Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT Korg Prologue

Well hardware was calling my name again and just thought to share how great the Korg Prologue is....Fantastic! Despite some initial issues during the first few months of release, recent firmware updates have made the proper corrections. Looking for a synth: Quick, knob per function, menu-less, great sounding and just fun to sit down with, i def suggest checking out the Prologue.

Comments

• Nice! Good for you.

Does it load user wavetables yet (I think I read that somewhere)?

• @kinkujin said:
    Nice! Good for you.

Does it load user wavetables yet (I think I read that somewhere)?

Yes it does. I have found a couple wave pack options online, but you can also design your own (sdk) if you have those skills, i dont.
    Its the OSC wave options and shaping that drew me towards this synth.

• edited December 2018

Look at this, it looks like you tweak the wave tables and effects. With the librarian, you can do custom digital oscillators, modulation effects, and reverbs:

https://korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/prologue/sdk.php

• edited December 2018

@Processaurus said:
    Look at this, it looks like you tweak the wave tables and effects. With the librarian, you can do custom digital oscillators, modulation effects, and reverbs:

https://korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/prologue/sdk.php

Ohh yes saw that too. Only wish there was an ios version, a macbook may be in my future very soon cause i cant borrow one forever. Though it will not satisfy the modulation options for some, it does offer lots of sonic territory to explore.

• Just in case anyone thinks about diving deep - from KORG's FAQ:

What programming language can I use?
    Custom oscillators and effects can be written in C, with support for a subset of C++. What limitations are imposed in terms of available RAM? (it would have to be reasonably finite). For oscillators, both code and variables must fit in 32KB of RAM. Custom effects will have additional RAM for delay lines, up to 2MB.

For the multi-engine, will the LFO be able to modulate its parameters?
    The LFO can modulate the shape parameter of the multi-engine. Custom oscillators will be able to take advantage of this.

How many editable internal parameters can a custom oscillator have?
    Parameters for custom oscillators are limited to 6. This is a deliberate limitation to keep custom oscillators straightforward and simple.

If you don't feel like spending this much money on a synth and get over the fact that their announced 1-voice development board is in fact not available to the public, there's a DSP board available with hardware MIDI i/o, stereo audio i/o and a number of control lines to add your own choice of knobs and switches, plus a modular editing environment saving you from writing C code. It's based on a similar processor as the one in the Prologue (minus the second fx processor) and it's available for below $100 here (don't mind them being out of stock, I'm sure they'll be available again soon):
    http://www.axoloti.com

• Here’s a hands-on demo of the Axoloti.

• @Liquidmantis said:
    Here’s a hands-on demo of the Axoloti.

:smiley: