Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioBus 3 $3 IAP adding MIDI Learn is out - foot switch control use case!

My use of the Forum trains me to start with POST #3 so I missed an important post #1. The $3 helps fund AB3 Development and this Forum.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5l1jcJCi6Ao&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• Sweet Xmas! Holy Mother of Donuts! This has to be the most low key announcement of one of the biggest deals in iOS ever! Midi mappable: global transport, tempo control, universal mixing, multiple app preset loading, app switching, FX bypass, FX wet/dry, and other stuff I haven’t tried yet.

Michael, Michael, Michael, wow! Just wow! Thank you!

• Dammit though. I managed to talk myself out of getting a bluboard for Christmas and that bit of self restraint is now thoroughly squashed.

• @wim said:
    Dammit though. I managed to talk myself out of getting a bluboard for Christmas and that bit of self restraint is now thoroughly squashed.

Me too... still holding off on the Blueboard since I have an old Digitech Guitar pedal with MIDI out's and 6 buttons and a Yamaha BT-MB01 to make it wireless. Still... BlueBoard is on the top of the hardware wishlist and now this show up. Next year for Blueboard right? But $3 tip for AB and @Micheal. He reads this stuff and doesn't throw us out when we're bad. So, be good for goodness sake.

• @wim said:
    Sweet Xmas! Holy Mother of Donuts! This has to be the most low key announcement of one of the biggest deals in iOS ever! Midi mappable: global transport, tempo control, universal mixing, multiple app preset loading, app switching, FX bypass, FX wet/dry, and other stuff I haven’t tried yet.

People rave on and on about much smaller releases in other apps. This one is a landmark for iOS and seems to be flying under the radar?

• @Michael is never one to toot his own horn. This IAP definitely adds a nice capability to control Audiobus 3 with pads and knobs on the fly. If people benefit from his work, purchasing this IAP makes a lot of sense.

• Can i use the Behringer FCB1010 with AB3 and this IAP to toggle between ios synths?

Regards Frenq.

• edited December 2018

@Frenq said:
    Can i use the Behringer FCB1010 with AB3 and this IAP to toggle between ios synths?

Regards Frenq.

The Behringer FCB1010 doesn’t have USB MIDI support so you’d need some sort of adapter/interface for MIDI 5-pin connectors to able to get the MIDI signal into the iOS device. There are MIDI 5-pin to USB and MIDI 5-pin to Bluetooth hardware solutions.

Once you’ve solved this issue, you can simply enter MIDI learn mode in Audiobus 3, select the app you want to switch to, and then hit the control on the Behringer FCB1010 you want to use, do the same for any other apps you want to toggle in the setup, hit done, then you’re good to go.

• Thank you @Michael for starting and continuing the iOS music scene. I’d gladly have paid $5.

Now where’s my BeatStep pro... 🤩

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@wim said:
    Sweet Xmas! Holy Mother of Donuts! This has to be the most low key announcement of one of the biggest deals in iOS ever! Midi mappable: global transport, tempo control, universal mixing, multiple app preset loading, app switching, FX bypass, FX wet/dry, and other stuff I haven’t tried yet.

People rave on and on about much smaller releases in other apps. This one is a landmark for iOS and seems to be flying under the radar?

It is a big deal.

It’s also a sticky thread at the top of forum. Maybe these sometimes get overlooked?

• @SpookyZoo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@wim said:

It is a big deal.

It’s also a sticky thread at the top of forum. Maybe these sometimes get overlooked?

Yes. Guilty. I never seem to register that orange banner. Very tempted to stock up on knobby controllers and maybe a shortboard and build a spaceship. Thank you @Michael :)

• edited December 2018

Nevermind EDIT.

No USB MIDI support in FCB1010.

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

nvm. Deleted. B)

• Yeh, I almost always overlook the stickies.

My goodness, but this update has potential! It could be like the golden workaround for lace of Program Change message implementation in apps, but on steroids!

It cost me $102.99 though, if you include the Blueboard it made me buy. ;) B)

• Thanks for the clarification @wim. @McDtracy A CCK will take care of a USB connection but you may also need a powered USB hub depending upon how much power the USB device requires. There will be an iOS system message letting you know the USB device requires more power which means a powered USB hub.

• I mentioned the update on the thread concerning the beta for this update.
    I didn’t want to scoop Michael by posting a new thread, figuring he was preparing a post to announce it.

I also don’t register the sticky threads usually. I have to intentionally notice those, for some reason.