Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iCloud, any point in backing these up...

edited December 2018 in General App Discussion

I can understand backing up garage band cuz it lets you work on all your iOS devices,
but I don't really see any reason to back up ape matrix or the moog apps....
What do you guys do ?
My iCloud is way too full for a brand new phone

Comments

• It just depends on whether you have presets you can’t afford to loose and how much data really is there. I mean, 1,000 presets probably doesn’t take up hardly any storage. But 1,000 recorded audio bits might. One way to get an idea is to go to General Settings > iPad (or Phone) storage > [app name] and look at how much “Documents & Data” storage is there. In many cases it will be very, very little, in which case there’s no harm in backing it up.

Only the Documents & Data is backed up, not the app itself. When you restore, the apps are redownloaded.

No sense turning it off if it’s only going to have a small impact.

• iCloud can be a nightmare for us low storage guys anyway. iCloud Drive stores recently used files from iCloud in a storage ‘buffer’ on your device. I’ve had this up to nearly 10gb before with no way to choose to delete these files. This makes backing up older projects on iCloud to save storage space a real pain.

Also I’ve come across apps not saving files properly in the cloud and when you come to restore them after a restart, you’ve lost them. The whole file system is better than it was, but still not very good. The system contacts me regularly to tell me I need to upgrade my storage - to give Apple more money!

• iCloud backup is different from iCloud storage. Storage is probably pointless if you only have one device, like you say. But backup means that if you lose that device (or just upgrade), you can restore all your work to the a new device.

I’d say iCloud backup is essential, unless you have some other way to back up your iPhone/iPad, like an iTunes backup.

• I used to backup my Gadget projects in iCloud to be able to have them on my phone too, but as soon as I use samples from outside of Gadget, it becomes almost pointless because the samples are not backed up or transferred.

• @mistercharlie said:
    iCloud backup is different from iCloud storage. Storage is probably pointless if you only have one device, like you say. But backup means that if you lose that device (or just upgrade), you can restore all your work to the a new device.

I’d say iCloud backup is essential, unless you have some other way to back up your iPhone/iPad, like an iTunes backup.

Yes, we can restore backup on another device including projects, data, etc. You just have to restore IAPs.

• @LeonKowalski said:
    I used to backup my Gadget projects in iCloud to be able to have them on my phone too, but as soon as I use samples from outside of Gadget, it becomes almost pointless because the samples are not backed up or transferred.

You can add the sample in your backups, then use it on multiple devices

• All good info guys, I guess it makes sense to back em up so of my iPad dies I can still access my presets....i wish if I started designing a synth patch on my xs max I could add it to my iPad and continue to shape and use it there...
    Outside of Garageband and a couple others that does let you

• @reasOne said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    I used to backup my Gadget projects in iCloud to be able to have them on my phone too, but as soon as I use samples from outside of Gadget, it becomes almost pointless because the samples are not backed up or transferred.

You can add the sample in your backups, then use it on multiple devices

Oh, good info, but how can I do that?