Rosetta User Interface issue in Cubasis

@brambos I seem to have an issue with the UI in Cubasis. When using the Cubasis keyboard the AU shrinks in size. Your other apps don’t do this, only the Rosetta plugin.




Comments

  • Hmmm.. Looks like correct behavior to me. The extending keyboard changes the aspect ratio of the “letterbox”. The plugin UI then scales down accordingly.

  • edited December 2018

    @brambos said:
    Hmmm.. Looks like correct behavior to me. The extending keyboard changes the aspect ratio of the “letterbox”. The plugin UI then scales down accordingly.

    But your other AU plugins don’t scale down when using the keyboard in Cubasis, neither does any AUv3 from other developers.

    The “letterbox” seems the same size to me.




  • edited December 2018

    At least Scaler seems to fill the entire height of the letterbox in both cases, which is the determining factor for the overall scaling of the UI here. Perhaps the aspect ratios are slightly different for MIDI filters in Cubasis?

    Edit: they are different indeed, hence they behave different from instrument plugins:

  • @brambos said:
    At least Scaler seems to fill the entire height of the letterbox in both cases, which is the determining factor for the overall scaling of the UI here. Perhaps the aspect ratios are slightly different for MIDI filters in Cubasis?

    Edit: they are different indeed, hence they behave different from instrument plugins:

    Physicle Bouncy MIDI AU seems fine


  • Physicle probably flexibly adapts to whatever shape the UI window has. Most Rozeta plugins don’t; thry stick to the regular letterbox aspect (bassline, rhythm and XY do scale, because their UI lends itself to dynamic scaling.. the others would look silly and stretched). :)

  • I see what you mean, the letterbox does seem less height for the MIDI plugins (not sure why). I don’t suppose there’s anything you can do about this then?

  • @sdesign said:
    I see what you mean, the letterbox does seem less height for the MIDI plugins (not sure why). I don’t suppose there’s anything you can do about this then?

    It doesn’t seem to hamper functionality and stretching would not enhance usability, so it’s low on my priority list. Don’t fix what’s not broken :)

  • @brambos said:

    @sdesign said:
    I see what you mean, the letterbox does seem less height for the MIDI plugins (not sure why). I don’t suppose there’s anything you can do about this then?

    It doesn’t seem to hamper functionality and stretching would not enhance usability, so it’s low on my priority list. Don’t fix what’s not broken :)

    Fair point :-)

Sign In or Register to comment.