Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Lumbeat app [Reggae]

Comments

• edited January 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@fattigman said:
    OMG! Thanks mr @LuisMartinez this is all I need. Instabuy no matter te price.

HA! You were the first person I thought of when I heard of this announcement. I expect great things!!!!

@JohnnyGoodyear one of the reasons why I don’t produce so much music is that I struggle with programming drums (and also because I’m lazy 😅). This app is what I need to get me started. Until then it’s easier for me to create music like this 😊

• edited January 2019

@fattigman said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@fattigman said:

HA! You were the first person I thought of when I heard of this announcement. I expect great things!!!!

@JohnnyGoodyear one of the reasons why I don’t produce so much music is that I struggle with programming drums (and also because I’m lazy 😅). This app is what I need to get me started. Until then it’s easier for me to create music like this 😊

You are totally and ridiculously cool! Hold onto that if you can, it's not sprinkled on too many :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear one of the reasons why I don’t produce so much music is that I struggle with programming drums (and also because I’m lazy 😅). This app is what I need to get me started. Until then it’s easier for me to create music like this 😊

You are totally and ridiculously cool! Hold onto that if you can, it's not sprinkled on too many :)

Thanks a lot @JohnnyGoodyear :smile:

• @fattigman said:

Thanks a lot @JohnnyGoodyear :smile:

Yep, that made my day @fattigman!

• Yep, that made my day @fattigman!

Thanks @gusgranite 😊

• @fattigman Nice one, I'm dusting off my uke!

• @TheVimFuego way to go, I bring my uke everywhere. Thanks

• So it CAN be done. Very good Soundtestroom video shows Funk Drummer driving Troublemaker.

And I've got it working with Ruismaker.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@fattigman said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@fattigman said:

Yeah, so good! I like how you include your loved ones in your videos.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

Yeah, so good! I like how you include your loved ones in your videos.

Thank you very much 😊
    And sorry for hijacking this thread it wasn’t my intensions.

• @kobamoto said:
    the midi export is great, but I think the whole idea of exporting a loop or audio is that you want that predictability, that loop. Export Should be standard for a drum app. I own almost all of the other LB apps and those hoops you have to jump through just to export some audio is ridiculous in the most respectful, courteous, and charming way.

I think I get it after spending a few hours using the Drummers in Auria Pro, AUM and Cubasis. Then I looked into the history of threads on the apps. The MIDI Clock, LINK and Transport features are incredibly frustrating.

I think making a library of audio loops will be my answer to load up a drummer quickly but I would prefer hitting record in the daw and have the Apps behave predictably so I can tweak the BPM, save the MIDI and do a lot more.

The IAA implementation doesn't seem complete and AB3 is required. I can see why a lot of posters beg for LINK on their favorite apps to get a solid sync'ing mechanism.

For 2019 I'd like to see improved transport, start/stop and clock sync'ing for apps like these.

Maybe a developer can join in and explain why this is so difficult.
    Does Apple make it harder with a lack of standards for clocks and transports?

@richardyot offers the best advice for my use case:

For what it's worth I tend to export my Work In Progress arrangement out of Auria (without drums) and then use AUM in conjunction with Soft Drummer or Funk Drummer to create the drum arrangement - because AUM has Link it makes the sync much tighter and means it's much easier to create the parts. I can then record the arrangement in AUM and bring it back to Auria.

Link is rock solid in a way that IAA sync isn't.

• so this one dropped off?

• @RajahP said:
    so this one dropped off?

Nope, it's still coming...
    He posted a Coming Soon message on either Twitter or Instagram (can't remember which) over the weekend :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RajahP said:
    so this one dropped off?

Nope, it's still coming...
    He posted a Coming Soon message on either Twitter or Instagram (can't remember which) over the weekend :)

If this is anything like Future Drummer... Well..

Thanks..

• edited February 2019

Still waiting for this app

• @fattigman said:

February 29

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@fattigman said:

February 29

Thanks. February is longer than usual this year

• edited February 2019

I keep trying to make this joke and it keeps failing. And obviously the lesson here is...TRY HARDER TO MAKE THE JOKE!

• You sound exasperated.

• I feel seen.

• Nothing leaps out at me here.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I feel seen.

😁

• @fattigman said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@fattigman said:

February 29

As it’s reggae drummer, shouldn’t it be a day shorter, you know, Drop the One !

• @AndyPlankton said:

@fattigman said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@fattigman said:

February 29

As it’s reggae drummer, shouldn’t it be a day shorter, you know, Drop the One !

Hehe yes offcourse it should :lol:

• @fattigman said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@fattigman said:

February 29

Not on my calendar, it’s not a leap year.

• @dougdi said:

@fattigman said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@fattigman said:

February 29

@ExAsperis99 I feel your pain :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@dougdi said:

@fattigman said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@fattigman said:

February 29

I could use an extra Saturday or Sunday too

• @dougdi said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@dougdi said:

@fattigman said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@fattigman said:

February 29

I could use an extra Saturday or Sunday too

And less Mondays :D

• I've got Brazilian drummer, Afro Cuban and the metronome apps. They're a blast to play along to as a bass guitarist.

• prob getting the audio export just right