Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What's your best iOS 2018 app purchase?

12346»

Comments

• @klownshed said:

@AudioGus said:

I love the atonal bendy pitchy trippiness. For me that is what Noir is all about.

Yeah I get that. It’s why I bought it. I clearly like Noire as I said it was my favourite iOS purchase of the year.

However, in the track I was working on you could clearly hear the pitch of the Noire loop and it didn’t sit in my track until it was tuned to the right pitch. I’m cool with Atonal but some of the loops I’ve made with Noire have a clear tone. Once they’re no longer atonal they need to be in tune with the rest of the track for me.

It’s no issue at all to tune the loop in Logic but it got me thinking that having a chromatic pitch component to Noire (maybe a toggle that allows chromatic playing for a specific patch) would be cool and would open up all sorts of creative potential. Perhaps it wouldn’t work without losing what makes Noire Noire, but it was just a thought.

It doesn’t stop me loving Noire as it is.

Tuning was never a priority for Noir as a percussion synth. But if you keep the oscillators tuned to neutral values (double-tap the frequency knobs to reset them) the sounds should be tuned chromatically. Mind you, FM and some of the other modifiers may introduce new atonal frequency content.

• I got all excited to see what @brambos favorite app of 2018 was.
    Dang It!
    :D

• DAW - Nanostudio - have not clicked with a DAW on iOS until now. I primarily worked in Ableton recording to timeline previously and this workflow feels natural to me

Effect - REAMP - I add it to almost every track when I'm working on projects now. It adds so much character.

Instrument - Egoist - I held off until it got AU. I can see what the big fuss was about. I had ReSlice but for me the ability to have a slice and play it back in multiple ways in one 'scene' (pitch, direction, attack) makes it more useful. The sequencer is fun too.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I'll go with AudioLayer. Like AB3.3 it's not as sexy as, say, SpaceCraft. But it has become a key piece of my workflow. The secret sauce is that it works as an effect so it's easy to resample anything.

Can’t believe I’ve never tried this - thanks for the tip!

• edited January 2019

@brambos said:

Tuning was never a priority for Noir as a percussion synth. But if you keep the oscillators tuned to neutral values (double-tap the frequency knobs to reset them) the sounds should be tuned chromatically. Mind you, FM and some of the other modifiers may introduce new atonal frequency content.

Thanks for the reply :-) I will try that soon.

PS. Sorry about misspelling "Noir". Autocorrect on my phone keeps winning.

• edited January 2019

Since I only began iOS last April...
    Cubasis + inapps and Ravenscroft 275. RC275 blew me away.. Then I bought a Kawai MP11se. I fell for the onboard piano sounds of the Kawai Shigeru and EX grands. So I bought a UR22mk2 AI. Then I made some recordings using that and was very pleased. Then the UR22 broke. Now I have returned to RC275 and... love it more than ever. So I will get the UR repaired hopefully but I probably will never use it for the pianos again!!!
    The Kawai does have a great acoustic bass, however. I am sure I will use that.

Here is tonight's example of the amazing RC275. Two tracks of it (one EQd toward bass, the second toward treble) with BH Choir and SMP synths. I believe I still have a ways to go to get even better results with it, but the two track formula is definitely an improvement. There is a bit of overload at times, but I can live with it.(only 4:00 btw, not 12!)

• edited January 2019

Since i also bought an ipad pro in 2018, there are a lot of great apps i bought. Cubasis 2, DrumPerfect Pro, Animoog, Aum, Jubal Flute, Circle Of Fifths. But the most essential app to me is AudioShare.