Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OTish, Roland R-07 field recorder

Anybody have this little guy? I need a better recorder than the zoom mic iPhone combo I’m using currently and I’m seeing conflicting reviews online about this unit.

Looking for sound quality experiences

Comments

• Which zoom mic do you have? Out of curiosity, what was it you didn’t like about it?

• I have the iq6 and it’s okay sound quality but the build quality has me scared I’m gonna snap it. And as much as I dig the iPhone as field recorder I’m doing much less recording now than when I had an H4N , just something about Putting the mic in the phone and starting AudioShare has me less inspired.

• Basically it doesn’t function in the immediacy that I need from a pocket sized recorder. I have to
    Dig the zoom out of my pack and hook it up etc etc and often times the bird sound or w/e is gone by then

• Have you looked at the Zoom recorders? I’m interested in the H2 or H4n’s

• edited January 2019

@MonzoPro said:
    Have you looked at the Zoom recorders? I’m interested in the H2 or H4n’s

Yeah I have, but the R-07 is super pocketable, and thats what I wanted to be with my Iphone setup. buit mic flimsiness, set up time arent giving me the results I want with that. I had an H4N and it was great but backpack sized,not coat pocket sized like I am wanting. oftentimes by the time I pull out the H4N (and the IQ6) the coyotes have sensed me and stopped howling etc etc

• @Gaia.Tree said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Have you looked at the Zoom recorders? I’m interested in the H2 or H4n’s

Yeah I have, but the R-07 is super pocketable, and thats what I wanted to be with my Iphone setup. buit mic flimsiness, set up time arent giving me the results I want with that. I had an H4N and it was great but backpack sized,not coat pocket sized like I am wanting. oftentimes by the time I pull out the H4N (and the IQ6) the coyotes have sensed me and stopped howling etc etc

Ah right, haven’t seen one in the flesh. May get the H2n anyway which is cheaper and smaller.

• Yeah the H2N is the other one on my list to check out, but I have strictly owned Zoom products (I have a Zoom U44 for my audio interface, a Q2N for my camera, an IQ6 for my mic etc etc) and I love them and will always buy them but feel like branching out a bit. The r-07 also can bluetooth to my phone and be remote controlled, so I could set it up and walk away and control it wirelessly, which is pretty damn cool

• Ive gone ahead and purchased the Roland R-07, and will report back once i put it through its paces

• I had the R-07HR back when it was under the Edirol brand name. Nice little unit, only issues I kept running into was with handling noise. You need to be very still and not move your fingers on it much to avoid capturing that with the sensitive mics.

• @Tarekith said:
    I had the R-07HR back when it was under the Edirol brand name. Nice little unit, only issues I kept running into was with handling noise. You need to be very still and not move your fingers on it much to avoid capturing that with the sensitive mics.

Yeah handling noise is the devil. Ill be sure to watch that

• Rycote do suspension for handhelds... they do work well, and worth the money. Also think about a fluffy for wind protection, as wind over 4/5 mph will ruin your recording.

https://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/rycote-portable-recorder-suspension-688454.jpg