Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iSynPoly updated (finally!) with Effects (1/ synth(x3) +Drum Machine(x1))+Audiobus+IAA compatibility

That was one of the first (awesome) synths i bought - and ultimately reluctantly deleted for lack of virtual MIDI (or any sort of integration).. But other than that it was great. It's from VirSyn, and boasts 3 powerful, thick, rich sounding 3 oscillator virtual analogue [1 poly, 2 mono] fully programmable synths, with modulation routing and a five param control matrix (inc. XY pad, tilt sensors, key velocity and mod wheel) and a Drum Machine, as well as a 4 channel piano roll Sequencer that can record and edit notes and parameters automation... And chain patterns of variable lengths into songs, both exportable as Midi files.. What else? Unlimited undo.. Copy/Paste.. And.. that's enough from me (that's as much frantic blabber as my initial excitement at seeing it got finally updated will get me through...)

Comments

• Oh, and the link (this time i got no excuse, sitting deep in my armchair... No bumps anywhere in sight) https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/isyn-poly/id443141370?l=en&mt=8

• I've always been intrigued by this synth...is it worth buying after the update?

• Do you really want me to answer (or someone else less excited about the update..)?

It's a VirSyn Synth, if you have any of their other synths, that should tell you of the quality of their apps (iVoxel, Addictive Synth, iHarmony.. I have all their apps, and personally regret buying none - not even that one, even though i ended up abandoning it when i couldn't use it easily with other apps) I think they really know how to build awsome synths - they have been doing that well and consistently for a while.. - the interface was appealling to me when i wanted to learn a but more seriously synthesis principles because they're all pretty much on the same page, they're clear, logically placed, and easy to follow if you're watching tutorials conducted on different / hardware synths.. But the sounds you can get out of it are still of the most interesting ones to date, to my taste. Also, the sequencer can record automation of parameters.. And sequence patterns in interesting (unaligned) ways. I think - i have the funny feeling i'm forgetting one other thing... I'll post if i remember it.. Hope that helped. If you've got specific things you'd like to know of it, that'd make your decision easier - shoot.. Cheers! (Oh, and i haven't had the opportunity to thank you for some of the good soundfonts you've posted elswhere; i downloaded most of them and liked them very much. Thx)

• Thanks! I expected a yes answer from you but was also curious about others thoughts.

Your welcome, in regards to the SoundFonts, I merely compiled and grouped them, I didn't create them myself : ) I hated have to search here, there and everywhere digging through mediocre and crap sf's

• I've been curious about this as well and wondered why it wasn't updated for AB, since the Virsyn apps had been. I'll have to see if St. Nick drops off some iTunes cards.

• edited December 2013

...and still no updates for the broken IAA of Cube and Addicitve in Cubasis.Sucks.

• edited December 2013

doublepost

• @JMSexton i remember the thing i had in mind about that synth : polyphonic LFO switch, even on the 2 mono synths is a feature i really like about that app. I don't think i've seen that in any other synth (i beleive i have them all except epic synth..). It enables every note in a chord, every key, to have it's own LFO - combine this with the unquantized keyboard (turning it off with the 'Q' that sits on the keyboard's upper bar in every virsyn synth) makes great 'syncopated' modulations when you slide your fingers unevenly after hitting a chord..

• Thanks for the news! There was a bug with saving songs which really annoyed me.

• edited December 2013

Is there a settings menu in iSyn a Poly. I'm having trouble with my keyboard controller playing sounds from anything other than mono 1. Other than that, it's pretty cool. I really like the drum machine. 17 kits, and automation of velocity and xy pads.

• Can you add in you own drum kits ?

• Not that I'm aware of @Dave Magoo.

• Now on sale for half price.

• @mgmg4871 to change synths with the midi controller. You need to set your controller to midi channel 1 to 4.

• Not sure how to do that on one controller. Why would they make it difficult?

• Are you trying to play more than one bank at the same time? If not, just switch the channel as needed.

I gather that you have to run through AB the get background audio on....or did I miss a setting somewhere?

• edited December 2013

In iPoly Syn there are 4 modes, mono1, mono2, poly, and drums. If I play in mono1, all is good. If I switch to mono2or poly, the mono1 sounds still play on my controller, but change on the internal keyboard.

• I just noticed this has various parameters assignable to the iPads tilt, wiggle the iPad = insta dubstep. And we all love dubstep. By the way, this thing can really rattle the subs. :)

• I misunderstood. I thought you were using a controller to control iPoly, but it sounds like you're using iPoly to control another synth...right? In that case, I think you need to change the synth midi channel. You could use four different synths set to channels 1-4 for each voice, or create split points in MidiBridge, or use something like bs-16i or Sampletank so you have multiple channels in the same app.

• edited December 2013

Lol. No funjunkie, I'm using a midi controller keyboard to control iPoly Syn.

• @funjunkie Do you have iPoly?

• Some confusion methinks between the controller app iPoly and this app... iSynPoly?

• Curious though...if I have Addictive and Cube...why would I buy this?

• edited December 2013

@SpookyZoo said:

Curious though...if I have Addictive and Cube...why would I buy this?

This is a VA synth. Addictive and Cube is additive/wavetable synthesis. They sound nothing alike. Sound wise I'd compare this one more to iMini, or Sunrizer (without all the exotic filters etc in Sunrizer). It's capable of some really smooth low freq stuff. And is just a great sounding VA in general.

• Because you're addicted, like most of us?

• Yea, and it's on sale.. ...

• @ChrisG When you switch from mono1 to poly, and play on your midi keyboard, does the sounds change to the poly sounds? Thanks

• @mgmg4871 haha..guilty!

@ChrisG ...Of course. My D'oh moment for the day! :) So it rattles the subs eh? Interesting. That quirky LFO trick mentioned sounds cool too.

• I have iSyn Poly. Just got it yesterday, so by no means an authority. That is what we're talking about...right? I think each mode is hard coded to receive midi channel 1-4, from left to right. If so, the controller needs to change, and will play the assigned synth regardless of what screen is showing. That's the impression I got using StepPolyArp with it.

• @mgmg4871 My midi keyboard sends out midi CCs all over the place. I fried it some time back. Need to get a new one, but haven't been able to decide on any keyboard yet. Basically all mobile for the time being. :)