Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What's your best iOS 2018 app purchase?

Comments

• @rs2000 said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    The same app gets both my best and worst app purchase...... Moog Model D !!

Best because - It's a Moog Model D and sounds amazing (and doesn't suffer the same issues as the 'other' Model D app)
    Worst because - I'm on an Air 2 and it won't handle much more when running a Model D instance (and I want to use lots)

Viking for $2 is a hell of a deal!

• Synthmaster One. Because it quickly became my go-to synth, and heaps of people have already said NS2.

• edited January 2019

@rs2000 said:
    If a monophonic Model D clone is an option, try Blamsoft's Viking synth. It's on sale for $2 now and it sounds like the real deal. Just tried to run 5 instances in Cubasis on an old iPad Mini 2, no problem.

Man, thanks for pointing me to this - i must admit i was overlooking this synth till yet mostly because of UI !! I'm really impressed ! One of best sounding filters i heard on iOS !! Hidden beauty !!

After 15 minutes of playing with it jumped to my TOP 3 best iOS synths... :+1:

• AudioKit D1 Synth because its so versatile and there is so much free stuff available

• I’m revising my award. Was Spacecraft, and still is....but I have to put Aparillo in there as joint first, it’s just ridiculously good.

• Another vote for Audiokit D1.
    The great sound, constant updates, new presets & soon to be delivered promise of AU make it a winner.

• @dendy said:

@rs2000 said:
    If a monophonic Model D clone is an option, try Blamsoft's Viking synth. It's on sale for $2 now and it sounds like the real deal. Just tried to run 5 instances in Cubasis on an old iPad Mini 2, no problem.

Man, thanks for pointing me to this - i must admit i was overlooking this synth till yet mostly because of UI !! I'm really impressed ! One of best sounding filters i heard on iOS !! Hidden beauty !!

After 15 minutes of playing with it jumped to my TOP 3 best iOS synths... :+1:

You're welcome :smiley:
    It wasn't much different in my case, I've been hesitant because it's AU only and has no standalone version, but at $2 I couldn't resist. Great sound, great usability.

• Also Zero reverb from same developer is pretty good !

• MCS.FITTING but if we talk about music related apps it was Model D.
    I was quite shocked that i indeed only bought 2 music related apps in the whole year 2018 (free apps and updates excluded).

• @Cib said:
    MCS.FITTING but if we talk about music related apps it was Model D.
    I was quite shocked that i indeed only bought 2 music related apps in the whole year 2018 (free apps and updates excluded).

😂 are you kidding? You spent the whole year saying how bad the platform was 😅😅😅

• edited January 2019

@realdawei said:

@Cib said:

Yes, 2 apps is infinitely more than I expected on a platform that is apparently so fundamentally flawed (with the exception of a few apps that have not been released) :D

• @Tarekith said:
    KEW, it's awesome.

I'm struggling to get into KEW. Not sure why, but I'm not finding it that intuitive or inspiring.

Do you think you may do a video on it in future, maybe a bit on how it fits into your workflow?

• @CracklePot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Kronecker. While there were many other apps with more sizzle, I consistently started more tunes that went somewhere with Kronecker then any other app on 2018. It's the acoustic guitar of iOS for me.

Dude, I could seriously use some tips and pointers from you.
    I can’t get anything going in that one. Its logic escapes me, but I can tell it can do great things. I just can’t seem to figure out how to get any control over the sound design.

Might need to revisit it now that I’ve spent some time with Aparillo. I have a feeling that the strange Arp in Aparillo has a similar logic, and I finally started to understand that.

Aparillo has similar characteristics but takes it to a whole nother level. Love that one too. The key with Kronecker is that the emitters establish a tone and a rhythm in one easy package. Could these things be done using other apps? Yep! But having easy control over the rhythmic pattern on one screen makes it like an acoustic guitar to me. I get the basic foundation of a song quickly. YMMV

• edited January 2019

@brambos said:

@realdawei said:

@Cib said:

Yes, 2 apps is infinitely more than I expected on a platform that is apparently so fundamentally flawed (with the exception of a few apps that have not been released) :D

Sorry, i don‘t get it....so you mean i shouldn‘t spend anything because i see some flaws in iOS.
    Another secret: I indeed recommend a lot iOS tools in other (more non mobile) forums and get some hits (in a bad way) for this.
    I mean even with the flaws i see a lot useful things.
    But at the end it‘s up to the developers to give me something to spend on ;)
    Also even if i mainly produce inside Logic i like to record iOS things via IDAM into it.
    Maybe i do the internet wrong and beeing to critic and too positive at the same time in the wrong forums.
    So for 2019 a thing is to don‘t post much in these forums or leave a few of them.
    But for all the good people out there you should also try to look behind your own wall.
    Cheers.

• @realdawei said:

@Cib said:

What did you to spread the word for iOS?

• @Cib said:

@realdawei said:

@Cib said:

This is not about me, it’s about you 😁😇

• @realdawei said:

@Cib said:

@realdawei said:

@Cib said:

??? Sorry! You have no clue about where i see benefits in iOS or not and that i indeed often recommend iOS tools in favor of desktop plug-ins in other forums. That doesn‘t men everything is good.
    Whatever. This forum is not a place where critic is welcome of course.

• Great post / list @gusgranite

• @Cib said:

@realdawei said:

@Cib said:

@realdawei said:

@Cib said:

??? Sorry! You have no clue about where i see benefits in iOS or not and that i indeed often recommend iOS tools in favor of desktop plug-ins in other forums. That doesn‘t men everything is good.

Gotcha!, buy -nothing- from developers but demand cred for surreptitiously “recommending” their un-buyable products. Thanks for the tip. My 2019 resolutions are hereby set.

• @realdawei said:

@Cib said:

@realdawei said:

@Cib said:

@realdawei said:

@Cib said:

Gotcha!, buy -nothing- from developers but demand cred for surreptitiously “recommending” their un-buyable products. Thanks for the tip. My 2019 resolutions are hereby set.

What a bunch of shit! You don‘t get anything i wrote (like buying and gift apps for others i can‘t use or just don‘t need, the 2 apps were the one for me but there are still other ways to support iOS without praying ot as the only holy grail).
    Whatever. I will do you a favor and leave it anyway again. This forum is going a terrible place more and more and also better for others if i just left it ;)
    So more important, have fun and i wish you all the best.

• @Cib not everybody knows your previous "galaxyexplorer" iOS enthusiast history ;) That is negative side of forums, people tend to remember few things out of context, build some image of you, and you cannot change that.. it doesn't matter, it's not real world ;)

Bram is cool guy, you're too, i'm pretty sure if you two would meet in real life you would be good friends..

Btw. we know that sooner or later you will return with production to iOS. Mr. Borstell worked hard on it, and still is working :lol: It's just matter of time ;)

• @SpookyZoo said:

@Tarekith said:
    KEW, it's awesome.

I'm struggling to get into KEW. Not sure why, but I'm not finding it that intuitive or inspiring.

Do you think you may do a video on it in future, maybe a bit on how it fits into your workflow?

It's a possibility, but I can't promise anything, crazy busy these days with various other projects. I still need to do my Roland TR-8s review too. 😢

• @dendy said:
    @Cib not everybody knows your previous "galaxyexplorer" iOS enthusiast history ;) That is negative side of forums, people tend to remember few things out of context, build some image of you, and you cannot change that.. it doesn't matter, it's not real world ;)

Bram is cool guy, you're too, i'm pretty sure if you two would meet in real life you would be good friends..

Btw. we know that sooner or later you will return with production to iOS. Mr. Borstell worked hard on it, and still is working :lol: It's just matter of time ;)

Oh, i mean he even might me right since i´m an old greedy bastard sometimes. It is like it is. It´s just that the grass is too green here for me and i just don´t fit. There are other places for me :)
    I never left iOS but there is also no reason for iOS only production for me anymore which still doesn´t mean there is no use for it at all. This is a super friendly forum mainly and so but it became a too much "don´t say anything bad about it" or f....y.... for me.
    Before it annoys me and more important i annoy others it better to take off ;)
    We will see us here and there in the NS2 forum if i can dive deep into NS2 soon.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Kronecker. While there were many other apps with more sizzle, I consistently started more tunes that went somewhere with Kronecker then any other app on 2018. It's the acoustic guitar of iOS for me.

Bought it. Never used it. Sent me back there. Thank you :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Bought it. Never used it. Sent me back there. Thank you :)

I did my usual umming/aarring/on the fence/off the fence with that one during the last sale, then it'd gone up by the time I'd decided to buy it. Same with Scythe a few days ago.

I'm my own worst/best enemy.

• Ruismaker Noire for me as it’s totally unlike anything I’ve had before. I’ve been working on a tune I started decades ago (no exaggeration!) building it up on a noire loop I made on my phone. Great stuff.

It’s be even better if I could work out how to get pitched sounds with it more easily, Ive been tuning the loops in logic to make them sit better. It makes awesome bass sounds, I think I may be missing something about getting them in pitch!?

That aside, it’s a brilliant app. I love the new influx of simple, focussed instruments. Auv3 has been a game changer for me.

• Hey @Cib’s cool!

I have spent so much money on iOS apps since I started a couple of years ago that I think I will have to stop buying apps for a while too. I’m also enjoying playing on the desktop, learning VCVRack, Reaper and a few bargain plugins I picked up like Liquid Rhythm, Break Tweaker, StutterEdit, Tantra and the Glithmachines stuff. Will that mean I cannot post or comment anymore? I hope not...

Stick around @Cib - you’re my reverb mentor! :wink:

• @dendy said:
    Also Zero reverb from same developer is pretty good !

And free at the moment.

• wimwim
    edited January 2019

The only bummer about the Blamsoft apps is they have no onboard preset management. So, a nifty preset you make in AUM isn’t going to be available in Cubasis, etc.

But in spite of that, they are great!

• Would be between Model D or FlyTape for me.