bought it thinking it might be a new go to again for me for DJing, they went subscription. :(

• @Turntablist said:

@LeeB said:

@oat_phipps said:

@LeeB said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Turntablist said:

Why?

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• @frejahel said:

@sysexual said:
    Korg Electribe Wave. by far.

Reality? How come? I have been wanting to pick this up but I haven’t decided yet.

well let me start with overall not enjoying the included sounds and theyre a bit limited. I know theyve probably added more as iap (does korg really need more $). secondly there is no undo/redo feature which i find absolutely essential on a groovebox type application. third i find the drum samples a little overdone in terms of eq’ing and stuff, for me they are far too clean sounding this is personal taste kinda thing. fourth I dont like how all the init patterns aleardy have midi information on them (another personal gripe) fifth, i think the ui is really ugly which for me makes it difficult to use lastly the lack of a count in metronome is annoying. one more gripe is korg is still avoiding auv3 for some odd reason and theres no indication they are even remotely interested in it. i keep thinking korg will do something about that but they likely wont.

• edited January 2019

@LeeB said:

@Turntablist said:

🙄

This is probably about me, i was thinking for a while if i should do any reaction on this or not. But ok, we are in shit-thread, so let's spread shit :lol: Plus i think there is a LOT of misunderstandings maybe caused my poor english, maybe by may strong sense for sarcasm and irony - BUT i'm always trying just to be helpful and to spread my knowledge to those who wants it.
    Maybe if you guys know me personally you would change your opionion, but ok, i can't change this. And i probably don't want to invest any energy into changing it, because it doesn't really matter, most probably we stay to rest of our life just anonymous avatars on some random forum.

@Turntablist said:
    Seriously, one of the testers was going all over the place to different forums and chats to blast every other app

This is not truth. I respect all other apps. I like lot other apps. I used them a lot. For example i used BM2 for many tracks (some of them officialy released, other just on my SC/Bandcamp) and still when i need work with long audio recordings, i use BM2 because it is great for this purpose - it's my audio tracks recording DAW of choice on iOS. ( At least until there is not audio tracks in NS2 :)

I expressed my negative experience with BM3 - as a paying customer i have full rights to say that BM3 was big dissapointment for me - especially when i'm asking about opinion about this app. I don't think there is anything wrong about it.

At the end - it's completely right topic in this thread, so i can say without fear that this was for me biggest dissapointment of 2018 - i actually bought app, refunded it but then bought it again to give it one more chance. I do not like it not because it is different from NS2, but because it is different from BM2 !!). U used a lot of DAWs on desktop / iOS, it's my personal rule to do at least one complete track in each DAW i try - i managed to do this with ALL DAWS (or to be exact all apps, i started with trackers which weren't really "daw" :)) i ever tried for 25 years making music. Just with BM3 i failed :lol:

Again - i'm not saying it is bad app, i'm just saying that i miss a lot features which were/are crucial for my workflow in BM2 and i completely don't like it's architecture. It's not app for me. Still like BM2 !
    But i'm not gonna flood BM3 forums with tons of requests (which somebody suggested to me) - just because i undestand it is not problen of app, which is awesome for some people, it is just me, my workflow.

I had some conflicts with one particular person who spreaded obvious lies and missinformations about NS2 on Facebook iPad musician and in unofficial dischord NS2 group. That's all. Now i understand i was wasting my and his time, and trying to avoid such arguements until i'm not explicitly mentioned or asked for something. I learned my lesson.

I was also trying to explain some early users on NS forums who requested some features, which were to my knowledge in very contradiction with Matt's plans about app and they probably got me wrong - i'm sorry for that, again probably my wrong english or sense of sarcasm. I never insulte anybody for his opinion. i learned that people not always get correctly my sarcasm / irony, i understand now that we all come from different social / nation conditions and what is funny for one can be dead-insult for other. I'm now trying to avoid it until i'm not pretty much sure i'm discussing with somebody who is able withstand this stuff ..

I said it already - if somebody feels insulted by something i wrote, i'm sorry for that. It was not intentional

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2019

@Daveypoo said:
    Lo Fly Dirt & Fly Tape. These were early entries into the saturation-type apps that have showed up lately, and offer the least depth of both tone and functionality. They are so outshined by Degrader, Reamp, RX950, DAW Cassette, DAW LP and Shaper (never mind the saturation in RE-1) that they just sit half-flaccid in my Effects folder....

@oat_phipps said:

@Daveypoo said:
    Lo Fly Dirt & Fly Tape. These were early entries into the saturation-type apps that have showed up lately, and offer the least depth of both tone and functionality. They are so outshined by Degrader, Reamp, RX950, DAW Cassette, DAW LP and Shaper (never mind the saturation in RE-1) that they just sit half-flaccid in my Effects folder....

These were just awful, I totally agree. And I recall the dev/devs on here being pretty condescending about honest feedback. Or maybe it was just because they used the word 'fam' so much, which to me comes across as insulting as 'bro' in my world of online posting etiquette and guidelines.

I have all the apps mentioned here and had fly tape refunded but lo fly dirt is miles better than daw lp/cassette imo for the timbre of noise etc. Really disappointed with the latter two, think they’re very shallow and never use as te record crackle and tape hiss sound nasty and synthetic. Ui sells I think.

Lame that they’re chavs though, fam. I mean “urban”. There’s a place for music by people with no musical ability or taste, it’s called Arsenal Fan Tv kukuku

• Agree with NS2 forum and betatesters.

Worst support that I see.

The worsts fanboys ever

• edited January 2019

@OnfraySin said:
    Agree with NS2 forum and betatesters.

Can you be more specific ? Some links to threads from last 2-3 weeks on NS forums where you didn't get support which you searched for, or where you didn't get answers for your questions ... So we can improve support. Thanks in advance.

Majority of people on NS forum are usually thankful for answers and advices, and are contributing with own answers and advices too , so support is not just task of few people but more community thing, except of very few (i remember in last few weeks just one guy who insulted others just because they had different opinions)
    Most of users are helping each other and discussing in threads in good mood ..

Of course you cannot make happy everybody, that's not possible.

• edited January 2019

Miroslav Philharmonic 2. Only app I ever requested a refund for. Too much hype for too little reality.

Also Model D in Korg Module. Great sound but no midi in. Disappointment as I bought KayPro Orchestra as well. So, costly and not very usable for me..

Best purchases were Cubasis, Ravenscroft and Beathawk Inapps.

• edited January 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Also Model D in Korg Module. Great sound but no midi in.

There is Model D inside Korg Module ?? And Korg Module doesn't have midi in ??? Strange

• Sorry, @dendy , it is a model D Steinway. And I meant I cannot export a midi track into Cubasis. I guess I am lacking in scientific accuracy!

• edited January 2019

I hardly bought any in 2018, so everything was very finely selected. A handful of IAPs for stuff (not used yet, can’t even remember them) and also Electribe Wave, the latter I’m quite happy with. I just don’t buy the apps nowadays, I’ve got everything I want. If this were a few years ago, I’d have a very long list of disappointments.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Sorry, @dendy , it is a model D Steinway. And I meant I cannot export a midi track into Cubasis.

AAah ok :-D I tried Module just when it was new so i was curious if they added Moog Model D meanwhile :)

• @OnfraySin said:
    Agree with NS2 forum and betatesters.

The worsts fanboys ever

Grow up

• 🌾👀🍿🌾

• @LeeB said:

@OnfraySin said:
    The worsts fanboys ever

Grow up

Oo i really wisth to be fanboy .. sadly with my 41 years hardly boy, just fanoldman :trollface:

• XDrummer ... free but 421MB of monthly bandwidth down the tubes. ;)

• I knew deep inside that I’d never use KRFT but bought it anyways on sale.

• The same app gets both my best and worst app purchase...... Moog Model D !!

Best because - It's a Moog Model D and sounds amazing (and doesn't suffer the same issues as the 'other' Model D app)
    Worst because - I'm on an Air 2 and it won't handle much more when running a Model D instance (and I want to use lots)

• edited January 2019

@Janosax said:
    Studiomux. So much potential, but just don’t works properly: audio-crackles land. Huge deception. I use it however with midi, works well with lower latency than rtp-midi lan over usb, so money is not totally wasted.

It's been working fine for me for over two years (EDIT; It's been three years...I've lost track of time!!!), with three (EDIT: Four, i used it with a very old laptop running Vista as well) different systems. A win 7 laptop with a Tascam interface, & two different desktops running Win 10 pro & Win 10 home respectively, with Focusrite & RME interfaces. It can be tricky to set up due to the complex nature of the app, & can be a bit of a PITA to get working, but once working it's rock solid. Along with AUM It's pretty much the backbone of everything i do with ios & without it i probably wouldn't have gone so deep down the ios rabbit hole.
    Although i feel your pain, calling it a "HUGE DECEPTION" is more than a little disingenuous............just saying "I couldn't get it working on my system" would be a fairer appraisal, & then maybe asking apple for a refund?

• @dendy said:

Oo i really wisth to be fanboy .. sadly with my 41 years hardly boy, just fanoldman :trollface:

No worries we can all be 'Fanfarts' ;) (I'm 46).

• @Samu said:

@dendy said:

No worries we can all be 'Fanfarts' ;) (I'm 46).

:lol: cool yeah thats me :lol:

• I'm curious which thread will gather more posts - this about worst apps, or with best ios apps in 2018 :)

• @Tarekith said:
    djay Pro. Literally a week after I bought it thinking it might be a new go to again for me for DJing, they went subscription. :(

Yes this! They went from heros to zeros overnight.

• @MAtrixplan said:
    I'm curious which thread will gather more posts - this about worst apps, or with best ios apps in 2018 :)

Don't know, maybe a new topic would cause even more discussions and hits...

Apps of 2018 - The Good, The Bad & The WTF's :)