Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video Demo..GrooveMaker 2, This Is very fast and very slick

I like grooveboxes of all types, this is one of the most entertaining, mainly because of the glitchless transitions and sound

Comments

• Great video, @thesoundtestroom… Did you mention in the vid that you can now import your own samples? That's a major upgrade for me & the new feature that puts this on the must buy list!

I'm planning on picking GM2 up at some point, but I'm waaay over budget on apps… Waiting to get Lemur in early Jan… and then going to spread things out for a while. LOL

• Hey Doug there seems to be a bug, I am using iPAD Air and when I try to slide to access the hidden panel on the left I am not able to do so.
    Anyone else experiencing this problem.

• Works for me

• @JuniorPops yeah same problem. I scratch and claw at it till it decides to open, but seems to work better if you press and hold for a brief moment first... sometimes.

• @smeeeth doesn't work at all for me.

• Yeah its a bit tricky but once you suss it out it works fine, OK so you have get it in exactly the right spot, which is in between the drag bar and the loop blogs, its not a big area, try more on the loop block side, not the edge of the screen, work better at first with a stylus but I can do it every time now.

I think a lot of people will have a problem with this so I guess IK will fix it soon.

And yeah I forgot to mention you can import your own loops

• That's something they got to fix ASAP. It should be much easier than that to do.

• Yeah I agree, especially since its a live performance tool, I do really like this, I love the seemless transitions even when going really fast, the IAP's are a bit pricey but at least you can pick and choose each individual song within each pack, plus some very nice rhythms can be achieved by using just the percussion randomizer, so you could record live into Audiobus and then add as you like.

• How easy is the user loop importing? And can you categorize user loops in the same ways (synth/drums seem to play from the same loop square, but can be soloed?)

• +1
    Doug,maybe you can show how easy it is to add your own loops from audiopaste or from audiobus ? Not interested in the IAP for those tracks but I wonder if it can be used with all your own loops to create a structure. Also , what is the lowest BPM it can go to?

• I contacted IK about the tab issue, they are aware of it and it would be fixed in next update as soon as the App Store open

• IK has uploaded a fix for iPad Air on App Store to address issue users having with the left side tab, it's not a 100% fix but it's much better. Still a pain to open the left side tab on iPad Air. Hope there would be a proper fix when the iPad version comes out.

• I'd like to know about the sample import function, and how to do it….. I am not talking about audio bus. is there another way to import samples?

Doug Doug Doug where are you at, or can anybody else answer this question?

• @kobamoto I not sure but I don't think you can import your own samples, you have to buy IK's samples

• Oh hang in I will check it out

• You can import your own samples but you have to buy the feature as an IAP, I dint have it so .i cant say how it works

• thanks for chiming in Doug, I don't see audio import as an iap on my iTunes in the states

• Its inside the app, go to menu then from there store, or hit the loop button and the import button will apear at the bottom right, hit that and the option to go to the store will come up

• ok thanks, will do

• edited August 2014

@kobamoto please let me know how you get on

• Had no problem importing a sample (from audiopaste) seemed to cut it down somewhat, but there may be a way to define the length.

• yes found out how the import works, apparently it's free for the $5.99 that they are charging right now for the app, no need to make an additional purchase.

one question though Doug, silly as this sounds I can't for the life of me figure out how to start a blank session, where should i be looking for the 'new song' command it's not under the song tab in the upper left hand corner?

• and also is there a way to erase/delete all the samples?

• I'll check tomorrow first thing

• It feels almost there/useful. Maybe just needs a manual. The simple stuff like 'New Song' eludes me unless they don't really want you to do this but stay more internal etc.

• thanks Doug I appreciate it!

• Doug what happened with groove maker?

• You may be able to delete the internal samples with iFunbox, I will check the new song thing later, just a bit busy the last few days, sorry man, I will get in it though and check, I'll have to re install

• I cant find anything about a blank session either, I guess you have to use use one if their templates