Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Digitone: Anyone have one?

Tell me about it.

Like many Elektron products the uses and videos are wide and varying.

I usually find our little community to be helpful, informed, and easy to relate to.

What are you using it for?

I guess the question I ask myself is this, is almost $800 for an FM synth worth it?

I mean, a Volca FM is like $150. I know, way different.

But, what makes the Digitone special?

I guess when you talk Digitone, I consider the alternative is grabbing a Neutron and Model D from Behringer for less money?

Not FM, I know.

But getting best bang for buck is a real concern for most.

So, I would love to hear about how the Digitone has such value versus its price point?

I am looking to potentially buy one but am digging into the research on this one now......

Thank you.

Comments

• edited January 2019

before there was digitize there was...

• Will you be using the Digitone’s sequencer, particularly with other gear? If not, and you’re mainly interested in an FM synth, have you looked at the Yamaha ReFace DX?

• edited January 2019

@kobamoto said:
    before there was digitize there was...

do you happen to own that DX200 groovebox ?
    it was a recently added to Patchbase, which might help a lot with it
    https://coffeeshopped.com/2019/01/before-digitone-there-was-dx200?utm_source=Coffeeshopped+Updates&utm_campaign=3c25059686-DX200_2019_01_18

• I’m not an expert so take this for what it’s worth. It reminds me of having the sounds of a bunch if ice gear synths in a box. The FM synthesis is implemented very well and really easy to wrap my head around. The sequencer is amazing. It plays really well my Digitakt.

Necessary? Not at all. But it’s one of my favorite synths, hard or soft.

• IMO it's fun box but it's not worth the asking price.

• 4 parts with total 8 voices - why???
    • simplified fm - can be a good thing, it's fast but limited...

You can get more out of DT sequencing Phasemaker or KQ Dx.
    But less is more sometimes.

• Came across this Digitone Jam recently and had to share. Some fantastic sounds coming out of it here. That Bass!

Miles also has some great Digitone tutorials on his channel. Worth checking out if you're at all interested in the Digitone: