Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Inconsistencies of Cubasis, SynthMaster One, SynthMaster Player, etc on iPad Pro's 2018

@Lars , @kv331audio_bulent , @kv331audio , @lbiyikoglu

Please observe these screenshots very closely and compare them to see their layout issues. I've also noticed the buttons in the SynthMaster One's Browser not responding to taps at times.

NOTE: The forum software on Steinberg and KVRAudio sites are dated and not user-friendly to share screenshots and so, I'm posting these here. Hopefully, @Michael wouldn't mind me for chewing up some of his hosting space and bandwidth (I've reduced the image sizes and re-saved them as JPG's).

Steinberg should divide the iPad screen into 3 horizontal sections like GB and SynthMaster One does which is highly optimal and allow dual Keyboards/Pads where possible (you may use a single miniature Keyboard scroller for both linked keyboards to gain some space). I think shorter soft Keyboards are fine for most of the users as opposed to taller keyboards. Plus, shorter Keyboards look more beautiful compared to ugly taller Keyboards. If necessary, you may shrink/zoom-out the AU panel to fit the AU in the 1/3 panel (Kauldron zoom's out nicely when tapped on/off Presets button on the AU panel). Also please consider labeling the keys with Note Labels that offer educational value (see GB's implementation which is graceful). You may offer these Note Labels as a configurable setting to display them on Octave Keys only (default), White Keys only and All Keys.

Layout issues on iPad Pro 11" 2018

SynthMaster One AU full screen with wasted space inside the window. Also needs to optimize the layout to consume the 11" size when Cubasis optimizes theirs:

Pressing the Keys toolbar icon from AU full screen results in shorter keyboard with a 3rd piano roll panel visible on the top:

The usual Keyboard and AU panels - keyboard height is taller (SM1 needs resizing its layout):

Cubasis Keyboard-only (keyboard height is shorter compared to the one above):

Cubasis with SynthMaster Player in full screen - titles chopped off:

Cubasis with SynthMaster Player - when Keys icon is tapped from full screen AU (a 3rd piano roll panel is visible with some SMP's controls chopped off):

Cubasis with SynthMaster Player AU window and taller Keyboard - SMP's controls are chopped off:

Cubasis with SynthMaster Player AU window only - controls are chopped off:

GarageBand with SynthMaster One AU in full screen with wasted space on the sides:

GarageBand with SynthMaster One AU window and Keyboard with wasted space (only single keyboard is allowed):

GarageBand with dual Keyboards:

GarageBand with SynthMaster Player AU window and Keyboard (only single keyboard is allowed):

GarageBand with internal synth and Keyboard (only single keyboard is allowed):

'=========================================================

Layout issues on iPad Pro 12.9" 2018

Cubasis with SynthMaster One AU full screen - some controls chopped:

Cubasis with SynthMaster One AU window (wasted space), short Keyboard and Piano Roll in the 3rd panel (when the Keys icon is tapped from AU full screen):

Cubasis with taller Keyboard only:

Cubasis with SynthMaster One AU window and very tall/ugly Keyboard (this height could accommodate 2 keyboards easily!):

GarageBand with SynthMaster AU in full screen:

GarageBand with SynthMaster AU window, Keyboard and Piano Roll (only single keyboard is allowed):

GarageBand with internal synth, Keyboard and Piano Roll (only single keyboard is allowed):

GarageBand with internal synth and dual keyboards

GarageBand with SynthMaster Player AU window, Keyboard and Piano Roll (only single keyboard is allowed):

The layout concepts are simple if we observe GB - while displaying a synth/AU and the Piano Roll, only a single keyboard is allowed (total 3 horizontal sections). While displaying only a synth/AU or Piano Roll, dual keyboards are allowed (total 3 horizontal sections). @Lars please follow these layouts - display 3 horizontal sections even on iPad Pro 11" with some shrinking of AU panel if required and shorter Keyboards to be consistent (regardless of what GB is doing with iPad Pro 11" displaying only 2 panels).

My point is - on iPad mini for instance, the same iPad apps work as-is and do not resort to showing fewer sections/controls because it has a smaller screen. So the 11" and 12.9" should work exactly the same way using the exact, same layouts/sections. Otherwise, a user switching from 11" to 12.9" or vice-versa would be very frustrated to see different layouts (2 horizontal sections vs 3 horizontal sections) until getting used to them. If the user is constantly switching between these sizes back-n-forth, there is no getting used to - only frustration from very bad UX!! Apple/GB is mistaken using different app layouts for different screen sizes of iPad. The only exception is between an iPad app and an iPhone app.

Hope you would address the above issues in your pre-Christmas release (otherwise, as @Fruitbat1919 said, NO mince pies for you if it’s not before Xmas :smile:).

Cheers!

Shekar

Comments

• Hi Shekar,

Please download todays' Cubasis 2.7 version, which addresses the iPad Pro 2018 graphical issues.
    Please let us have your feedback, once you've tried out the update.

Best,
    Lars

• edited January 2019

@LFS said:
    Hi Shekar,

Please download todays' Cubasis 2.7 version, which addresses the iPad Pro 2018 graphical issues.
    Please let us have your feedback, once you've tried out the update.

Best,
    Lars

Hi Lars, I've tried the new v2.7 and have to confirm - all the reported issues remain the same - except for the issue where Cubasis was shrunk inside the rounded corners (the new fix stretches it full screen without any wasted space along the sides). I'll update the new screenshots next year but again - all the reported issues remain the same as I expected.

@kv331audio_bulent , @lbiyikoglu , Some of these pertain to SynthMaster One and SynthMaster Player.

• I'm having a BIG issue with SynthMaster On transforming input up an octave randomly causing stuck notes