Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Flux Cluster - Horse Gas - new spacey blippy ambient pingy thing

New track which combines Maschine, Reason and iPad noises, and probably confirms I have far too many synths. Needs some production tweaks but after seemingly endless procrastination I thought I'd just get the thing out. Ommmmmmmm:

Comments

• Too many? Or just the right amount? Nice to hear a spacey, blippy, ambient, pingy thing that evolves and has motion. Good stuff!

• It's a little dense at times but when it opens up and breathes I really enjoyed this track. Fresh sounds with an effectively gentle propulsive feel. Nice one!

• @aplourde said:
    Too many? Or just the right amount? Nice to hear a spacey, blippy, ambient, pingy thing that evolves and has motion. Good stuff!

Thank you!

• edited December 2018

@lukesleepwalker said:
    It's a little dense at times but when it opens up and breathes I really enjoyed this track. Fresh sounds with an effectively gentle propulsive feel. Nice one!

Yeah about half a minute in it's a bit cluttered. I need to remix it - problem is it's spread across several different platforms and DAW's - bits of iPad stuff, then the main MIDI track recorded in Maschine, which was then recorded live into Reason. More tracks added in Reason, mixed down, and then I added a last bit of ambience by pasting straight on in Sound Forge.

So unpicking that lot is a bit of a job - all helps me realise I've got to plan my workflow better though! Mostly it's down to lack of CPU - I have to flatten and bounce everything down or my CPU crashes. Keeps things ticking along, but if I want to change anything I have to go back to the start again.

Thanks for listening!

• Great journey! I wasn't expecting the change at approx 1:28 and it just kept surprising. Now if I was mixing it I would have made the drums way bigger but I think your choice is actually better. More subtle, keeps things moving ahead but doesn't try and turn it into some space time hokey dance party UK ... thing.

Well done! Nice sound.

• @kinkujin said:
    Great journey! I wasn't expecting the change at approx 1:28 and it just kept surprising. Now if I was mixing it I would have made the drums way bigger but I think your choice is actually better. More subtle, keeps things moving ahead but doesn't try and turn it into some space time hokey dance party UK ... thing.

Well done! Nice sound.

Thanks! Yeah I’m not happy with the drums, will probably fix those in a remix :)