Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patreon - Bye

Sorry @thesoundtestroom and @jakoB_haQ but I can’t use that platform anymore.

The thought of any of my cash going that way disgusts me.

I’ll find a way of setting up an equivalent payment, probably not monthly due to fees but won’t forget the good work you guys do.

Will particularly miss the behind the scenes stuff and Doug’s app draws out of the iconic hat.

Sometimes you have to send a message that only businesses understand, i.e. hit their bottom line.

Comments

• I’m curious why? Are they evil in some way?

• Paypal? Bitcoin?

• @wim said:
    I’m curious why? Are they evil in some way?

Google ‘patreon deplatforming’

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

OK, thanks. I’ve always used other avenues for supporting content creators, so doesn’t affect me, but I was curious.

• I'll keep with my support and encourage more do as well.
    We all watch the videos and 383 support Doug. I haven't developer a habit for Jacob yet.

I'm not a "one issue" voter. That leads to some pretty bad decision making. I'd hate to see Doug and Jacob loose a vaible means of support over a political controversy.

• So they kicked off a couple of alt right attention seekers and conspiracy theorists, did I miss something? its annoying they call it deplatforming like it’s some kind of right to have that platform, if you talk a bunch of embarrassing crap and a private company doesn’t want to be affiliated with you then that’s that, they can withdraw that privilege. No point crying about it. Adhere to TOS and it won’t happen. Sargon telling a British MP ‘ I wouldn’t even rape you’ isn’t doing that 😂

• @Mull said:
    So they kicked off a couple of alt right attention seekers and conspiracy theorists, did I miss something? its annoying they call it deplatforming like it’s some kind of right to have that platform, if you talk a bunch of embarrassing crap and a private company doesn’t want to be affiliated with you then that’s that, they can withdraw that privilege. No point crying about it. Adhere to TOS and it won’t happen. Sargon telling a British MP ‘ I wouldn’t even rape you’ isn’t doing that 😂

Wow, you're so woke. Can I touch the hem of your garment?

• edited December 2018

the guys that they banned are fucking scum but yeah thats a form of censorship right there and not really good. i hope they can retract it even though the thought of those fucking alt right wankers getting income for being alt right wankers is pretty disgusting, its still their right.

• I support Doug and Patreon.

I just went into Doug's Members area and downloaded a Drum Kit and some Zeeon presets available for free to members.

You should join us.

• Ooh, goody; a political thread. I hope I can finish my popcorn before it gets closed.

• edited December 2018

It isn’t censorship as there are other avenues for their supporters to help them. It’s the closing of one channel to them. Supporters could even mail them the dollars, as it isn’t illegal to support them. (True censorship.)
    Remember if you ran a business you would be entitled to withdraw service from individuals that you chose to.
    Censorship is the government shutting you down from society not a private business refusing to take your trade.

• edited December 2018

I quit patreon too. Can't stand deplatforming out of politics. It's not their job. They should stick to what their service is supposed to be and not verse into things out of scope.

• edited December 2018

@Norbert said:
    I quit patreon too. Can't stand deplatforming out of politics. It's not their job. They should stick to what their service is supposed to be and not verse into things out of scope.

So if someone set up a Patreon to fund ISIS or some similar organisation you’d be ok with that ?

• @Beathoven said:
    Ooh, goody; a political thread. I hope I can finish my popcorn before it gets closed.

Ha ha no chance, I’m betting civil discourse dissolves in less than twenty posts. :-)

• Keep them on view I say. It’s better to be able to see where and who people are. I would much prefer people to be able to see all easily and make their own decisions - that’s why they should never stop televising local, EU and world politicians - eventually people will see them for the scum they are as well :)

• edited December 2018

I'll stay with patreon.. as soon as my money go to those who should receive them, i'm not interested with any stuff behind ... I doesn't give a s**t about politics and such stuff, it doesn't touch me in any way :mrgreen:

• edited December 2018

@CRAKROX said:

@Norbert said:

So if someone set up a Patreon to fund ISIS or some similar organisation you’d be ok with that ?

It's not Patreon which has to decide whether it's good or not. That's the thing. The fact Isis is receiving money through them has to be proven first and it's not their job. They can't just arbitrary decide 'this thing is good and this thing is bad' without solid proof and the department of justice involved. And it's definitely not what they are doing right now. They deplatform people who did abide to their terms of service out of politics. This is dirty business and it has to stop.

• Patreon thinks it’s their right to do so, Sargon thinks it’s not: why he doesn’t sue them? There are no courts in the US? At this point and waiting for justice to cut it off, I’d say: ha fresh air on Patreon, I join.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited December 2018

And people can boycott them if they don’t agree with how they see fit to run their business.
    Works for me.

• My politics can be found somewhere to the left of Jeremy Corbyn, and I don't think that Sargon should be banned from Patreon. He's a troll, but he's not a Nazi, and his views are far more nuanced than many people acknowledge.

The whole point of free speech is that you have to allow speech you disagree with.

• The evolution of all political views and ideologies is through oppositional debate. Christianity didn’t end when the Romans massacred the Christians or fed them to lions, which was a much more severe example of deplatforming. Opposition places stress upon the emergent ideology to find a better voice or suffer the ignominy of entropy. If the ideology has a place it will endure irrespective of the opposition. When the nazis slaughtered millions of Jewish citizens in Europe, Judaism grew stronger in opposition. When nazis are now deplatformed for chauvinist or racist views, perhaps all they need to find is something to say that has value, then they will have something to contribute to the greater communities that have found greater common purpose than arbitrary hate by dint of gender race or culture or sexuality. Better words always win in the long term.

• edited December 2018

@richardyot said:
    My politics can be found somewhere to the left of Jeremy Corbyn, and I don't think that Sargon should be banned from Patreon. He's a troll, but he's not a Nazi, and his views are far more nuanced than many people acknowledge.

The whole point of free speech is that you have to allow speech you disagree with.

Agree. And then just down the road from them banning one group, all of a sudden you find that your voice has been banned too! Then you find that you can no longer write the lyrics you want to and the book of your life has been thrown on a bonfire!

• The point is though they are not being censored simply denied the use of a service provided by a company. That is not censorship.
    The same way a bakery choosing not bake a cake with a message on it they don’t agree with isn’t censorship the customer simply has to find another bakery.
    If they were truly censored they would be banned from receiving any funds and as I’ve already said they have other options. They could take direct bank payments for example.
    It’s no different than banning a poster from here who broke the rules.

• @CRAKROX said:
    The point is though they are not being censored simply denied the use of a service provided by a company. That is not censorship.
    The same way a bakery choosing not bake a cake with a message on it they don’t agree with isn’t censorship the customer simply has to find another bakery.

Times have changed though - and the dividing lines between public service and some private companies have blurred. Facebook, Google, Twitter are all privately owned companies, but they all provide a very public service that for some is essential, and in some cases no alternative exists.

Bakeries tend not to have billions of customers relying on their cake baking service. Even then though they still have to abide by laws on discrimination (for now, at least).

Global tech companies now have more clout (and money) than some governments, so maybe it's time they showed the same respect and impartiality to the people who pay their wages.

• @MonzoPro said:

@CRAKROX said:
    The point is though they are not being censored simply denied the use of a service provided by a company. That is not censorship.

Times have changed though - and the dividing lines between public service and some private companies have blurred. Facebook, Google, Twitter are all privately owned companies, but they all provide a very public service that for some is essential, and in some cases no alternative exists.

Bakeries tend not to have billions of customers relying on their cake baking service. Even then though they still have to abide by laws on discrimination (for now, at least).

Global tech companies now have more clout (and money) than some governments, so maybe it's time they showed the same respect and impartiality to the people who pay their wages.

Well said.

• edited December 2018

Anyway, apparently Jordan Peterson is working on a new platform which will be neutral and on which free speech advocates will be able to provide money to content creators the same way Patreon does. It will be a good alternative for people like me who can't stand censorship of ideas and opinions.

• @MonzoPro all of that is true but no law exists protecting that status. They are subject to the vagaries of the free market and prevailing public opinion as much as any other company. If the alt right wants to build a platform to rival FB, Twitter etc where they can spout their bollocks and deplatform those they don’t agree with then there is nothing preventing them doing that but they would rather wail about censorship, assume the hairshirt of victim hood and circlejerk about how oppressed they are. They aren’t oppressed, the rest of us just don’t want to hear their nonsensical whining and that’s reflected in the public positions taken by these companies when they kick them off their platforms. The majority of us just don’t want to hear that shit 😂

• I fully support Patreon kicking absolute dickheads off their service. That some people would choose to then boycott the service says a lot about their own views...

• @e121 I’m not sure you using ‘woke’ correctly but hey, you do you 😂

This discussion has been closed.