Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reason COMPACT Updated - Save Your Own Patches & NEW Red Sky Lullaby IAP Pack

Here is my demo for the new features and a blast through the Red Sky Lullaby Celestial Atmospheres IAP

Comments

• edited December 2018

What - they’ve only just added the ability to save your own patches? What a joke! 😂

• Hopefully that synth-engine will get an AUv3 treatment in 2019 :)

• @PhilW said:
    What - they’ve only just added the ability to save your own patches? What a joke! 😂

Patches were previously saved as part of the song. This update just allows you to save presets to a user folder.

Saving patches with the song made sense in the context of a minimum-viable-product, beginner-friendly song sequencer — if they had included a drum sequencer in v1, people wouldn’t have complained nearly as much (see Figure, for instance).

• I don’t doubt it is a great sounding synth, but i have lost interest in it:

• no AU
    • Terrible scrolling interface rather than presenting all parameters on one or two screens
    • Branding it as Reason Compact when it falls so far short of that
    • I do not get the feeling that they have looked at what else is available in the ios market - or if they did, it was five years ago!
  • I think we will many new features and improvements next year 🤞

• Sorry but it would need to be something amazing to get me to take a look at it again.

• @PhilW said:
    Sorry but it would need to be something amazing to get me to take a look at it again.

Sorry you so strongly feel that way. For my simple self I am thrilled the patches are now saveable and am having fun making some great new sounds.

• One question - if I export project to Reason are there also saved patch from my project?

• I think it’s a pretty decent sounding synth. Lots of variety to be had twisting those knobs.

• Reason on iOS offers nothing new for me. I just see another established company trying to cash on just a brandname.

• Great additions but I can’t stop wondering why they can’t bring figure back under the fold.

• I’m of the nice sounds, but can’t be bothered by the UI and lack of AU. I’m sure in time it may become something special for some, but for now it’s definitely not for me.

• The engine is unique amongst iOS offerings, as is the layout. I wouldn’t mind the pages of encoders so much if it was possible to build a custom “front” panel with the mods you want for sound you built. The effects and keys take up so much space there, if they could shrink that up and make room for the amp adsr that would be nice, etc all/any. I’ve got to say tho, the str8 h8 comments are beyond understanding

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m of the nice sounds, but can’t be bothered by the UI and lack of AU. I’m sure in time it may become something special for some, but for now it’s definitely not for me.

Same here, some of the pads and other sounds are fantastic, but I really don’t want to look at it or navigate through it. Honestly making it AUv3 and giving us a normal way of selecting presets would probably do it for me. Something about being forced to select a project for an app that isn’t much more than a synth and the way the preset window is working now makes me feel like I’m not using a music app...