Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG WaveSHAPER - Out now! Official thread

13»

Comments

• edited March 2019

@Samu maybe we should continue in another EGSY01 thread or start a new one :) You can also write me at [email protected] for any suggestion, I'm always ready to update and upgrade my apps.
    You should consider that EGSY01 born like a virtual analogue synth, with the classic oscillators, filter, FM and fx, and in the years I constantly updgraded the app with the vocal filter, the sequencer and other little things...so the sequencer is not really the center of the app, but is an additional module :) Anyway I'll consider some of your suggestion for sure, so please keep talking about it

About the volume issue, could you please check if the issue happens also in AUM or Nanostudio2? Did you check there's no automation on the volume in cubasis?

• @ElliottGarage said:

You should consider that EGSY01 born like a virtual analogue synth, with the classic oscillators, filter, FM and fx, and in the years I constantly updgraded the app with the vocal filter, the sequencer and other little things...so the sequencer is not really the center of the app, but is an additional module :) Anyway I'll consider some of your suggestion for sure, so please keep talking about it

Got it! Considering EGSY01 has been out for quite a while and I'm late into the game I just thought most of the issues had been sorted out already and that it was a stable and thus 'mature' app :)

EGWaveSHAPER on the other hand works quite well (bad attempt at bringing the thread back on topic).

About the volume issue, could you please check if the issue happens also in AUM or Nanostudio2? Did you check there's no automation on the volume in cubasis?

It's pretty 'random' and doesn't happen all the time which makes it harder to track down.
    I've had it happen in AUM and Cubasis so far and a few times in ApeMatrix so.
    Time will tell if it happens in NS2 as well.

No AUParameter automation was used in Cubasis, In Cubasis I usually freeze the tracks to Audio and that's partly the reason I bumped into the freeze issues. Will put EG WaveSHAPER thru it's paces in Cubasis as well...

I've been having too much fun with BM3 & Gadget lately so the other apps have suffered severe downtime :)

• @gregsmith EG WaveSHAPER update is online right now with the iPhone X issue solved

• Just watched all the YouTube videos and gotta say this synth sounds very impressive!
    Also it seems quite user friendly to control without a bunch of complicated steps needed to get those unique sounds...

Questions..
    How does it do on CPU as an auv3?
    Is there a list of the cc values for the parameters somewhere so I can automate with say, rozeta?

• @reasOne said:
    Just watched all the YouTube videos and gotta say this synth sounds very impressive!
    Also it seems quite user friendly to control without a bunch of complicated steps needed to get those unique sounds...

Questions..
    Is there a list of the cc values for the parameters somewhere so I can automate with say, rozeta?

Like the „draw a wave“ aspect here a lot. Still interested if this thing will make easy and good drones, ambient evolving as stated in this review on the AppStore...

• @david_2017 said:

@reasOne said:
    Just watched all the YouTube videos and gotta say this synth sounds very impressive!

Questions..

Like the „draw a wave“ aspect here a lot. Still interested if this thing will make easy and good drones, ambient evolving as stated in this review on the AppStore...

Definitely curious about that too, I'm sure it is entirely possible tho.... It seems to have great control all readily available on tha main synth screen/page

• @reasOne all the parameters are exposed, so you can control them and automate.

about drones, I suppose they can be created using the builtin reverb and delay and slow automations...maybe some users can give you a better answer to this :)

• edited March 2019

@malichiyatsia I already answered to this in the firts page of this thread :)

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @gregsmith EG WaveSHAPER update is online right now with the iPhone X issue solved

Sorted, thanks

• Wow this synth is pretty amazing!!
    I just grabbed it after listening to the YouTube preset previews, and gotta say... Wow, .....It sounds so good!!!

Very user friendly interface, customizable wave forms, assigning lfos and envelopes is a breeze...
    The au keyboard is great and being able to add parameters to the mod wheel is simply genuis...

I love the noisey ness you can get from this synth, as a fan on noisy stuff it satisfies my craving gaha but of course it can be not noisy as well, if you're weird and into that sorta thing 🤣

I'm going to have a lot of fun and be very productive on this... I'm not sure how well it is on cpu as I've only had about 15 minutes with it, but so far so good!

@david_2017, I think you'll really dig this one

• Oh and if you double tap the knobs.... You get a larger adjustable widget for fine tuning 🙏 amazing

• ^^^^^^Which is perfect for iPhone users! I tried it earlier and works great... But I mostly use my iPad

• @reasOne said:
    ^^^^^^Which is perfect for iPhone users! I tried it earlier and works great... But I mostly use my iPad

Got it ;) at first I thought hmmm i dont know.... but I hooked up some FX plugs into the channelstrip and got some crazy nice sounds out of it. I would LOVE though if the dev would (cation feature request) make the LFO able to run at a MUCH slower speed. I use it to make evolving sonic experiences. Right now I use Rozeta LFO at 0.1Hz :)
    The morphing feature is hands down the best! Really cool.

One thing: how is this filter working? I dont really see it through...

• edited March 2019

@reasOne @david_2017 Thanks for all the great feedback guys! And remember to write me at [email protected] for any suggestion or request.

Here's a brief video of WaveSHAPER used for a professional production...

• Hi everybody, I would love to add new presets to the app, maybe I can insert an 'AUDIOBUS' section...Do you guys think it could be interesting? Do you have any presets to share? :)

• Please do!!

• @ElliottGarage said:
    I'm always ready to update and upgrade my apps.

Would you consider support for MPE?

• @tiantong said:

@ElliottGarage said:
    I'm always ready to update and upgrade my apps.

Would you consider support for MPE?

I'm thinking about it. Need a MPE dev to send MIDI...
    Also I'm curious what's happening hosting the app as AU3 inside GarageBand (that already supports MPE)

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Hi everybody, I would love to add new presets to the app, maybe I can insert an 'AUDIOBUS' section...Do you guys think it could be interesting? Do you have any presets to share? :)

i certainly would like to find time to contribute to this.. yr app deserves further delving..
    anybody else?

• A nice video by Tim Webb :)

• edited July 2020

Is there any other synth I can draw a wave?is it a good synth?I have almost all auv3 synths already
    I watched all videos,but still thinking,it’s not a high price,but do I need it?
    I’m playing djent/deathcore with a lot of different synths,maybe it can suit my music

• I just picked it up, and love the sound.