Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT rant about Ebay and feedback and Star inflation

edited December 2018 in Other

Since when did neutral become such a bad thing that you aren’t allowed to post neutral feedback on a seller for at least 7 days after the end of the listing

Comments

• Might be that it's to allow you a chance to resolve the issue with the seller? I guess sellers really hate negative and neutral feedback. I'm not justifying it though, but maybe that's the reasoning. TBH neutral feedback isn't really such a big deal.

• edited December 2018

As a buyer, I only buy from sellers with 98% or better seller rating. So yeah, those neutral feedbacks make a difference and eBay knows it and the big sellers know it. As a seller wouldn't you want the opportunity to make it right if something goes wrong? And consumers are far more motivated to leave feedback when not satisfied compared to when they are satisfied. I think this policy just encourages buyers to sort out issues rather than just leave negative feedback and forget it.

I mean for a 12.95 purchase, it might be easier to just leave poor feedback, toss it in the bin, and go buy something else. But this policy encourages you to look at other options. Ask for a refund? Ask the seller to ship another? eBay can only survive if sellers have good customer service and if listings are accurate.

I've often bought eBay items that aren't as described and got refunds, shipping paid returns, discounts, etc. Companies rely on good seller ratings, so you have the advantage as the buyer here.

• edited December 2018

Ah but it was as described.....

Guess which line describes it. And no it didn’t match the picture.

• also, if the listing states something that is not delivered (such as "new", or other specifics about the item condition) then you really should contact the seller to make it right. And ultimately in that situation you have the right to appeal to eBay to issue a 100% refund regardless of the seller's return policy.

• If it was inaccurately described you should be able to get a refund.

• OT - been using AuctionSniper.com to bid just for once in the last 6-8 seconds even while I’m sleeping (set it up and forget it) and never lost an auction and always win at the lowest price. They have an app too.

• @BiancaNeve said:

Shame on them for making that line smaller. If you make a claim for item not as described you will most likely win, and seller will have to refund original payment and pay for return shipping.

As a seller on eBay, I'm glad they have the policy you're complaining about. Everything is in favor of the buyer on eBay, and it's nice they give a small possibility for a seller to fix a mistake and avoid their feedback getting dinged by a new/passive-aggressive eBayer. Talk about star inflation, do you know that sellers can't leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers ever? https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/sellerprotection.html

• I don’t think neutral feedback based on a misleading listing is passive aggressive behavior

• Yeah... today's all or nothing attitude (let's polarize every aspect of life) irritates the snot out of me.

• edited December 2018

ok, thats just awful. This seller deserves a lot of bad feedback for listing items that way. what was their seller rating?

i honestly don't think you will get any refund, but sellers like this ruin the eBay experience and should be put out of business by the competition.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I don’t think neutral feedback based on a misleading listing is passive aggressive behavior

Exactly. Ebay seems a bit off on this one. Think they are falling behind Amazon. They keep sending me offers to sell stuff without any final fees. How desperate can you get! 😄

@brambos said:
    Yeah... today's all or nothing attitude (let's polarize every aspect of life) irritates the snot out of me.

Yep, getting difficult to remember a time when that wasn’t the case. Everything is absolute now, clear in wack-and-blight. Middle ground or balanced thinking is for wimps! Everything is a competition, if not a battle. Even a collection of synths has become an “arsenal”. I have to retreat to my bunker now... (I miss the 90s and blame dubstep for all of this! 😛)

• I sold a tascam field recorder not long ago. The ‘apparently experienced’ user sent me a return request because the recorder did not turn on for that important recording. He wrote to me that thanks God he had his backup with him otherwise it would have been a disaster.

I didn’t want to take it back because I knew it worked when I sent it. He’s complained about packaging blah, blah. Ebay has forced me to accept the return which I knew would happen.

Guess what, when the recorder arrived back to me the ‘hold’ slider was on!

So yeah, I do sympathise with your cause @BiancaNeve but I have to say that Ebay is on the side of the buyer a vast majority of times so I tend to try and understand their side as well.

• edited December 2018

@BiancaNeve said:
    Ah but it was as described.....

the folks running that business probably don't even know or care about what they are selling.
    I never happened to see a regulated (!) powersupply that outputs AC o:)
    Seems a common issue, though, as the very same PX-2 is advertized as 'for all stomp boxes and floor effects' in one of the major German stores.
    (most such pedals have 9V DC supply specs and some might get fried by AC)

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I don’t think neutral feedback based on a misleading listing is passive aggressive behavior

I was talking about problematic buyer use cases, not you. Pardon my not clarifying. For the record, I also don’t think you’re new to eBay.

• @MobileMusic said:
    OT - been using AuctionSniper.com to bid just for once in the last 6-8 seconds even while I’m sleeping (set it up and forget it) and never lost an auction and always win at the lowest price. They have an app too.

Gixen.com does something similar with a free/donation model. No app, though.

• edited December 2018

9 times out of 10, my purchases on eBay turn out just fine. However, when a package doesn't arrive on time, I take the time to work things out with the seller. If an item is NOT as described, I work things out with the seller. It's only if I feel like I'm being flim-flammed then I go straight to eBay's help center and request a refund.

I'm currently in the middle of one of those "package did not arrive" deals and am currently working with the seller who has a 100% feedback rating. I never received a tracking number, so everything is up in the air. Now, if things go south and I request a refund, I don't usually bother leaving feedback, whether positive, neutral, or negative. Just not worth my time to "seek revenge". Shit, it's not like Korg where no refunds are given for an item yanked out of Module. :lol: