Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Ultimate Battery Monologue

As told to me by my friend @McDtracy in answer to my concerns about battery drain on the Pro2:

"I think it's normal. The processor is alive. If you put it in airplane mode (turning off the networking connections) it will use less power. If you turn the whole iPad off it will save that battery state until you want it. Charging everyday or at least every other day is normal for these types of devices. They are getting close to desktops for CPU processing power and that move electrons just to be "on". Scanning Wi-Fi and Bluetooth networks consumes more. When the display is lite there's a big need for power. and then asking the CPU to make the magic happen it's fast.

They want the battery to be as small as possible to keep the iPad weight down so it's a tradeoff with the amount of time you can go without the power tether. I'd just get in the habit of plugging it in over night and consider a battery unit for long trips."

Thank you, McD. After my death rant on Davepoo's thread you brought me back to my senses!

Comments

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thank you, McD. After my death rant on Davepoo's thread

****APPLAUSE****

They’re still going nuts!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thank you, McD. After my death rant on Davepoo's thread you brought me back to my senses!

@Linearlineman: You know these powers we call senses are flawed and present the illusion of "reality" or "knowledge". Good to have you back anyway. Life is still good. iPad Pro and Kawaii 11SE into Mackie Speakers? Very good, indeed. But feel free to complain anyway.

I live with someone that believes anything she can think of could have been included in the product. They just didn't think of it yet.
    Idiots. "Why don't they ask before making this stuff?"

I don't like "Why" questions as a rule.

When you don't know what's possible, you ask for the impossible and maybe trigger the creation of the thing you seek.

Now... what about the unintended consequences.

Tradeoffs. Learn to live with them. There's often a good reason why something isn't in the products design.

Using IOS is a tradeoff. A really good one.

• @McDtracy, I did a hard reset and still at 100% ten hours later. Could it make a difference?