Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

For Sample Based Hip Hop Production Which Is Better?: Beatmaker 3 vs Nanstudio 2 vs Cubasis

Comments

• edited January 2019

@MarkySo It is very tricky with those pros/cons list. Many things which are neutral for one user, are crucial for other user. One would not mention them, other puts them on first places in + / - list :)
    All those apps are very complex and contains tons of features (ok, except of sighCubasissign here i agree with @AudioGus - but look there is @Paa89 who is perfectly ok with using Cubasis for making beats - so, it's very very subjective topic).

If you are not on budget, you should probably try all of them and found your own way :-) At the end all iOS DAWs (at least their basic installation without IAPs) are cheap as f*ck. You can for basic price of single desktop DAW buy almost all available iOS DAWs :)))
    I learned for years in iOS music making (i'm full iOS only since 2011 ;)) that there are many many different ways how to do same thing and none of them is superior to others - everybody prefers different workflow.

If you ARE on budget, then you should probably ask yourself why you don't want stick with BM2 (which you mentioned you used). Ask yourself "What i am missing in BM2 ?"- not "Which other daw i should use?".
    Then do search for optimal solution to fill your gaps, to keep you workflow smooth and inspirative - because i think this is what is important in first place - if the way how you use apps for making music is not smooth and intuitive, you will be never creative, you will just mess around here and there, make some loops, patterns - but you NEVER actually finish whole track. It's not always only about checked list of features, it's how about you FEEL during making music - regarding features there are always workarounds and different approaches.

• @AudioGus said:

@MarkySo said:

@AudioGus said:

@dendy said:

@gusgranite said:
    @Max23 @dendy - but are you making 'sample based hip hop production' as that's what the OP is asking and BM3 seems like the best fit for that task on iOS, I reckon.

Because he wrote this in first post:

I'm kind of leaning more on Nanostudio 2 and Cubasis because Beatmaker 3 has an interface I find annoying. I also considered going back to beatmaker 2 which is one of the app I started with.

But then the subject does say 'Beatmaker 3 vs Nanstudio 2 vs Cubasis' so...

...imho, use any and all but be sure to give BM3 an honest shake and at least try to get over the hump especially for hiphop. I find I can get the best results in BM3 but yes at times it takes more work. But if you are honestly thinking 'production' and not 'hobby' I mean, sheeit dawg etc. Go BM3. Is NS2 more fun and easier? sure but so is playing video games and eating chicken wings. BM3 is overall way more capable for the genre hands down. But yah there are a couple extra taps (particularly with AU instruments embedded on pads/sigh) and the automation is clunky as hell and even balls out buggy/ kinda broken compared to NS2. But yah for me it is either 'all BM3', or 'BM3 for making kits and clips for Slate in NS2'. Just don't forgo the raw power of BM3 completely.

What in your opinion are the strengths of Nansotudio 2 and also Cubasis? I get from what most of you are saying is that BM3 is best for sampling and that it's best I try to learn it and try to overcome the learning curves that come with the app. With that said I was just wondering what are the benefits of the other two apps?

Also do you think if Nanostudio 2 gets audio tracks and sample chopping it would be able to compete with BM3 when it comes to sampling?

Nanostudio2
    Pros
    -fast and smooth midi workflow
    -Fast and smooth automation.
    -ui navigation is lovely with minor niggles that I imagine will be fixed or not eh, its awesome
    -it is very optimised and setting up macros for AUs, while a a small bump/hurdle I think pays off with faster and more efficient performance than regular AU automation in most hosts
    -very nice for midi out. I like using my laptop/vsts as sound modules.

Cons
    -no AUfx automation, eek! Fix!
    -this is personal/subjective but people rave about Obsidian but it just doesnt do it for me and i have not heard much from it to really float my boat. I stick with Synthmaster One and Aparillo primarily. Sure they eat the cpu but that is why I have a cpu.
    -Slate is... ok but limited. Not too thrilled by it. it does not allow you to select ranges of wav files, you are forced to trim. Ugh, primitive! Exporting from BM3 to NS2 has been ok and is really the only way I can use slate, zero patience for that audio editor.
    -slate does not have export tracks per pad like BM3 which instantly puts it in the hobbiest slot to me. (Really? Solo/export/solo/export/solo/export/solo/export etc etc like it is 2012? ;) )
    -No internal recording of AUs etc, only line in, AB support coming one day though
    -Mixdown timeouts. I am having tons of issues with doing mixdowns with AUs but have not heard nearly as much complaining about this from others. Maybe it is something i do that is wonky? This has actually been my biggest con.

Audiotracks?
    -will have to wait and see. Anything is possible and I have learned not to get my hopes up for this on iOS (...). Track freezing may/should be nice cause dayum my AUs eat a lot of CPU! ;) )

BM3
    Pros

-That sampler is a powerhouse for me. People rave about the slicer but I mostly just copy and paste pads and modify ranges of the wav each time but yes the slicer is good too of course. Transient detection is nice for small jobs but the real goods for me is dropping in a 10-20min wav of just previously mucking around with stream of conciousness sounds and external fx as a starting point for sampler modulation etc. Yum yum so good. Also for real cool drums (not that I have achieved this yet) you need the layering and routing potential of BM3 for sure. Can’t just drop stock sample libraries in and leave em at that. Gotta tweak and polish those bits. All those per pad/per layer tweakables? Insane!
    -mixer and routing for plaback and recording kick ass
    -export per pad is beyond awesome.
    -file structure and perks (zip, dropbox etc) is baller

Cons

-UGH!! Splitting patterns on the timeline kills automation. Merging patterns kills automation! UGH! This is actually what I think I love doing most in NS2.
    -automation has bugs with automation ranges being displayed improperly.
    -audio tracks are somewhat bare bones. Could use classic fade in/out, level, start/end controls on audio clips.
    -more flat out crashes or audio deaths than any other anything I have used on iOS. Much better than it was but can still get a couple in a bad hour on a bad day.
    -AUs on pads probably makes things a little clunkier than they should be. Should just have the option for an AU track. Would reduce overall tappage

Cubasis

Pros-
    -simple and easy

Cons-
    -too simple

Anyway, ramble ramble...

Very interesting posting!
    Full quote on purpose.

• Skram is the ultimate ios daw.

• edited January 2019

@dendy said:
    @MarkySo It is very tricky with those pros/cons list. Many things which are neutral for one user, are crucial for other user. One would not mention them, other puts them on first places in + / - list :)
    All those apps are very complex and contains tons of features (ok, except of sighCubasissign here i agree with @AudioGus - but look there is @Paa89 who is perfectly ok with using Cubasis for making beats - so, it's very very subjective topic).

If you are not on budget, you should probably try all of them and found your own way :-) At the end all iOS DAWs (at least their basic installation without IAPs) are cheap as f*ck. You can for basic price of single desktop DAW buy almost all available iOS DAWs :)))
    I learned for years in iOS music making (i'm full iOS only since 2011 ;)) that there are many many different ways how to do same thing and none of them is superior to others - everybody prefers different workflow.

If you ARE on budget, then you should probably ask yourself why you don't want stick with BM2 (which you mentioned you used). Ask yourself "What i am missing in BM2 ?"- not "Which other daw i should use?".
    Then do search for optimal solution to fill your gaps, to keep you workflow smooth and inspirative - because i think this is what is important in first place - if the way how you use apps for making music is not smooth and intuitive, you will be never creative, you will just mess around here and there, make some loops, patterns - but you NEVER actually finish whole track. It's not always only about checked list of features, it's how about you FEEL during making music - regarding features there are always workarounds and different approaches.

I think a lot of this is about goals too which is just as highly individual and subjective. Not everyone simply just needs to FEEL good making ‘whole tracks’.

If a person is commited and has a solid goal then maybe they could and should be prepared to endure some hoops / discomforts to achieving them. For example, Lord knows my day job in graphics would FEEL a hell of a lot better if I could just do it on the couch painting in Procreate but alas I need to also incorporate / Frankenstein a process using a half dozen programs to get the job done properly with the best results in the end. It may be the same for peoples music needs and how they intend to ipad up their process.

Also, in this age of audio libraries, licensing and ‘placements’ (particularly with hip hop / beatmaking) peoples goals may specificly be to just do a few loops/patterns/bars with the best audio production/engineering possible for the purposes of licensing them out or handing them off, as being one of many contributing to a larger production. One persons bag of eight bar loops is another persons job well done.

• edited January 2019

@AudioGus ok, valid arguments, cannot disagree.

For example, Lord knows my day job in graphics would FEEL a hell of a lot better if I could just do it on the couch painting in Procreate but alas I need to also incorporate / Frankenstein a process using a half dozen programs to get the job done properly with the best results in the end. It may be the same for peoples music needs and how they intend to ipad up their process.

Yes, got the point. For me it is different - if i get "connected" with app UI, if i feel comfortable, if it resonates with my workflow - it inspires me, it works like fuel for my creativity - then i can forgive lack of some features or need of some workarounds using other tools/apps - that feeling like "i'm home here, that UI is super well tuned to my brain" is most important for me. Features are still added, updates are coming one after one - but usually overall App workflow, how it's UI reacts, basic principles of app UI - that is something which does not change. It stays same no matter of how much new features is added (until next app major version, which might make things better or also worse)

• @Paa89 said:

@MarkySo said:

@AudioGus said:

@dendy said:

@gusgranite said:
    @Max23 @dendy - but are you making 'sample based hip hop production' as that's what the OP is asking and BM3 seems like the best fit for that task on iOS, I reckon.

I'm kind of leaning more on Nanostudio 2 and Cubasis because Beatmaker 3 has an interface I find annoying. I also considered going back to beatmaker 2 which is one of the app I started with.

...imho, use any and all but be sure to give BM3 an honest shake and at least try to get over the hump especially for hiphop. I find I can get the best results in BM3 but yes at times it takes more work. But if you are honestly thinking 'production' and not 'hobby' I mean, sheeit dawg etc. Go BM3. Is NS2 more fun and easier? sure but so is playing video games and eating chicken wings. BM3 is overall way more capable for the genre hands down. But yah there are a couple extra taps (particularly with AU instruments embedded on pads/sigh) and the automation is clunky as hell and even balls out buggy/ kinda broken compared to NS2. But yah for me it is either 'all BM3', or 'BM3 for making kits and clips for Slate in NS2'. Just don't forgo the raw power of BM3 completely.

What in your opinion are the strengths of Nansotudio 2 and also Cubasis? I get from what most of you are saying is that BM3 is best for sampling and that it's best I try to learn it and try to overcome the learning curves that come with the app. With that said I was just wondering what are the benefits of the other two apps?

Also do you think if Nanostudio 2 gets audio tracks and sample chopping it would be able to compete with BM3 when it comes to sampling?

The reasons why I’d choose Cubasis is the GUI, stability and ease to use.
    Everting you need while producing is right in front of you.
    You have the wave plugins you could purchase as IAP and are fantastic.
    Love the keyboard layout and the Chord option.not like in BM3 where you are stuck with one chord.in Cubasis, you can choose different chords to be played on the pads.
    Or even use the numbers above the keyboard to make up your own chords (how brilliant is that 😍)
    I could go on and on about Cubasis.the piano Roll is just so beautiful.the colours in Cubasis help me keep my eyes on the screen.while with other iOS daws it’s hard to focus on the screen at night because of the dark skin some of them chose.
    I know the lack of real send tracks is a bit of a pain, but hey, music ain’t all about send tracks.you could definitely work around that.(I hope one day an update comes it)
    The mixer channel is just one tap, and opens up under your tracks; meaning you can see you tracks while messing with the faders and gives you a better tracking option in my opinion.for example, if you want to automate the volume of a track, you can see exactly where you want the automation to be recorded.while in BM3 you’d have to look at the mini screen next to the transport bar.
    For hip hop Beats, have a look at my instagram.this is a beat I made entirely in Cubasis using Zeeon, SynthMaster Player and AudioLayer for my drums and 808bass.

For sampling, Cubasis in my opinion combined with AudioLayer you could get almost the same out come you’d get in BM3.just a little bit long.
    Let me explain
    1 Get your sample, chop it up on the Cubasis timeline, time stretch them to the project tempo, change the pitch if you like and save every chop to media bay.
    2 Then load AudioLayer as an AU instrument.
    3 Go to Cubasis media bay and look for the sample chops you just saved, click on the share option and choose AudioCopy.
    4 Then go into AudioLayer and choose import sample, it will import the one you just uploaded to The pasteboard.
    5 Set the key/s you want the sample to play on. for example, first chop on c3
    6 Create a new layer in AudioLayer for the next chop.so you can be able to mess with the pitch, Lfo and the envelops of each chop.
    Just redo the from step 3 to 6 for all the chops and that’s it.
    You can now use builtin in effects for each layer.
    Or just duplicate the AudioLayer tracks if you want to use Au effects each chop.
    If you want to choke some samples, all you have to do is set the layers the samples are in to mono in AudioLayer
    BM3 is still a beast tho.i use it from Time to time.
    Can’t speak for NannoStudio I don’t own it.
    If I could go back to when I purchased Cubasis I would do it again.

Interesting, I'll keep this sort of work flow in mind if I get Cubasis 2. Thanks a lot for sharing this info man, for real!

I appreciate it!

• @AudioGus said:

@MarkySo said:

@AudioGus said:

@dendy said:

@gusgranite said:

Nanostudio2
    Pros
    -fast and smooth midi workflow
    -Fast and smooth automation.
    -ui navigation is lovely with minor niggles that I imagine will be fixed or not eh, its awesome
    -it is very optimised and setting up macros for AUs, while a a small bump/hurdle I think pays off with faster and more efficient performance than regular AU automation in most hosts
    -very nice for midi out. I like using my laptop/vsts as sound modules.

Cons
    -no AUfx automation, eek! Fix!
    -this is personal/subjective but people rave about Obsidian but it just doesnt do it for me and i have not heard much from it to really float my boat. I stick with Synthmaster One and Aparillo primarily. Sure they eat the cpu but that is why I have a cpu.
    -Slate is... ok but limited. Not too thrilled by it. it does not allow you to select ranges of wav files, you are forced to trim. Ugh, primitive! Exporting from BM3 to NS2 has been ok and is really the only way I can use slate, zero patience for that audio editor.
    -slate does not have export tracks per pad like BM3 which instantly puts it in the hobbiest slot to me. (Really? Solo/export/solo/export/solo/export/solo/export etc etc like it is 2012? ;) )
    -No internal recording of AUs etc, only line in, AB support coming one day though
    -Mixdown timeouts. I am having tons of issues with doing mixdowns with AUs but have not heard nearly as much complaining about this from others. Maybe it is something i do that is wonky? This has actually been my biggest con.

Audiotracks?
    -will have to wait and see. Anything is possible and I have learned not to get my hopes up for this on iOS (...). Track freezing may/should be nice cause dayum my AUs eat a lot of CPU! ;) )

BM3
    Pros

-That sampler is a powerhouse for me. People rave about the slicer but I mostly just copy and paste pads and modify ranges of the wav each time but yes the slicer is good too of course. Transient detection is nice for small jobs but the real goods for me is dropping in a 10-20min wav of just previously mucking around with stream of conciousness sounds and external fx as a starting point for sampler modulation etc. Yum yum so good. Also for real cool drums (not that I have achieved this yet) you need the layering and routing potential of BM3 for sure. Can’t just drop stock sample libraries in and leave em at that. Gotta tweak and polish those bits. All those per pad/per layer tweakables? Insane!
    -mixer and routing for plaback and recording kick ass
    -export per pad is beyond awesome.
    -file structure and perks (zip, dropbox etc) is baller

Cons

-UGH!! Splitting patterns on the timeline kills automation. Merging patterns kills automation! UGH! This is actually what I think I love doing most in NS2.
    -automation has bugs with automation ranges being displayed improperly.
    -audio tracks are somewhat bare bones. Could use classic fade in/out, level, start/end controls on audio clips.
    -more flat out crashes or audio deaths than any other anything I have used on iOS. Much better than it was but can still get a couple in a bad hour on a bad day.
    -AUs on pads probably makes things a little clunkier than they should be. Should just have the option for an AU track. Would reduce overall tappage

Cubasis

Pros-
    -simple and easy

Cons-
    -too simple

Anyway, ramble ramble...

Thanks a lot for your info as well man and no you're not rambling, what you said I really appreciate. However what do you mean when you say the con of cubasis is that it's too simple? Isn't that a good thing lol, especially when it comes to creating.

• @dendy said:

You're right man, ultimately it's all subjective. Thanks a lot for your input.

Thinking about it the thing I'm missing from BM2 is synthesis and also the newer features a lot of the current DAW in ios have. For instance, BM3 even has a better time stretch then BM2 for instance. BM2 is just simply not as powerful as I would like though it gets the job done and is still a very good app.

I am some what on a budget and dont want to pay for apps I wont use as I did in the past, especially since that money can go towards new gear so I guess it's best I do what you said and look at the different features to see what I want and don't want as well as what work flow would keep me inspired but also get the job done effectively.

• @MarkySo said:
    Thanks a lot for your info as well man and no you're not rambling, what you said I really appreciate. However what do you mean when you say the con of cubasis is that it's too simple? Isn't that a good thing lol, especially when it comes to creating.

Well for me the ‘too simple’ is some of the basic little things like not being able to rearrange AUfx... At least I think that is still not a thing. Another is being limited to timestretch and pitchshifting when it should also have basic linear interpolation (ie just speed change), vital for beats. Maybe Audiolayer helps out in some ways but not even being able to raise the volume of an audio clip beyond its maximum volume, oh heck I will just post this for the sixth time... ;)

• @AudioGus said:

@MarkySo said:

Well for me the ‘too simple’ is some of the basic little things like not being able to rearrange AUfx... At least I think that is still not a thing. Another is being limited to timestretch and pitchshifting when it should also have basic linear interpolation (ie just speed change), vital for beats. Maybe Audiolayer helps out in some ways but not even being able to raise the volume of an audio clip beyond its maximum volume, oh heck I will just post this for the sixth time... ;)

Wow that makes a lot of sense and thanks for the video break down but I'm kinda new to all this so I'm not familiar with the term linear interpolation. What do you mean by linear interpretation? What would Linear interpolation look line in cubasis?. Just the ability to change speed by options like x2, x3 and etc? Can you give me a basic ideal Gus.

• @MarkySo said:

@AudioGus said:

@MarkySo said:

Wow that makes a lot of sense and thanks for the video break down but I'm kinda new to all this so I'm not familiar with the term linear interpolation. What do you mean by linear interpretation? What would Linear interpolation look line in cubasis?. Just the ability to change speed by options like x2, x3 and etc? Can you give me a basic ideal Gus.

Linear interpolation is like when you adjust ‘tune’ in beatmaker 3 without ‘live stretch on’. It would be nice if Cubasis would let you adjust the length of a clip like this.

• Good, thoughtful posts in this thread imo. :+1: @MarkySo Count yourself as lucky as these comparison threads often devolve into an absolutely useless mess!

@MarkySo said:
    Wow that makes a lot of sense and thanks for the video break down but I'm kinda new to all this so I'm not familiar with the term linear interpolation.

While I generally agree with @dendy's point about all of these DAWs being relative cheap so just get them all and see what works for you, I actually disagree that this is what you should do right now. Not because of the cost but because of option paralysis.

Since you're kinda new to all of this, I'd suggest that you completely ignore sorting out stuff like linear interpolation and nerdy bits like it! That will all come in time. Instead: use Garageband (free!) and just bang out some beats using the features it offers. Though not the app I'd chose as my desert island beat making app by any stretch it is an absolutely capable app. Once you've made a few beats with it you will have a much better idea of what you're missing/wanting from a beat making app. At that point, consider your expansion options as very well illustrated in this thread.

In terrible-analogy terms.. A lot of the features/shortcomings discussed in this thread are subjects for "Flying 401". Pilots discussing very real cockpit features/shortcomings that make a meaningful difference to commercial airline pilots while you're asking about the best way to get up in the air and land safely! Even if commercial piloting is your goal, until you feel comfortable taking off, soaring and landing, opinions about various altimeter features are kind of pointless — or at least considerably less useful to you until you have an idea of what you're looking for in your perfect altimeter. For now, just enjoy the magic of flight.

• edited January 2019

@syrupcore said:
    Good, thoughtful posts in this thread imo. :+1: @MarkySo Count yourself as lucky as these comparison threads often devolve into an absolutely useless mess!

@MarkySo said:
    Wow that makes a lot of sense and thanks for the video break down but I'm kinda new to all this so I'm not familiar with the term linear interpolation.

While I generally agree with @dendy's point about all of these DAWs being relative cheap so just get them all and see what works for you, I actually disagree that this is what you should do right now. Not because of the cost but because of option paralysis.

Since you're kinda new to all of this, I'd suggest that you completely ignore sorting out stuff like linear interpolation and nerdy bits like it! That will all come in time. Instead: use Garageband (free!) and just bang out some beats using the features it offers. Though not the app I'd chose as my desert island beat making app by any stretch it is an absolutely capable app. Once you've made a few beats with it you will have a much better idea of what you're missing/wanting from a beat making app. At that point, consider your expansion options as very well illustrated in this thread.

In terrible-analogy terms.. A lot of the features/shortcomings discussed in this thread are subjects for "Flying 401". Pilots discussing very real cockpit features/shortcomings that make a meaningful difference to commercial airline pilots while you're asking about the best way to get up in the air and land safely! Even if commercial piloting is your goal, until you feel comfortable taking off, soaring and landing, opinions about various altimeter features are kind of pointless — or at least considerably less useful to you until you have an idea of what you're looking for in your perfect altimeter. For now, just enjoy the magic of flight.

Yah I do agree if someone is just exploring to get an idea of what they even want to be making then a good walled garden ala GB or even Gadget (but eh, not cheap really) is a good start but the subject does specificly say ‘Sample Based’. If this were desktop I would say get Reaper for free, a bunch of free vsts and just start chopping, slicing and stretching/pitching etc.

• edited January 2019

@AudioGus said:

@MarkySo said:

I completely understand your point @AudioGus and, I would also love some new pro features in Cubasis.but, let’s not forget that we are just on version 2.7
    Most of the features you showed in the video were definitely added to the DAw after sometime.
    Intua had to redesign their app from scratch in other to add some new features.so did the creators of Auria Pro, if I’m not mistaken.
    While Steinberg in my opinion wants to maintain the current app and gradually find ways to improve and implement features.
    I believe @LFS and Steinberg have plans to make the app great
    Let’s just give it time to grow😊

• @MarkySo said:

@Eschatone said:
    If I were starting fresh, I’d probably start with Stagelight ...and Nanostudio 2.. Cubasis 2 is great for what it is and was my goto daw when I got into iOS production, but it has been surpassed in nearly every area since then.
    I actually enjoy using quite a handful of different daws, picking the best tool for any particular job. Recently picked up Audio Evolution to use just as an audio editor, which works great. I’m starting to feel like everything is coming together, not missing my PC tools anywhere near as much anymore.

Can you chop samples in

It’s coming soon

• edited January 2019

• edited January 2019

@Paa89 said:

@AudioGus said:

@MarkySo said:

I completely understand your point @AudioGus and, I would also love some new pro features in Cubasis.but, let’s not forget that we are just on version 2.7
    Most of the features you showed in the video were definitely added to the DAw after sometime.
    Intua had to redesign their app from scratch in other to add some new features.so did the creators of Auria Pro, if I’m not mistaken.
    While Steinberg in my opinion wants to maintain the current app and gradually find ways to improve and implement features.
    I believe @LFS and Steinberg have plans to make the app great
    Let’s just give it time to grow😊

It has been over five years with Cubasis now and I think it is pretty clearly an upsell strategy / marketing tool to get people into the higher priced desktop version. In no way do I expect any of this to ever show up in Cubasis and was referring more specificly to a focused ‘multitrack audio editor’ on iOS. If one of the existing apps gets there I would honestly be super surprised as I think it requires a pretty specific narrow focus that would exclude a lot of important marketing bullet points. Also, most of the features I pointed out were in Samplitude (and other daws) twenty years ago and seem pretty basic to me. Given what you can get away with for the number of samples/pads/parameters in something like BM3 this basic stuff I mentioned seems like it should be very achievable.

• @SlowwFloww said:

I saw what you wrote there and i actually thing it was pretty good challenging idea :)

• @dendy said:

@SlowwFloww said:

I saw what you wrote there and i actually thing it was pretty good challenging idea :)

Well I havent done yoga in years plus it didnt sound very hygenic.

• edited January 2019

@AudioGus said:

Well I havent done yoga in years plus it didnt sound very hygenic.

:lol:

@syrupcore
    Good, thoughtful posts in this thread imo. :+1: @MarkySo Count yourself as lucky as these comparison threads often devolve into an absolutely useless mess!

Ok, and here we are ... ^^ :trollface:

• edited January 2019

@dendy said:

@SlowwFloww said:

Hahaha.. :)

Yeah... It would me cool if the people who promote their favourite app here could make a demo video showing the cool stuff when making sampelbased beats... I have some real handy stuff to show you with Caustic.. and I'm very interested in other people showing me all the cool stuff with other apps.

But I deleted that post because I tend to push Caustic a little too much on this site :)

• edited January 2019

@SlowwFloww Thats ok, everybody is pushing his favourite app, nothing wrong about that until it is expression of true honest ethusiasm :-) i'm for examole NS2 addict :smiley:

• that's for sure, there aren't enough caustic videos Imo!!

• @dendy said:
    @SlowwFloww Thats ok, everybody is pushing his favourite app, nothing wrong about that until it is expression of true honest ethusiasm :-) i'm for examole NS2 addict :smiley:

I'm pushing the Frankentstein App Monster that lives in my imagination.

• @AudioGus said:

@MarkySo said:

@AudioGus said:

@MarkySo said:

Linear interpolation is like when you adjust ‘tune’ in beatmaker 3 without ‘live stretch on’. It would be nice if Cubasis would let you adjust the length of a clip like this.

Oh, most definitely.

@syrupcore said:

@MarkySo said:

Indeed, Im thankful we are having a real analytical discussion and breaking down the pros and cons in a way that is productive as well as all the input that you guys are sharing with me.

However, I'm not new in terms of creating but as far as mixing, engineering and certain terminologies is where I have a lot to learn and am doing more and more research. Not that I plan on being an audio engineer or working with audio in such a technical level but now new knowledge can't hurt though I totally see you perspective too.

• edited January 2019

@Telstar5 said:

@MarkySo said:

@Eschatone said:
    If I were starting fresh, I’d probably start with Stagelight ...and Nanostudio 2.. Cubasis 2 is great for what it is and was my goto daw when I got into iOS production, but it has been surpassed in nearly every area since then.
    I actually enjoy using quite a handful of different daws, picking the best tool for any particular job. Recently picked up Audio Evolution to use just as an audio editor, which works great. I’m starting to feel like everything is coming together, not missing my PC tools anywhere near as much anymore.

Can you chop samples in

It’s coming soon

Great, good to hear! I played around with the app this evening and its not bad but I could see how some would not like the UI or have to get used to it. If it gets more sampling features like chopping then it could be headed in the right direction for sure but its cool so far though.

I will also need to check out the quality of it's effects but I will keep it for now since it's free and mess around with it a bit more lol.

@SlowwFloww said:

@dendy said:

@SlowwFloww said:

Hahaha.. :)

Yeah... It would me cool if the people who promote their favourite app here could make a demo video showing the cool stuff when making sampelbased beats... I have some real handy stuff to show you with Caustic.. and I'm very interested in other people showing me all the cool stuff with other apps.

But I deleted that post because I tend to push Caustic a little too much on this site :)

Nice, I would like to see that if you and others wanted to share. That would be dope!

• @AudioGus quick thread tangent... how are you moving sounds from iOS to desktop, out of interest?

• @gusgranite said:
    @AudioGus quick thread tangent... how are you moving sounds from iOS to desktop, out of interest?

Dropbox for frequent smaller stuff and lightning cable / ifunbox for big stuff.

• @AudioGus said:

@gusgranite said:
    @AudioGus quick thread tangent... how are you moving sounds from iOS to desktop, out of interest?

Dropbox for frequent smaller stuff and lightning cable / ifunbox for big stuff.

👍

• Henny weighs in...