Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RF-1 & RD-1 from Kai Aras

I just found these two apps by chance on Doug's channel and I was wondering if anyone was using them. Are they any good? Cause there aren't many reviews at all so I was wondering. Would you recommend them? How does fair RF-1 compared to Audio Damage Eos 2 for example? Thanks.

Comments

• edited December 2018

They are both very good and a bit complicated (RF-1 and RD-1).
    Eos 2 has a different character compared to RF-1. If you cannot decide between the two, take both, or Kleverb, which is most versatile.

• RD-1? If you're referring to RP-1 (Digital Delay), I think it's good but I usually make do with the included delays in the synths instead of using it. If you're referring to RE-1 (Tape Delay), VirSyn's Tap Delay would be distant second There's also Kymatica's AUFX:Dub, which is great but not AUv3 yet, if that matters to you.

• edited December 2018

RF-1 + RP-1 + RE-1 are 50% off right now.

• edited December 2018

Ah so they are supposed to be around 6.99 euros normally? I will get the reverb I think and use it until fabfilter puts Pro-R into Auv3.

• @jipumarino said:
    RD-1? If you're referring to RP-1 (Digital Delay), I think it's good but I usually make do with the included delays in the synths instead of using it. If you're referring to RE-1 (Tape Delay), VirSyn's Tap Delay would be distant second There's also Kymatica's AUFX:Dub, which is great but not AUv3 yet, if that matters to you.

Curious why you would place Tap Delay a “distant second”. It has pretty much the same features as the other two mentioned plus up to 10 seconds delay for some nice “Frippertronics” effects.

• @anickt You're right, feature-wise it's great and the sound is really good in its own right, but I think RE-1 does a much better job at sounding like an actual tape machine, I should've pointed that out specifically.

• @jipumarino said:
    @anickt You're right, feature-wise it's great and the sound is really good in its own right, but I think RE-1 does a much better job at sounding like an actual tape machine, I should've pointed that out specifically.

B) I get it!

• re1 is exceptional. i never much enjoyed rf1. but then again when you find your goto ios reverb you kinda stick with it and nothing matches kleverb for my ears.

• I'm a fan of Kai's work. I've got all of it. RE-1 is one of my favorites. And although have have other reverbs and delays... there's a subtlety to the effects of RP-1 and RF-1 that I dig... great fun can be had with the looping of the effects in either one of those.

• @sysexual said:
    re1 is exceptional. i never much enjoyed rf1. but then again when you find your goto ios reverb you kinda stick with it and nothing matches kleverb for my ears.

Yeah I do understand your point. Nothing matches Pro-R to me, but it's stuck in Auria for the time being...

• +1 for RE-1 Really nice tape delay