Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mastering apps for iPhone?

What mastering apps are there for iPhone?

Searching the Appstore on iPhone sucks, I mean really really sucks bad. Can’t filter results.

I know there’s Grand Finale by Klevgrand, Maximizer by FAC, and a free compressor by Audio Damage.

Basically looking to put final touches on recordings. Can be standalone, IAA, or AU, don’t care either way, just want something that works well on iPhone small screen and all.

Comments

• I use Grand Finale

• @db909 said:
    I use Grand Finale

Does it hold the peak levels on the meter? The manual says it does for desktop, with a mouse click to reset, doesn't say for iOS though.

• edited January 2019

Lurssen is available on iPhone and sounds great. It’ll cost you, though. They were having a sale, but I’m not sure if it’s still going.

• @e121 said:
    What mastering apps are there for iPhone?

Searching the Appstore on iPhone sucks, I mean really really sucks bad. Can’t filter results.

I know there’s Grand Finale by Klevgrand, Maximizer by FAC, and a free compressor by Audio Damage.

Basically looking to put final touches on recordings. Can be standalone, IAA, or AU, don’t care either way, just want something that works well on iPhone small screen and all.

Final Touch kicks ass. REALLY deep if you want it to be, good presets when you just want to slap them on and tweak.

https://www.positivegrid.com/finaltouch/

Grand Finale is more often than not a crash fiesta if you work on longer files... reviews claim Final Touch crashes, but it almost never does for me. Air 2.

• Lurssen still on sale!!

• I just got Lurssen

• Looks like Final Touch is iPad only. Lurssen on sale, so $25 instead of $50? Plus iTunes import and export only??? Bleh.

Wish Cubasis would appear on iPhone.

• Just go with Grand Finale. It doesn't crash for me. If it ever did, @sundhage and his team at Klevgrand would be right on top of it.

I used to have issues with files higher than 44.1kHz where it sounded fine in the GF app but would render without the bass for some odd reason. It was fixed within a couple of days, and I was even brought on to betatest the updated build prior to release. So if you experience any crashes, just reach out to Klevgrand. Their customer service is unparalleled.

• wimwim
    edited January 2019

+1 Grand Finale. Never had a single crash. I have mastered songs up to 12 minutes long (on iPad Air 2).

• Found some other compressors by searching the app database here at this site: Cornflower, NY, one by 4pockets... And the one by Kymatica! Completely forgot it was universal. Not all the bells and whistles of Grand Finale, but did the trick for me.

• I'm also still wondering about usable and really good mastering apps on iOS... miss my hardware TC Finalizer Express!

Grand Finale looks like it takes a similar simplistic approach... the great thing with the Finalizer was that it was absolutely impossible to get a wrong spectral balance on the master, even as a complete idiot. You didn't even need a reference track / spectrum analyzer to compare.

• Lurssen supports open in and exports to anything.