Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus MIDI Learn is here!

Comments

• edited January 2019

T> @Janosax said:

Is it possible @michael to add manual midi assignation?

For example, if I want to use Rozeta XY pad (with MF adapter) I can’t midi learn it as I can’t access it at the same time.

That will work great with Rozeta LFO too for quicker multiple modulations assignations.

Could be super useful really :)

And I can’t create several CC using Rozeta LFO or FAC Envolver, as when I want to create a new midi learn on the same instrument (Noir) it will learn the new CC and previously learned CC will be lost. This is because it’s realtime « moving » CC, not physical midi knobs.

• Yep that's coming, @Janosax

• @Michael said:
    Yep that's coming, @Janosax

Cool, can’t wait!! Thanks :)

• edited January 2019

@Michael sorry I can’t remember that: do you plan to add presets creation for AU?

And also, Audiobus has more and more success in my workflow :smile: so I need more and more AB presets management with folders, templates, favorites etc, especially with new midi learn feature. Even if with custom naming I’m still able to stay organized, but for how long.. :o

Ps: Happy new year!!

• Ouch! Yeah, I'm working on both of these: AU user presets and more sophisticated AB preset management.

• @Michael said:
    Wow, @lukesleepwalker, you've predicted my next big feature! Yep, that's on its way.

OK, I'm now officially excited :)

• edited January 2019

Haven't been working with iOS music for a couple of months but having juat booked a big concert which will require this gear and just booted up my equipment for an early performance development session leading to that, I have got to say one thing:

AB MIDI CONTROL IS BETTER THAN I COULD HAVE EVER IMAGINED!!!

There’s one thing I’d like to request:
    The ability to specify the range of a CC (pretty much exactly as in AUM). That feature being introduced in AUM was a real leap forward in iOS performance, BM3 implemented it in it’s own way and I think any serious performance candidate (which in all other ways AB takes the crown for) needs to provide that functionality. Theoretically I can remap my controllers sure, but that’s very slow compared to a software solution, loses MIDI resolution and is also very inflexible for changing between different presets.

• Thanks @OscarSouth =) Yeah, I'll be adding this shortly.

• @Michael when using my BlueBoard pedalboard with MidiFire, Audiobus MIDI learn receive both MidiFire and normal BlueBoard midi messages, so I can’t properly learn MidiFire in AB. Is it possible to add midi input selection to AB midi learn?

• @Janosax said:
    @Michael when using my BlueBoard pedalboard with MidiFire, Audiobus MIDI learn receive both MidiFire and normal BlueBoard midi messages, so I can’t properly learn MidiFire in AB. Is it possible to add midi input selection to AB midi learn?

Working on that today!

• @Michael said:

@Janosax said:
    @Michael when using my BlueBoard pedalboard with MidiFire, Audiobus MIDI learn receive both MidiFire and normal BlueBoard midi messages, so I can’t properly learn MidiFire in AB. Is it possible to add midi input selection to AB midi learn?

Working on that today!

Then stop reading forum posts and get back to work!

• Simply being able to map a specific tempo to an incoming MIDI message actually removes any need for Link in my live setup, simplifies my entire rig by LOADS, massively improves sync stability and enhances the creative possibilities for working dynamically with tempos. Simple solutions!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Michael said:

@Janosax said:

Working on that today!

Then stop reading forum posts and get back to work!

Haha. Yassir

• edited January 2019

Hi guys. I seem to remember a while ago someone has asked about a 'next and previous' buttons for ab presets and @Michael giving an interim solution (for people with just 2 controller buttons available), which I cannot bloody remember ;)
    Maybe my brain is just playing tricks on me and it never happened... didn't it?

• The interim solution is to make bindings within each preset pointing to the next one in the sequence

• @Michael said:
    The interim solution is to make bindings within each preset pointing to the next one in the sequence

Thanks, not sure how does 'the pointing work' in practice. What do I bind to?

• You make a binding to the action to load whatever preset you want to load next, for each preset. So load the first preset up, then make a binding from the trigger you want to the second preset in the sequence. Then load the second preset, and make a binding to the third preset. And so on.

• Right, it works well to chain the presets but it also presupposes that you have a fairly permanent order of events. Otherwise, setting up a variable setlist is a laborious process. It also helps to note whether you are in global binding mode before you start--a mistake I made!

• Amazing! Purchased immediately after reading this announcement. Looks incredible and I can’t wait to try it out! :D Thanks so much for adding such cool functionality.

• Quick question and/or feature request (depending if it's possible):

I'd like to set the play/pause button to activate play on button down (127) and activate pause on button up (0). This is preferable over 'press or release' as it removes the possibility of the polarity for playing/pausing being inverted. Is this currently possible?

Cheers,
    Oscar

• I can’t remember off the top of my head if this is active in the live version or just the development version, @OscarSouth, but yeah, this is how it works - state will be taken from the value of the CC if "press or release" is selected. If that’s not working for you then it will be in the next version :)

• @Michael said:
    I can’t remember off the top of my head if this is active in the live version or just the development version, @OscarSouth, but yeah, this is how it works - state will be taken from the value of the CC if "press or release" is selected. If that’s not working for you then it will be in the next version :)

I'm on the testflight version so this is probably how it works on what I'm running -- I only tried it with 'press' and interpreted the 'press or release' description too literally. Even with that, it's already working wonderfully! I'll test out the press or release functionality tomorrow morning. Cheers!

• @lifereinspired said:
    Amazing! Purchased immediately after reading this announcement. Looks incredible and I can’t wait to try it out! :D Thanks so much for adding such cool functionality.

Thank you!

• edited January 2019

What? I just discovered double tap!

So previously worried I wouldn't have enough buttons on my nanokontrol the double tap's just gifted to me 18 brand new session launch triggers!

With app button lunch for apps like Samplr I can get things done with minimum interaction with the screen unless I want to of course.

Loopy binding toggling between loopy and audiobus view is a cherry on top.

All lightning fast too.

Thanks!

BTW. Just ditched AUM :)

• There's hold too :smiley:

• @Michael said:
    There's hold too :smiley:

Nah! Stop pulling me leg.

But seriously.

Yeah, been using hold in loopy for a while, but double tap is new right?

• Yup that's right

• edited January 2019

@Michael said:
    Yup that's right

Sweet, I hope double tap can make it to loopy as well. Would be perfect for PC messages that can't use hold. Wnk wink :)

• edited January 2019

Whaaaaat??!!

In all this preset loading via mid conundrum I’ve finally came to a genius (in my little world) idea to see if my Novation Circuit transmits data to bind to session preset changes....guess what?

It freaking does!!

So basically once all of the apps are fully loaded there’s only one button press for me to load both Audiobus and Circuit session. While on stage, you’ve just finished a song, press the required button and you’re away.

Let me say it again:

One, Uno, Ein, etc...button press and you’re rocking.

Thank you (again) @Michael and thank you @Novation for making it easy to make electronic music.