Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Steinberg ur22mkii or Behringer UMC204HD

I need a good interface to record guitar, stereo synth and plug some monitors. I would like to use it with my pc or iPad. From my reading their seems to be lots of problem out there with iOS interface.

The steinberg seems to be on sale lately. Maybe it’s gonna get discontinued.

Comments

• I’m using a duet, but if one was in the market for iOS I/O the jam+ seems like the most appealing option when it’s available. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JamPlus--apogee-jam

• edited December 2018

I need a stereo input and duet is out of my price rance an I have no confidence in the dongle it uses.

Please chip in if you are using one of those 2 interfaces.

• The Behringer is a pretty good deal, but be aware that when using with iOS and a powered hub it will almost always eventually start spitting out static/noise. Behringer has admitted the issue on a forum I found a while ago, but apparently some people on this forum said they don’t have the issue... no idea how they don’t, but they said they don’t.

If you don’t need to run a hub to connect other usb idi controllers, the hd had din midi, I’d say save money and get the Behringer. I have it and like it. I’ve used the stein berg, but never tested it with a hub.

• I just bought the UR22mk2, and after I was informed on this forum to turn the f#%^*ing iPad microphone on it was clear sailing. If you are using Cubasis a lot as your DAW, it is totally compatible as both are made by Steinberg. Who the hell is Steinberg, anyway? Sounds like the math wiz in high school who couldn't get a date.

It is very solidly built and feature full. Don't know Behringer, but if the UR22 is on sale, you won't go far wrong. You will need a 5v dc adaptor (not included) if using with an iPad. Not enough juice in the pad to drive it.

• Ur22 is a good choise and i wouldnt trust behringer to be even half as good

• If more inputs are needed there’s always the UR242.
    The Yamaha AG06 is also a good catch if one can find one!

• The Steinberg is great.

If you're recording guitar, do yourself a favour and invest in a passive DI as well.

• @BroCoast said:
    The Steinberg is great.

If you're recording guitar, do yourself a favour and invest in a passive DI as well.

I’m not a guitar player, so I’m sorry for the beginner question. Do you need/want a passive DI even though there is a high impedance button on the interface?

• @frejahel said:

@BroCoast said:
    The Steinberg is great.

I’m not a guitar player, so I’m sorry for the beginner question. Do you need/want a passive DI even though there is a high impedance button on the interface?

The reason I suggest a passive DI is to avoid ground loops. If I plug into my UR22mk2 instrument input while my iPad is connected to power it creates a ground loop.

• Aha, right. Thanks for the reply @BroCoast !

• Thanks @MonkeyDrummer I’m not gonna mess with the Behringer. I’m trying to find a solid interface. I curentlty have a Roland quad capture that is rock solid but not iPad compatible.

Nobody seem to have had experience with Roland Rubix 22 in this forum.

• I'm not a power user, but just wanted to chime in that the Behringer UMC204HD has been awesome for me. Replaced about 2 or 3 separate dongles I was using for interfaces and MIDI hookups, and have not experienced any of the USB noise mentioned above.