Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit Synth One now featured on all iPads in all Apple Retail Stores in America

Wow! It is with much gratitude that I can announce that AudioKit Synth One is now featured on iPads in all Apple Retail Stores across the United States.

Stop by your local Apple store – iPad Music takeover! Just in time for Christmas. 🙏

Big thanks to all the people here who contributed, tested, etc.
You can stop by an Apple store and see your name in the credits!

We’re grateful and humbled for all the support. It is truly magical.
I've been working behind the scenes with Apple on this for months. And, can finally announce!

Plus, the Apple Retail Version includes an exclusive bonus bank of presets by sound designer Francis Preve!

Comments

• Result! Well done.

• Amazing!! Congratulations!!

• Congratulations AudioKit team!

• I think that’s the only one Synthesizer featured in the Applestore ever, next to GarageBand!

That’s good news!
    Congratulations @analog_matt and team! 👍😊

• Wow, that is huge! Congratulations!

• @chandroji said:
    I think that’s the only one Synthesizer featured in the Applestore ever, next to GarageBand!

That’s good news!
    Congratulations @analog_matt and team! 👍😊

I remember seeing Gadget too

• Congratulations, this is such a nice project!

• Congrats to you and all the team! :smiley:

• Congrats to the icing on a huge 2018 cake for you guys. Great product and a great story.

• Maybe the most installed synth app now from all :)

• Congratulations!

My big take-away is that having a synth installed by default will bring more people in, which means more money for developers, which means more and better apps (albeit prices will continue increasing) for all of us! B)

And, if we're lucky, Apple will incrementally take music on iOS more seriously as well, instead of it being near the bottom in priority (or seeming so).

• Very cool, congrats!!

• edited December 2018

Thanks everyone!

As a quick clarification: The app is pre-installed on all the iPads on display. Though, it is Apple policy not to ship an iPad with any 3rd party apps. Meaning, Synth One is simply on the units on the show room floor.

However, hopefully people will investigate iPad synths at home, once they play with it in the store. :)

• @analog_matt said:
    Thanks everyone!

As a quick clarification: The app is pre-installed on all the iPads on display. Though, it is Apple policy not to ship an iPad with any 3rd party apps. Meaning, Synth One is simply on the units on the show room floor.

However, hopefully people will investigate iPad synths at home, once they play with it in the store. :)

Thanks for the clarification. But I'll still dream the dream :p

• Awesome, congratulations!!!

• Meanwhile, in Atlanta tonight!

• big news! that's awesome, matt.

• Well deserved, have a great Christmas break!

• Very well deserved, @analog_matt :)

I think Apple are missing a trick with music creation on iOS products. They seem almost obsessed with drawing/art apps, as if GarageBand is all you need and the limit of iOS music creation. Music is soooo much more fun.

• @Beathoven said:
    Very well deserved, @analog_matt :)

I think Apple are missing a trick with music creation on iOS products. They seem almost obsessed with drawing/art apps, as if GarageBand is all you need and the limit of iOS music creation. Music is soooo much more fun.

We do our best here to change the situation o:) B) :# 👍🏼❤️

• @Beathoven said:

They missed the mark on that for a while, but hopefully that’s changing somewhat.
    I’ve noticed more great indie music apps headlining the app store recently.
    Last week or two ago was particularly nice to see the AUV3 collection, with ripplemaker and the like
    highlighted.

Would benefit everyone if they started showcasing more of these in the brick and mortors., especially if they can train a salesperson to show off what they’re capable of.

• well deserved, it’s a top app !

• Brilliant! The red carpet of apps, ‘n stuff. Take a much deserved bow! B)

• @Eschatone said:

@Beathoven said:

They missed the mark on that for a while, but hopefully that’s changing somewhat.
    Last week or two ago was particularly nice to see the AUV3 collection, with ripplemaker and the like
    highlighted.

Would benefit everyone if they started showcasing more of these in the brick and mortors., especially if they can train a salesperson to show off what they’re capable of.

Wow. I missed that AUv3 collection feature. I hope they do more of them.

I was talking to an Apple sales person in their Westfield (West London) store; they were completely oblivious to the existence of the multitude of music making apps in the App Store. When I showed him some of them, he was blown away. Why doesn’t Apple do more to make their sales people aware of what their devices can do?

• @Beathoven said:

@Eschatone said:

@Beathoven said:

highlighted.

I was talking to an Apple sales person in their Westfield (West London) store; they were completely oblivious to the existence of the multitude of music making apps in the App Store. When I showed him some of them, he was blown away. Why doesn’t Apple do more to make their sales people aware of what their devices can do?

Seems like a huge missed opportunity, but Apple seems to be good at that. That’s one of the downsides of a company becoming such a financial powerhouse — it tends to encourage complacency.

• It'd be nice if Apple where to kick in with a contribution to the development. I know they are struggling at the moment, but something - maybe some in house dev time, or some software tools - seems appropriate.

• @Eschatone said:

@Beathoven said:

@Eschatone said:

@Beathoven said:

highlighted.

Seems like a huge missed opportunity, but Apple seems to be good at that. That’s one of the downsides of a company becoming such a financial powerhouse — it tends to encourage complacency.

Apple obviously knows how to make money, has created arguably the best mobile device for music-making, yet they somehow don't know what they've got? What do people base the belief on, that there's a huge missed opportunity? As far as I can tell, most Mac and iOS users never even try GarageBand, and it's right there for free. I don't think music-making is nearly as accessible or as common an impulse as doodling, drawing, painting, and sketching ideas graphically.

Anyway, congrats to Matt. Well deserved!