Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone find Lightning to USB-C adapter that will allow me to use my earbuds on the 2018 iPad Pros?

Don't want to take chances and order any ole one.

Comments

• edited December 2018

No deal, I guess. It's a proprietary Apple standard and the market would be rather small. I don't think it's even possible, technically, at least not without a huge effort. Apple did it again, cutting out companies and customers going along with their interfaces. As it happened with the 30-pin sockets on previous models. At least you can use everything USB now (USB 1+2 with another adapter, a little clumsy). There should be plenty of offers for small adapters with standard headphone out.
    Or you get something Bluetooth (not for music apps, beware of latency). Something better and bigger with inputs like Zoom U22 would be another option.

• @Max_Free said:
    No deal, I guess. It's a proprietary Apple standard and the market would be rather small. I don't think it's even possible, technically, at least not without a huge effort. Apple did it again, cutting out companies and customers going along with their interfaces. As it happened with the 30-pin sockets on previous models. At least you can use everything USB now (USB 1+2 with another adapter, a little clumsy). There should be plenty of offers for small adapters with standard headphone out.
    Or you get something Bluetooth (not for music apps, beware of latency). Something better and bigger with inputs like Zoom U22 would be another option.

Woah, had no idea. Was hoping to find a tiny lightning female to usb-c adapter imagining that would be all I needed. Thanks for the info.!

• Just to follow up, I found this Apple adapter and so far it seems to work fine (and is somehow not gougily priced!):
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K25P3N1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• edited January 2019

@gkillmaster said:
    Just to follow up, I found this Apple adapter and so far it seems to work fine (and is somehow not gougily priced!):
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K25P3N1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the feedback, good to know such a thing does exist.
    I hope Apple wakes up soon and gives us back the connectivity people living in the real world need, not only on iDevices but on Macbooks too. Been holding back my MBP purchase too long already... :D

• @rs2000 said:

@gkillmaster said:
    Just to follow up, I found this Apple adapter and so far it seems to work fine (and is somehow not gougily priced!):

Thanks for the feedback, good to know such a thing does exist.
    I hope Apple wakes up soon and gives us back the connectivity people living in the real world need, not only on iDevices but on Macbooks too. Been holding back my MBP purchase too long already... :D

Still incomprehensible. Why call it "Pro" if you can have the most basic and useful ports.. I feel a little resentful that we have to buy elaborate dongles at all in this price range... :(

• Ha, well the iPad itself is definitely more pro now that it has USB-C.

what isn't pro is that Apple made those crappy lightning earbuds. Those were a bad idea if you ask me. and now, they don't even work with the latest iPad Pro (without a weird dongle adapter, anyway glad you found something that works).

If I were in your shoes I would toss the lightning earbuds, buy the standard 3.5mm Apple USB-C adapter, and use some real headphones or earbuds.