Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Layr crashing Cubasis

Apologies, this was a case of user error on my part. Thanks to all for helpful remedy suggestions.

Comments

• Would be helpful to know iPad Model and iOS version.
    I've had ZERO issues with Layr on my Air 2, iOS12.1.1...

• edited January 2019

Hey Samu, iPad Pro 1st gen 12.9 and iOS up to date. Il try it on another iPad.
    Such a shame cos it’s an amazing synthesizer.

• Were you running it as a standalone or as AU?

I'd recommend contacting Andy at Living Memory software. He is pretty responsive to bug reports. LayR is a big bowl of awesomeness. So, I hope you will get it worked out.

It may involve figuring out the right Cubasis buffet settings.

• I've just tried it here using the same device/OS etc and it's working ok. Coincidentally I've recently given 5 promos to the Cubasis devs for testing purposes and they've not reported any crashing, nor have any other users recently. But that's not to say there's no issue found here...

Very important: When was the last time you reset your iPad? Chances are a reset may solve the problem.

If you haven't done that recently try it now. If you have reset and it's still crashing, then use the contact form on the link below, if you can provide me with a Cubase project that crashes, or a video and or a crash log from the iPad, that's even better. I need much more information than you've given us here so please explain in detail what you're doing to make it crash.

Full instructions for how to quit all apps and reset your ipad can be found here, along with a form to contact us directly. http://www.livingmemorysoftware.com/contact.html

Thanks
    /A

• LayR crashes on me when I use it at any buffer size higher than 512 samples in AUM or BM3. Try changing the buffer size and see what happens. It’s somethibg I stumbled upon a few months ago. Setting it to 512 makes LayR work like it should.

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    LayR crashes on me when I use it at any buffer size higher than 512 samples in AUM or BM3. Try changing the buffer size and see what happens. It’s somethibg I stumbled upon a few months ago. Setting it to 512 makes LayR work like it should.

I'll test that, it should (and did) work at any size, I use 256 normally, if there's a problem it'll be fixed in the next update shortly.

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    LayR crashes on me when I use it at any buffer size higher than 512 samples in AUM or BM3. Try changing the buffer size and see what happens. It’s somethibg I stumbled upon a few months ago. Setting it to 512 makes LayR work like it should.

What hardware and OS are you using?

• Btw! If any app crashes repeatedly and consistently it's always a good idea to send a polite note explaining how and where directly to the dev. That way we become aware of issues and can take steps to remedy. Something I take very seriously with LayR as I don't like or want bugs either 🤪

• @espiegel123 said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

It happened on iOS 11 with my 10.5 Pro in the summer. Still happens on iOS 12 with the 2018 12.9. Try it

@LivingMemorySoftware said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

I'll test that, it should (and did) work at any size, I use 256 normally, if there's a problem it'll be fixed in the next update shortly.

Crashes on me every single time or the sound engine does this weird thing if reverb is applied. I spoke to you or someone on the team via email when I first saw it happening but couldn’t get a resolution. I changed the buffer size in a session and LayR started working perfect.

• Well you know, it was probably me using it as Inter app audio, I did not realise it was AU.
    So apologies from me, I’m gonna try it as Au. I don’t normally use midi you see so IAA is my normal auto choice. ..............edit.... just tried it as AU and it’s perfect.
    Very sorry.
    :)

• @AndyPawlak said:
    Well you know, it was probably me using it as Inter app audio, I did not realise it was AU.
    So apologies from me, I’m gonna try it as Au. I don’t normally use midi you see so IAA is my normal auto choice. ..............edit.... just tried it as AU and it’s perfect.
    Very sorry.
    :)

Cool! I'm working on LayR this week so I'll check to see if there's an issue with the IAA version.

• edited January 2019

@YZJustDatGuy said:

It happened on iOS 11 with my 10.5 Pro in the summer. Still happens on iOS 12 with the 2018 12.9. Try it

Just checked it in BM3 and yes there's an issue, will get it sorted asap. Amazing no one else has reported this too, sorry if you got overlooked, I don't remember this coming up before.

• @LivingMemorySoftware said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

Just checked it in BM3 and yes there's an issue, will get it sorted asap. Amazing no one else has reported this too, sorry if you got overlooked, I don't remember this coming up before.

Not a problem. Did you see the same issue happen in AUM as well?

• edited January 2019

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

Yes and you'll be pleased to know the bug is now fixed and will be in the next update. I'd stupidly forgotten to replace a line of code I'd commented out at some time in the past which was part of code that resets the AU buffer sizes during initialisation. ( And yes, you'd think I'd learned not to do things like that by now! ) ... 🤭🙄

• @LivingMemorySoftware said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

Yes and you'll be pleased to know the bug is now fixed and will be in the next update. I'd stupidly forgotten to replace a line of code I'd commented out at some time in the past which was part of code that resets the AU buffer sizes during initialisation. ( And yes, you'd think I'd learned not to do things like that by now! ) ... 🤭🙄

Great to hear! I’m looking forward to it as well as iOS 12.1.3 to fix the CPU spikes on the latest pro models. Then I’ll be ready to push this thing to it’s limits