Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.7, Micrologue ARP & 6th Anniversary Sale available

Comments

• @sysexual said:
    this update has me crawling back to cubasis from ns2 world where i am not as impressed as i hoped. cubasis is pushing things forward in the right direction and this support from @LFS is awesome. maybe now i will invest in the waves plugin bundle as well. great to see this support from such an established household daw name.

@sysexual: Does Cubasis now store and remember the Auv3instruments internally as a file in the same way as ns2 does?
    @LFS could perhaps answer this question for me? Does it remember and store my project intact with Auv3?

• @Jocphone said:

@ohwell said:
    Ok, I’m tempted.

I can't seem to find clear info on MPE support within cubasis. Is it limited to integration with the Roli Noise app, or does it extend to other MPE compatible au synths?

I think I can connect my Lightpad Block M to any synth in Cubasis. Just tried it with Kronecker and Laplace, was able to map vertical slide to any of the dials.

OT: Good buy/happy with Lightpad Block M etc?

• @PhilW said:
    Thanks to the Cubasis team for continuing to keep it updated and moving forward - it is most appreciated. I do hope group tracks will be added in the near future, and also a tempo/time sig track. For me those are the major omissions.

+1 whilst I do really like cubasis the lack of a tempo track is a huge limitation for me which prevents me from using cubasis exclusively and I’m surprised the arp has beaten it to the top of the list to be implemented.

I have wondered if cubasis 3 might come along sometime. I’d happily pay again to have a tempo track and sub groups ect. Also a take/Lane system would be the icing on the cake

Well chuffed the edit velocity during playback issue has been addressed :-) thanks @Lars :smile:

• edited December 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear BT latency makes plugging in the way to go with these, unless I’m just looking for quick noodling. Can’t speak to lightpad specific features. Seaboard Block is everything I hoped as a piece of hardware. Using synths that truly harness the mpe potential like equator, thing is mind blowing.

Within iOS, the situation is frustrating imo. There are two big bottlenecks using it within iOS at the moment: (1) the app to configure it is PC/Mac only (Roli dashboard.) If it’s setup for mpe, poly synths that don’t support mpe won’t work well. (2) If you’re not happy just playing Roli noise presets, the iOS mpe synths atm are very, very limited.

• Just purchased the arp iap and must say on first listen all the presets sound superb, who can complain for £2.99.

• @Bloodline said:
    Just purchased the arp iap and must say on first listen all the presets sound superb, who can complain for £2.99.

I was not thinking much of it at first - but after watching the presets video for the Arp - it's now on my Buy list after Xmas

• @ohwell said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear BT latency makes plugging in the way to go with these, unless I’m just looking for quick noodling. Can’t speak to lightpad specific features. Seaboard Block is everything I hoped as a piece of hardware. Using synths that truly harness the mpe potential like equator, thing is mind blowing.

Within iOS, the situation is frustrating imo. There are two big bottlenecks using it within iOS at the moment: (1) the app to configure it is PC/Mac only (Roli dashboard.) If it’s setup for mpe, poly synths that don’t support mpe won’t work well. (2) If you’re not happy just playing Roli noise presets, the iOS mpe synths atm are very, very limited.

Thank you. I appreciate your insight.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Jocphone said:

@ohwell said:
    Ok, I’m tempted.

I can't seem to find clear info on MPE support within cubasis. Is it limited to integration with the Roli Noise app, or does it extend to other MPE compatible au synths?

I think I can connect my Lightpad Block M to any synth in Cubasis. Just tried it with Kronecker and Laplace, was able to map vertical slide to any of the dials.

I just read @ohwell explain their experience of the seaboard block which is a fair assessment.

Think I must be driven by much simpler urges because the Lightpad feels like magic to me, maybe the flashing lights have much to do with that but I also think this block occupies different territory. The layout clicks for me as a recovered fret botherer and I have also recently been playing it texting style with my thumbs and that is pretty satisfying. Drum mode works as a mini physical launchpad/Mpc style controller too.

I haven’t experienced any latency over Bluetooth either, the thing is very responsive and the general layout allows me to engage with it very physically if not always with a particularly musical outcome.

Works great with the recent Cubasis update and can be used with non MPE synths for normal keyboard duties with velocity, pitch bend and aftertouch. As mentioned the iceworks synths are good companions.

• @Jocphone said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Jocphone said:

@ohwell said:
    Ok, I’m tempted.

I just read @ohwell explain their experience of the seaboard block which is a fair assessment.

Think I must be driven by much simpler urges because the Lightpad feels like magic to me, maybe the flashing lights have much to do with that but I also think this block occupies different territory. The layout clicks for me as a recovered fret botherer and I have also recently been playing it texting style with my thumbs and that is pretty satisfying. Drum mode works as a mini physical launchpad/Mpc style controller too.

I haven’t experienced any latency over Bluetooth either, the thing is very responsive and the general layout allows me to engage with it very physically if not always with a particularly musical outcome.

Works great with the recent Cubasis update and can be used with non MPE synths for normal keyboard duties with velocity, pitch bend and aftertouch. As mentioned the iceworks synths are good companions.

Good. That's an assessment that makes sense to me or sounds as though it might largely fit my own thumbs....thank you.

• @ecou said:
    @Tovokas does not seem to remember Beathawk state for me. Did you do anything for Beathawk state to be saved?

Sorry I didn’t see your post till now: yes it saving AU state for me on 3 instances of Beathawk. Maybe try with a new song?

• Ok thanks!

• @LFS this arp is really good, i mean really good. do you foresee anymore features being added to micrologue in the future? i think its a lovely synth that maybe gets overlooked a lot as its an included synth. thanks to steinberg for this fabulous update.

• I'm loving the update, but I hope Steinberg look at adding support for nested folders in the MediaBay soon.
    It breaks my heart to see my carefully organised sample library get pancaked.

• @LFS you should make the arp work outside micrologue with other auv3:s. It’s great. Thanks

• @Telstar5 said:
    @LFS could perhaps answer this question for me? Does it remember and store my project intact with Auv3?

Hi Telstar5,

From what we've seen in our recent testings with several AU instruments, their settings are correctly stored with the Cubasis project.

Nevertheless it depends on the app manufacturer to make sure, AU operation with Cubasis and other mobile DAW's works as expected. Here, issues can appear which are often unrelated to Cubasis (or the other DAW's).

If you encounter problems, please make sure to notify the AU instrument/effect app developer.

Hope that helps,

Lars

• @Jocphone said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Jocphone said:

@ohwell said:
    Ok, I’m tempted.

Indeed, we've had much fun with the ROLI stuff, when adding MPE support to Cubasis 2.6 with our friends at ROLI back then.

In case you've missed it, here are the related Cubasis 2.6 and ROLI clips regarding the previous update.

• @fattigman said:
    i think other ios DAWs can learn something from cubasis when it comes to management. as a customer we can expect a new release every 6th months and sometimes minor bug fixes in between. @LFS is active in this forum and has always been very helpful. we may not always get what we wish for with every update but i trust that it will come eventually. thanks for your great job and merry christmas to the cubasis team.

Thanks and back!

• It really is fun but also a great way to add some extra control to sounds. It's amazing how synth presets can be transformed with a bit more realtime tweakery!

@LFS ..talking about drums, the built-in kits map perfectly to the Lightpad but not the Classic Machines. Is there a way to change this so that the drums are all mapped correctly?

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2018

@Jocphone said:
    It really is fun but also a great way to add some extra control to sounds. It's amazing how synth presets can be transformed with a bit more realtime tweakery!

@LFS ..talking about drums, the built-in kits map perfectly to the Lightpad but not the Classic Machines. Is there a way to change this so that the drums are all mapped correctly?

Hi Jocphone,

Thanks for your message.

The Classic Machines follow the GM standard where possible.
    I'm afraid remapping is not possible here. I'd suggest to let ROLI know about your feature request!

Best,
    Lars

• @blakkaz said:
    I'm loving the update, but I hope Steinberg look at adding support for nested folders in the MediaBay soon.
    It breaks my heart to see my carefully organised sample library get pancaked.

It's in the plan, but will still take some time.

• yes, i have to agree with others here, the plethora of great presets that come with the micrologue arp make it more than worth the 2.99. I’ve only been through 25 of the 75 available but each one, using the lock step then switching sounds around and making minor adjustments to the arp has yealded another 2 or 3 great sound/arp presets for me..
    also being able to turn off the loop so it just triggers a riff and the other retrigger options mean you can just write note/chord lengths out to get the non 16 step cycles @samu was looking for..
    many many thanks @LFS.
    pre/post fader option on the fx inserts/sends soon?
    ( sorry Lars, couldn’t resist a feature request.. its just standard etiquette when talking about Cubasis here!! :-] )

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2018

@RockySmalls said:
    ( sorry Lars, couldn’t resist a feature request.. its just standard etiquette when talking about Cubasis here!! :-] )

More flexible Pre/Post settings are on the list, but will not happen before a bigger update in the future...

• @LFS said:

@Jocphone said:
    It really is fun but also a great way to add some extra control to sounds. It's amazing how synth presets can be transformed with a bit more realtime tweakery!

Hi Jocphone,

Thanks for your message.

The Classic Machines follow the GM standard where possible.
    I'm afraid remapping is not possible here. I'd suggest to let ROLI know about your feature request!

Best,
    Lars

Hmm, maybe I could do this myself with an AU MIDI FX.. Seems to silly to support one mapping with your in-built drum kits and another for the Classic machines, what was the thinking behind that?

• @LFS said:

@RockySmalls said:

More flexible Pre/Post settings are on the list, but will not happen before a bigger update in the future...

of course, i love the concept of ‘ a bigger update ‘ whatever shenanigans that brings with it!! :)

• @sysexual said:
    @LFS this arp is really good, i mean really good. do you foresee anymore features being added to micrologue in the future? i think its a lovely synth that maybe gets overlooked a lot as its an included synth. thanks to steinberg for this fabulous update.

Since they added Legato to the arp, they could have added it to the main Micrologue synth as wel, which is sorely missing when Glide exists

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2018

Cubasis Project Importer 2.7 Pre-Release update

Hi all,

Please note that the Cubasis Project Importer 2.7 pre-release update, which allows you to import Cubasis projects into Cubase, is available for immediate download at: http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter

The update, version 2.7 includes several improvements and is recommended for all users.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• This is why we love Cubasis :)

We love recording these kinds of apps.

Many of us love iOS music making because of such wonderful touch screen apps. Now they are starting to become AU, it’s important that all iOS DAWs and Hosts embrace them :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    This is why we love Cubasis :)

We love recording these kinds of apps.

Many of us love iOS music making because of such wonderful touch screen apps. Now they are starting to become AU, it’s important that all iOS DAWs and Hosts embrace them :)

Co-sign!

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2018

@echoopera said:

@tja said:
    Nice and sounds good.

But what makes Cubasis totally unusable is the fact, that it still cannot render correct audio, at all.
    As before, a little piece of silence will be added in Mixdown:

This was supposed to be exactly 4 seconds.
    But Cubasis cannot handle this.
    No other DAW has such a problem!

I only tested again with MIDI, but I suppose the same is true for audio, like before.
    Your CB-4455 seems to be something different, @LFS

And I am NOT starting to chop those pieces manually.
    Instead, I am short of deleting Cubasis from all of my devices.

It was promised, that this bug will be fixed. But simply, it is not.

Sorry, but I am massively frustrated.
    Fixing bugs would be more important than adding new stuff.

Yep an annoying bug, but you are just 2 taps away from chopping it to your desired length in AuduoShare.

FWIW, i always post to Soundcloud from Audioshare and always always trim and fade in and out before doing so.

Imho, I’d take the extra 3 seconds to chop it in Audioshare to save you the stress.

It’s an annoying bug but isn’t a ship blocker. It will get fixed.

Have a nice day🙏🏼

Please allow me to share the steps (plus additional tip) here as well, for those searching for the answer as well...

• Perform a long tap on an audio event in the arranger window to set L/R markers automatically
    • Go to mixdown (make sure "Mixdown between locators" is enabled)
    • Tap the button

This allows to quickly and easily create mixdowns of a desired length.
    No need to do additional steps or change to another app etc.

Best,
    Lars